Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saskatchewan v. Canada (Carbon Tax)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mustard Tiger View Post

Oh, more misinformation? Ok then. No one said there is a precise correct temp. But there are negative consequences of global warming.
    Misinformation? He asked a direct question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick View Post

Misinformation? He asked a direct question.
      Misinformation because not once did I say anything about a precise temp. It was an out of left field direct question that was a misdirection from other misinformation that was already pointed out. I figured that didnít need to all be said, but since your responded there it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by footballisgood View Post

Sad but true. And it is only going to intensify as we go forward. People complain now about our immigration levels, it's probably going to be a huge issue in the election. But we are going to have to adapt to the number of refugees that will be looking to Canada.
        Italy turned away boat of refugees just last year. Interesting what today's government would do in that situation. A tough decision like MS St. Louis could hit Canada again, "No country could open its doors wide enough to take in the hundreds of thousands of Jewish people who want to leave Europe: the line must be drawn somewhere.Ē (Frederick Blair, director of the Government of Canadaís Immigration Branch, 1939)

Comment

I was just waiting for this one. Gee whiz itís sure been cold recently, whereís that global warming? What a knee slapper!
          As much of as a knee slapper as there was a flood in Sk and a forest fire in Ab. Got to be global warming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

As much of as a knee slapper as there was a flood in Sk and a forest fire in Ab. Got to be global warming.
            Trust the science ....

Comment

So do you actually believe humans donít affect global warming?

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post

Trust the science ....
                Random anecdotes are way more meaningful than science, apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post

Trust the science ....
                  Apparently science is fake news if it's not good news.

Comment

So do you actually believe humans donít affect global warming?
                    Well. .....was the SK flood and Ab forest fire global warming or not?

Comment

• Nobody has yet to say what the ideal earth temp is.

Comment

• People like to go with their "belief" rather than trust educated positions. That belief is generally based on how they want things to be rather than what they actually are like.

It is a growing trend in our society to not trust experience and expertise. It may be even worse in the younger generation than older ones. I'm not sure how we can conduct any science or make any societal progress in a society where opinions take the place of facts, or where what should be "fact" is just partisan that changes every 4 years or so. How do you make long term plans or tackle big problems if every government is operating in a completely different fictional reality than the last?

Comment

• Once in a while I remind myself that some people will believe a politician over a scientist. Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction.

Comment

Nobody has yet to say what the ideal earth temp is.
                            The earth temperature is increasing. Unless you donít trust NASA.

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs...l-temperature/

Comment

• Originally posted by DJR View Post
                              Once in a while I remind myself that some people will believe a politician over a scientist. Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction.
                              Look at all the anti-vaxers who believe a playboy model over scientists

Comment

• Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

Look at all the anti-vaxers who believe a playboy model over scientists
                                My mom at age 91 still gets swearing mad at the anti vaxers. She worked at the Ft San sanitarium, many years ago

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X