Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts (3 maximum)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post

Imo, 5-7% would be a reasonable expected rate of return for a balanced fund over a long term time horizon. If the risk taken on is greater, or less than, my expected rate of return, over the same time period, would go up and down respectively.
    I just got my statement and I lost 6 percent in the last three months. Not cool.

Comment

Lindsay Vonn retired today. Let's all take a moment to google search her nude photos. I know I'm not the only one.....

Comment

Originally posted by nernzi19 View Post
        Lindsay Vonn retired today. Let's all take a moment to google search her nude photos. I know I'm not the only one.....
        She is cute no doubt, but not someone I want to see nude. Maybe just because I know that Tiger probably urinated on her.

Comment

When you exit a construction zone, why is there that the sign says "fines double when speeding in a construction zone". Wouldn't it be more useful to have that warning as you enter the zone. I've never had one, but something that I wonder anytime I see those.

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
            When you exit a construction zone, why is there that the sign says "fines double when speeding in a construction zone". Wouldn't it be more useful to have that warning as you enter the zone. I've never had one, but something that I wonder anytime I see those.
            Going west into Regina on #1 there is actually one that says "fines triple" on the way in. For awhile there it was more difficult to figure out what the speed limit was than it was to drive, it changed every 1/2 a kilometer. Thankfully things are pretty much cleaned up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Clambake View Post

I just got my statement and I lost 6 percent in the last three months. Not cool.
              Was the 6% loss on your December statements? If so that's pretty good, the TSX lost 11% from October-December. I wouldn't worry too much about results over a short time frame like 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post

Was the 6% loss on your December statements? If so that's pretty good, the TSX lost 11% from October-December. I wouldn't worry too much about results over a short time frame like 3 months.
                Agreed, especially with a time horizon of 20+ years.

Also, the 6% unit value loss in the 3 months could be viewed as 6% sale for the additional contributions being made. Who doesn’t like a sale?

Comment

Random thoughts for me today, though not random. I miss Joe Schlesinger. I always admired him as a journalist and loved his reporting style. RIP Joe!

Comment

Okay, it is -30C. Cold, to be sure. But I just saw 2-3 cars driving 30 KM/hr on a street where the posted speed limit is 60! And one of them cut me off to do it! Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                      Okay, it is -30C. Cold, to be sure. But I just saw 2-3 cars driving 30 KM/hr on a street where the posted speed limit is 60! And one of them cut me off to do it! Why?
                      You should have left home 30 seconds sooner.

Comment

Probably a combo of icy streets, perhaps poor visibility, and just the fact that cars don't work or feel the way they should in these temperatures, so people take it easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

Probably a combo of icy streets, perhaps poor visibility, and just the fact that cars don't work or feel the way they should in these temperatures, so people take it easy.
                          And they were so excited to show Darius that they cut right in from of him so he could get a front row view on how to take it easy it seems.

Very considerate .

Comment

My wife, "look at that! It's a sixty zone and he's doing fourty. GET OFF THE ROAD!".

Comment

• Originally posted by regina View Post

And they were so excited to show Darius that they cut right in from of him so he could get a front row view on how to take it easy it seems.

Very considerate .
                              Can't stand those people who are in such a rush that they roll through a red light to cut me off and then instantly drop down to a snails pace. Happens in summer and winter.

Comment

• Why do people lock up bikes, and never come back for them?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X