Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP Lounge, it was fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dodgeandburn View Post

I dont keep track to be honest, Im sure its low. The topics have fallen in line with the mandated direction.

What the orignal post says is true.

The tread has turned into a bashing which I find funny and dont take personally.
    Or maybe a lot of people agree with each other and don't with you.

Comment

I miss the politics discussions, because by going back and seeing I was right about everything, I could prove I do indeed a DeLorean that's a time machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Or maybe a lot of people agree with each other and don't with you.
        Could very well be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Guilty as charged. I voted for him based on legal weed. Now he is dead to me
          No regrets just disappointed. Some of the big messes such as Trans Mountain and Phoenix would have happened under Harper. There is a decent possibility that the conservatives would have done exactly what the Liberals are accused of doing regarding that engineering firm which is disgusting that any government would consider giving that corrupt company an olive branch. I am not giving the Liberals a pass on this. If they tried to get the AG to put pressure on the crown regarding that case an election should be called right away.

Only real diffrence would would be less debt. But maybe a higher increase in hate crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

No regrets just disappointed. Some of the big messes such as Trans Mountain and Phoenix would have happened under Harper. There is a decent possibility that the conservatives would have done exactly what the Liberals are accused of doing regarding that engineering firm which is disgusting that any government would consider giving that corrupt company an olive branch. I am not giving the Liberals a pass on this. If they tried to get the AG to put pressure on the crown regarding that case an election should be called right away.

Only real diffrence would would be less debt. But maybe a higher increase in hate crimes.
            So let me get this straight. A thread about the inability to talk about politics, religion, abortion, etc turns into a political discussion which is banned? Only on Riderfans where discussions have a way of going off the rails!

Comment

Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

I would question how much less debt, as cons havenít really proven to be keen fiscal managers for decades. But Trudeau is digging his own grave on his flip-flopping and ambivalence alone. Terrible state of politics and political leadership in this country. That is all I will say.

Comment

Originally posted by drysaddle View Post

I would question how much less debt, as cons havenít really proven to be keen fiscal managers for decades. But Trudeau is digging his own grave on his flip-flopping and ambivalence alone. Terrible state of politics and political leadership in this country. That is all I will say.
                I'm a little more optimistic. Trudeau can run on his record for better or worse, but meanwhile, I think Scheer has shown himself to be (at least I hope) not a conservative in the mold of the American Republicans. He doesn't seem to be trying to appeal to those that would want authoritarian rule, or tapping into nationalistic populism. I think we'll have a couple decent choices this fall.... and also Bernier, Singh, and May

Comment

Jump in so I can say I was in before the lock.

The traffic seems to be slower here of late, in a case or 2, good in the long run. Too bad that for some that they cant self regulate and not be that alcoholic who comes out of the bathroom to find that restaurant has closed down and the bar is sitting there for the taking.

Miss the political discussion, and with a couple of elections upcoming it would have been nice to mix it up with a few folks.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

I'm a little more optimistic. Trudeau can run on his record for better or worse, but meanwhile, I think Scheer has shown himself to be (at least I hope) not a conservative in the mold of the American Republicans. He doesn't seem to be trying to appeal to those that would want authoritarian rule, or tapping into nationalistic populism. I think we'll have a couple decent choices this fall.... and also Bernier, Singh, and May
                    For the most part, I think we Canadians are centralists. We love our healthcare and we also love making money. That is why we are such the envy of the world, We really can straddle both sides of many topics. Bernier is just a mad guy who went to the store and bought his own ball and is inviting people to play. Singh....horrible choice as he doesnt know whats going on around him along with he has no respect from those in his own party, and May........not someone I would want leading this country given some of her extremist views.

Will head in another direction here really quick..................prison sentences................for years a person always had a chance to get out of jail if they werent tagged as a "Dangerous Offender". This past week had talk of sentences of 150 years for the Quebec Mosque shooter and they wanted 40 years for the guy in TO gets but gets 25 cause the judge thought he would be safe to release at age 91. Seems like the attitudes of a few have switched over to the "let them rot" camp.
                    Last edited by Magnum; 02-10-2019, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Guilty as charged. I voted for him based on legal weed. Now he is dead to me
                      Just my opinion..........hell most everything I post is my opinion, but if Harper wasnt so blind to the allure of weed vote, I think he would still have been in power with a minority or perhaps Just would have just had a minority. Anyway, Harper lost touch along with those around him. The guy wasnt listening. I had heard that on the eve of the election going back to Calgary from Vancouver that he knew that we was defeated, it was just a matter of by how much.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post
                        Jump in so I can say I was in before the lock.

The traffic seems to be slower here of late, in a case or 2, good in the long run. Too bad that for some that they cant self regulate and not be that alcoholic who comes out of the bathroom to find that restaurant has closed down and the bar is sitting there for the taking.

Miss the political discussion, and with a couple of elections upcoming it would have been nice to mix it up with a few folks.
                        We've lost some prolific posters. MAO. tickdog, off the top of my head. I didn't always agree with Bradleys threads and almost never with tickxdogs posts but at least there was always something to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

We've lost some prolific posters. MAO. tickdog, off the top of my head. I didn't always agree with Bradleys threads and almost never with tickxdogs posts but at least there was always something to read.
                          OK, let us get it straight. If ASFAIK, the lounge is still there. It has not died.

I dunno what posts the OP wanted, and really i do not care.

This forum is just fine as is. I am able to post like my usual dorky but non threatening way and nothing has changed,

What;s the beef

Comment

Originally posted by svt46 View Post

So let me get this straight. A thread about the inability to talk about politics, religion, abortion, etc turns into a political discussion which is banned? Only on Riderfans where discussions have a way of going off the rails!
                            The undercover thread

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post

Just my opinion..........hell most everything I post is my opinion, but if Harper wasnt so blind to the allure of weed vote, I think he would still have been in power with a minority or perhaps Just would have just had a minority. Anyway, Harper lost touch along with those around him. The guy wasnt listening. I had heard that on the eve of the election going back to Calgary from Vancouver that he knew that we was defeated, it was just a matter of by how much.
                              I donít think it was just weed but his stance on weed certainly showed him to be out of touch, which spread across other issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

OK, let us get it straight. If ASFAIK, the lounge is still there. It has not died.

I dunno what posts the OP wanted, and really i do not care.

This forum is just fine as is. I am able to post like my usual dorky but non threatening way and nothing has changed,

What;s the beef
                                Yea it's still here lol. I think CRF would have let us know if he was shutting it down. The OP and I never agreed on literally anything, but that is fine his posts weren't offensive. If we all agreed with each other and sang Kumbaya every night the place would get boring.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X