Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP Lounge, it was fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

    It was his racism that was the issue.
    And here we go. Not agreeing with immigration policy doesnít make someone a racist.
    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

      So get rid of Tickdog and the right wing conservatives and it is all good then? I am pretty sure he was called nazi and racist before he brought in left wing liberal nicknames.

      Then there is the so called good debate and discussion where one side decides they are judge and jury on what is a reputable source and what isnít.

      The op admitted everyone has an agenda. When that happens calm discussion and debate go out the window.
      Everyone does have an agenda, thats not an issue. It becomes an issue when the poster pushes their agenda in every thread.

      99 percent of the time I feel posters in thread can police the troublmakers just fine. Like another poster said earlier, let people sink themselves.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

        So get rid of Tickdog and the right wing conservatives and it is all good then? I am pretty sure he was called nazi and racist before he brought in left wing liberal nicknames.

        Then there is the so called good debate and discussion where one side decides they are judge and jury on what is a reputable source and what isnít.

        The op admitted everyone has an agenda. When that happens calm discussion and debate go out the window.
        There are and were good arguments to be made on the side of conservative politics, but Tickdog was not the guy to make them.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by dodgeandburn View Post

          Everyone does have an agenda, thats not an issue. It becomes an issue when the poster pushes their agenda in every thread.

          99 percent of the time I feel posters in thread can police the troublmakers just fine. Like another poster said earlier, let people sink themselves.
          I agree, make your point (not you specif-ally) and then drop it, it doesn't do anyone any good to say the same thing 15 times. Then a mod has to come in that just maybe had a weekend away from the internet and clean everything up.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

            And here we go. Not agreeing with immigration policy doesnít make someone a racist.
            Again, there's a spectrum of that. I don't think I could define exactly who or what a racist is, but I 'll know it when I see it" ( as borrowed from the pornography debates of the 80's).

            I found my way to the yellow vest protest site on Facebook, and there are many posts in there that are clearly racist in nature. Taking AK47's to groups of muslims, Hitler was right about the Jews... that kind of thing. I left there feeling kind of sad for humanity to be honest, and those kinds of places clearly define to me what I am not. Others feel differently, and for the most part, thats fine. Yet on pipeline issues, I'm firmly in the "build it" camp, but know that it has to be done in the right way, and eventually will be built. These discussions can be done well, and respectfully, and I see there are some sites trying to do just that. Such as debateme, where an argument is made, say, for or against a border wall, and then the quality of the statement is voted upon and discussed. Rationally. Seemed kind of interesting, and at least an attempt to raise discourse.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by squish View Post

              Again, there's a spectrum of that. I don't think I could define exactly who or what a racist is, but I 'll know it when I see it" ( as borrowed from the pornography debates of the 80's).

              I found my way to the yellow vest protest site on Facebook, and there are many posts in there that are clearly racist in nature. Taking AK47's to groups of muslims, Hitler was right about the Jews... that kind of thing. I left there feeling kind of sad for humanity to be honest, and those kinds of places clearly define to me what I am not. Others feel differently, and for the most part, thats fine. Yet on pipeline issues, I'm firmly in the "build it" camp, but know that it has to be done in the right way, and eventually will be built. These discussions can be done well, and respectfully, and I see there are some sites trying to do just that. Such as debateme, where an argument is made, say, for or against a border wall, and then the quality of the statement is voted upon and discussed. Rationally. Seemed kind of interesting, and at least an attempt to raise discourse.
              So you mention one side of the problem but donít name other groups with an equally disturbing mandate
              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by dodgeandburn View Post

                Everyone does have an agenda, thats not an issue. It becomes an issue when the poster pushes their agenda in every thread.

                99 percent of the time I feel posters in thread can police the troublmakers just fine. Like another poster said earlier, let people sink themselves.
                So basically let a one sided mandate and agenda discuss and shun and get rid of the ones who donít agree.
                Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

                  So you mention one side of the problem but donít name other groups with an equally disturbing mandate
                  I was just responding to the post. Feel free to share your experiences as well.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by squish View Post

                    There are and were good arguments to be made on the side of conservative politics, but Tickdog was not the guy to make them.
                    Again tickdog is the problem.

                    You know what Tickdog is around here to many, he is the first 2 days of the MAGA hat kid. The real problem that needs to be eliminated. Meanwhile the other group involved Is not the problem.
                    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

                      So basically let a one sided mandate and agenda discuss and shun and get rid of the ones who donít agree.
                      They don't want a debate, they want an online group hug.
                      Last edited by Tyree; 02-10-2019, 10:29 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by squish View Post

                        I was just responding to the post. Feel free to share your experiences as well.
                        Sure you were.
                        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

                          Again tickdog is the problem.

                          You know what Tickdog is around here to many, he is the first 2 days of the MAGA hat kid. The real problem that needs to be eliminated. Meanwhile the other group involved Is not the problem.
                          I prefer well thought out and rational debate. Iím sorry, tickdog was not the guy to provide that. Thatís all. As I said, there are many good conservative based arguments to be made, but he was just not good at doing that, instead dropping down into name calling. Other posters are and were much better at challenging my views on things, and managed to stay respectful while doing it.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Tyree View Post

                            They don't want a debate, they want an omline group hug.
                            They want politics in the lounge to push an agenda. Guess what topic in the lounge is never coming back and now they protest about a perceived injustice

                            They make Saints fans look classy in a loss.
                            Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by squish View Post

                              I prefer well thought out and rational debate. Iím sorry, tickdog was not the guy to provide that. Thatís all. As I said, there are many good conservative based arguments to be made, but he was just not good at doing that, instead dropping down into name calling. Other posters are and were much better at challenging my views on things, and managed to stay respectful while doing it.
                              Did you ever change your view or position because of those conservative based arguments/debates?
                              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

                                Again tickdog is the problem.

                                You know what Tickdog is around here to many, he is the first 2 days of the MAGA hat kid. The real problem that needs to be eliminated. Meanwhile the other group involved Is not the problem.
                                No, what Tickdog was around here was the type of poster that would post stuff to get the poop storm going and then keep throwing fire on it. Just like you do in a lot of threads, if there isn't drama, you step in and try to stir it up. Tickdog was not the only problem in most of those threads but he was certainly the biggest problem. Not everyone in the world is a black/white mindset as some on here, there are shades of grey, and many political (and other) discussions can be had without the mentality that I am right; you are stupid. Unfortunately, anytime that a discussion is based on anonymity, you get that attitude.

                                I personally have no issue either way regarding whether discussion is allowed here or not. There are many other options and I seek them out, if I really feel the need.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X