Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP Lounge, it was fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

So does it make me neurotic that I am all over the political map depending on the topic?
    Hey, I'm right there with you. I don't identify with any one party or side of the spectrum. It depends on the issue for me, and there is good and bad on both sides of the centre.
    Is it May yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by juice View Post
      Here is the issue as I see it:

Too many people treat politics like sports. They pick their team, and then feel they have to support that team no matter what stupid **** they might say or do. They also feel they need to label everyone else as a supporter of one team or another. Nobody seems to have the ability to talk objectively about ideas without considering the source (whichever "team") it came from, and basing their support or lack thereof on whose idea it is, rather than the merit of the idea itself.

This is why we can't have nice things.
      Not bad analogy, but maybe Fantasy Football would be guidelines to go by. You pick your different positions which are different topics and argue each one from a positional standpoint. Bo or Reilly........well cant go much wrong with either but still can discuss the finer points of an argument. Running back.......Harris......Rainy......Gable, now we have more of a discussion. We arnt locked in to one team but by the team that we pick. Not sure if that makes sense or not.

Comment

Hey, I'm right there with you. I don't identify with any one party or side of the spectrum. It depends on the issue for me, and there is good and bad on both sides of the centre.
        I said before that we as Canadians are more along the lines of being centralists. For the most part we pick the flavor of the day but when we get too many on one side of the spectrum, that creates the imbalance that we have seen in some political outcomes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post
          Doesn't Tickdog spend the winters in the Phillipines?
          I know he's mentioned that, but I feel like I remember him not posting last winter and when he came back he said he also spent some time at his cabin in the middle of no where. Either way his ears must be ringing!

Comment

• This has been amusing. If only people spent the time and energy to find the places where they can discuss whatís not allowed here vs complaining about it.
            The funniest comment has to be saying Langley was a thoughtful poster. This was the guy who shared a ďpoem his friend wroteĒ as a tribute to Obama after election win in 2008. Then lost his mind and insisted his friend created it when those who know their religion idientifed the poem as being a passage lifted from the bible with Obama subbed in for Jesus.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
              This has been amusing. If only people spent the time and energy to find the places where they can discuss whatís not allowed here vs complaining about it.
              The funniest comment has to be saying Langley was a thoughtful poster. This was the guy who shared a ďpoem his friend wroteĒ as a tribute to Obama after election win in 2008. Then lost his mind and insisted his friend created it when those who know their religion idientifed the poem as being a passage lifted from the bible with Obama subbed in for Jesus.
              Damn I'm sorry I missed that one lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Damn I'm sorry I missed that one lol.
                I sub in jenius for Jesus quite often.

Comment

The training I have taken over the years has always stressed that you discuss the topic at hand not the person. This actually not only helps avoid conflicts but is very useful in viewing any of life's challenges.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJR View Post

The training I have taken over the years has always stressed that you discuss the topic at hand not the person. This actually not only helps avoid conflicts but is very useful in viewing any of life's challenges.
                    Unfortunately it seems the vast majority of people can't seem to do that, especially when the topic is anything related to a politician or political party.
                    Is it May yet?

Comment

• So after 15 pages of whining about no politics and different theories about how politics being re-introduced could work I bet politics isnít returning
                      Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                        So after 15 pages of whining about no politics and different theories about how politics being re-introduced could work I bet politics isnít returning
                        Yup. Iíve been out in the fringes watching this one rather insignificant post get ramped up into a discussion that devolved into a great example of why the political post has no hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
                          So after 15 pages of whining about no politics and different theories about how politics being re-introduced could work I bet politics isnít returning
                          Funniest part is Tickdog still being blamed for things when he's not even around anymore lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by R.J View Post
                            Funniest part is Tickdog still being blamed for things when he's not even around anymore lol.
                            Yea that is funny.

I canít wait to see the next plea for political discussions and the tactics used.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeywalters View Post

Yup. Iíve been out in the fringes watching this one rather insignificant post get ramped up into a discussion that devolved into a great example of why the political post has no hope.
                              One might conclude by the way the lack of self awareness and no accountability crowd are lathered up everything was Tickdogís fault.

Comment

• What are you even talking about?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X