Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peters Drive Inn is coming to Edmonton

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they the monster burgers that seem to be so popular these days? Call me old fashioned but Iím ok with just a well made regular-sized burger, donít want to eat anything bigger than my head.

Comment

Been there 3 times in my 30 years of living in Calgary and area and have not found Peters that appealing. I'd take A&W's teen burger any day over them. Can't forget a frozen mug of their root beer either!

Comment

this thread made me take the family to fudds tonight, thanks unity...plain 1/2 pounder with drink for me...was pleasantly surprised to see they have mellow yellow...

Comment

Originally posted by hihocarp View Post
          Been there 3 times in my 30 years of living in Calgary and area and have not found Peters that appealing. I'd take A&W's teen burger any day over them. Can't forget a frozen mug of their root beer either!
          Gotta be in a frozen mug. Those paper cups just aren't the same.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Anger View Post
            this thread made me take the family to fudds tonight, thanks unity...plain 1/2 pounder with drink for me...was pleasantly surprised to see they have mellow yellow...
            I did the same , except it was A@W haha

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

Gotta be in a frozen mug. Those paper cups just aren't the same.
              Absolutely 100% agreed.

Speaking of which, I stopped at A&W a few weeks ago and they gave me a stupid paper straw,..it was like drinking my root beer through a wrapping paper tube. No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Green in Queen City View Post

Absolutely 100% agreed.

Speaking of which, I stopped at A&W a few weeks ago and they gave me a stupid paper straw,..it was like drinking my root beer through a wrapping paper tube. No thanks.
                I never really thought about it much until you mentioned, but when I drink from a mug I never use a straw. It is the only exception.

Comment

Absolutely 100% agreed.

Yeah, I dunno why we need straws at all to be honest. I've just taken to drinking out of the cup. Unless I'm driving, the lid/straw is completely unnecessary .

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

Yeah, I dunno why we need straws at all to be honest. I've just taken to drinking out of the cup. Unless I'm driving, the lid/straw is completely unnecessary .
                    Unless I am wearing a hat with 3 cans of beer attatched to it , I need a straw haha

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

I'm usually the same way as well, GF got me started on not using straws because it makes me feel bloated when I use them.v,...but I was driving so I needed the straw this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

I never really thought about it much until you mentioned, but when I drink from a mug I never use a straw. It is the only exception.
                        Totally agreed on the mug without the straw,...but I was driving,....if I eat in though,...nothing but the frosted mug.

Comment

Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post
                          SWEET! I love their burgers , and beware of their large fries

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/edmont...1_4288983.html
                          Make sure to buy a pair of extra big pants!

Comment

Absolutely 100% agreed.

I tried those new A&W paper straws too and they are horrible. Before plastic straws became the norm straws were wax coated paper, why did they not just go back to them?

Comment

Sadly it is not very hard to make delicious food if it is incredibly unhealthy. I really wonder how many calories are in a full peters meal.

Comment

Originally posted by jenius View Post

I tried those new A&W paper straws too and they are horrible. Before plastic straws became the norm straws were wax coated paper, why did they not just go back to them?
                                My guess is because they'd be non-recyclable. This recent fad of faux concern over straws is annoying. Straws have never been that big a deal, and the catalyst that made this a celebrity cause a few years ago was based on a faked demonstration of how straws accumulate and clump in the streets and oceans. I'm all for inventing a better straw, because why not? But the harm is that it creates panacea where someone thinks because they used a green straw they actually did something. No, you didn't. Try making an actual sacrifice. Get rid of your gas guzzler, quadruple your insulation, live without A/C, make a conscious choice to install solar panels. A straw is literally the least that can be done.

It's rich that A&W self-congratulates on straws while their menu relies on the most wasteful product possible: beef. It would be like the yellow pages book publisher having a campaign to reduce gum wrapper use.

A&W's marketing in recent years seems to often be misrepresentative, almost deliberately. They deceptively imply their meat and poultry is somehow special when it's actuall identical to all the lowest standards everyone else uses. Their green straws still get poked through plastic lids. They still overpackaged everything. They sell jerkied dog treat strips as "bacon".

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X