Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP Lounge, it was fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

OK, let us get it straight. If ASFAIK, the lounge is still there. It has not died.

I dunno what posts the OP wanted, and really i do not care.

This forum is just fine as is. I am able to post like my usual dorky but non threatening way and nothing has changed,

What;s the beef
    Some posters have a hard time in the off season and go trolling for kicks. This one is doing quite well, 5 full pages so far.

ps. It's Where's the beef?

Comment

Originally posted by jenius View Post

Some posters have a hard time in the off season and go trolling for kicks. This one is doing quite well, 5 full pages so far.

ps. It's Where's the beef?
      Thanks, my good friend. My browser resets all the time and drops a lot of symbols, so I just go with what is easiest, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

We've lost some prolific posters. MAO. tickdog, off the top of my head. I didn't always agree with Bradleys threads and almost never with tickxdogs posts but at least there was always something to read.
        Tickdog was more toxic then good for RF.

I would say if election discussion ever came back or light politics it would be best for anything to do with Trump as a non starter.

The Canadian political threads seemed far more respectful.

Comment

Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

I would say if election discussion ever came back or light politics it would be best for anything to do with Trump as a non starter.

I would hope that we could have a good discourse about the issues and platforms as they arise, but alas, it would probably devolve into namecalling of the candidates and those that support them. Kind of the Tickdog specialty.

Comment

Yep they seemed to be, anything about Trump just got toxic in a hurry. Tickdog didn't bother me too much. Him and others just seemed to get into a peeing match over and over with nothing new being said, then things got heated and mods needed to step in. That got old.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

I would hope that we could have a good discourse about the issues and platforms as they arise, but alas, it would probably devolve into namecalling of the candidates and those that support them. Kind of the Tickdog specialty.
              Hey you and I have been guilty too.

Comment

Yea it's still here lol. I think CRF would have let us know if he was shutting it down. The OP and I never agreed on literally anything, but that is fine his posts weren't offensive. If we all agreed with each other and sang Kumbaya every night the place would get boring.
                Sorry if my view os offensive with you. First time anyone on here that has has been said.
                Look, what was said in the original post is true.
                This place has lost some very solid Lounge contributors, posters that started real topics.

They are gone for whatever reason, and now there is food, movies parking tickets topics.

Comment

Hey you and I have been guilty too.
                  Of namecalling? No, Not to the level where there would be the list of 5-10 name-calling adjectives before actually using the person's name.

I'll own getting into heated political debate for sure, and take my share of the blame for threads going sideways with my contrarian views, but most of the time I spend in those threads was trying to find and post actual truthful things to formulate arguments and opinions.

Comment

It wasnít all Tickdog.
                    Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeandburn View Post

Sorry if my view os offensive with you. First time anyone on here that has has been said.
                      Look, what was said in the original post is true.
                      This place has lost some very solid Lounge contributors, posters that started real topics.

They are gone for whatever reason, and now there is food, movies parking tickets topics.
                      Not offensive at all, just didn't agree with you and that is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

It wasnít all Tickdog.
                        Agreed, but he was the main one who was more than williing to drop the level of discourse to name-calling, which to me was the most annoying thing. The lists of whatever insults he had learned online that week "snowflake, feminazi, globalist, soros-loving, ................". To me that really always hijacked what may have been a good discussion/debate before that, then others (myself included at times) decide to scrap in the mud with him for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

Agreed, but he was the main one who was more than williing to drop the level of discourse to name-calling, which to me was the most annoying thing. The lists of whatever insults he had learned online that week "snowflake, feminazi, globalist, soros-loving, ................". To me that really always hijacked what may have been a good discussion/debate before that, then others (myself included at times) decide to scrap in the mud with him for a bit.
                          So get rid of Tickdog and the right wing conservatives and it is all good then? I am pretty sure he was called nazi and racist before he brought in left wing liberal nicknames.

Then there is the so called good debate and discussion where one side decides they are judge and jury on what is a reputable source and what isnít.

The op admitted everyone has an agenda. When that happens calm discussion and debate go out the window.

Comment

It wasnít all Tickdog.
                            His was the most extreme. I am bad on any Trump related thread

Comment

So get rid of Tickdog and the right wing conservatives and it is all good then? I am pretty sure he was called nazi and racist before he brought in left wing liberal nicknames.

Then there is the so called good debate and discussion where one side decides they are judge and jury on what is a reputable source and what isnít.

The op admitted everyone has an agenda. When that happens calm discussion and debate go out the window.
                              It was his racism that was the issue.

Comment

His was the most extreme. I am bad on any Trump related thread
                                So are lots of posters. The problem is some have little to no self awareness they are a problem as well.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X