Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid parking violations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

I would never give you the gears or anyone else for that matter.

Does your Walmart have the motorized chairs. Mine on rochdale does. If you go early enough, you can usually get one. One of many troubles with Walmart is that there is way too much walking involved. The stores are just too big.

That`s why I prefer No Frills in Rosemont. Small footprint and much closer.
    Mine didn't, some do some don't. Crappy thing is if you take one you can't hardly buy anything because there is nowhere to put it. I walked into one down east looking for a belt. I go through the wrong doors (the grocery ones) and look. Holy **** Michael Bishop can't throw a football that far! I'm not a Walmart fan in general but in my last town there simply isn't anywhere else to buy certain things.

I'm in small town sask at the moment, town has about 1200 people. It's frustrating and rewarding at the same time. If you decide to make something for supper and look up a recipe it's a bit of a crap shoot whether or not the store is going to have all the ingredients. About 80% of the time though a nice young girl is going to greet me by name, ring my groceries up, actually put them in a bag, know my Co-op number, and then offer to carry them out to the car for me. That doesn't happen at no frills.

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

Never said there wasn't simple dishonesty, simply stating that there should be more blunt awareness to holders. I've known a couple people who had them and didn't realize the consequence of someone else using them. Once they were aware, they actually took them out of their vehicle when someone else was using their vehicle to remove the temptation and protect themselves. I like to think that most people who have the placards legitimately need them, and that if they were more aware of the risk of losing them then the opportunity for dishonest use would be greatly reduced. As the owner of the placard, it is on you to make it accessible to others or not.
      My apologies, I presented the question as a either/ or when in reality both factors exist. The awareness factor was one I hadn’t considered. Cheers.

Comment

Years ago i worked security for the down town office buildings. I had boiler papers so had to read the boilers. So Im working christmas eve and about 2am christmas morning i park in front of the Lloyds tower(not sure what its called now) RPS is cruising downtown and I wave and say Merry Christmas and they the same back. I go in and walk the floors doing my checks. I come back out, company truck. And there was a ticket for parking across a crosswalk! 2 am Christmas morning! Could have fired a cannon down the street and I get a parking ticket!

Comment

Originally posted by #1Fan View Post
          On the topic of parking violations, I've heard a few stories now where Regina city bylaw enforcers (?) are knocking on doors of people without approved driveways (concrete, asphalt, brick, paving stone). Regina amended a bylaw in January to target those parking on their front lawns. The amended bylaw is fairly specific in what a legal parking pad is. Funny enough (to me?), I've heard of 2 situations now where homeowners have been approached.

1 had a packed crusher dust & gravel driveway for decades and was approached by the city and advised the driveway is no longer legal per the amended bylaw. The homeowner risks being fined if they continue to use the driveway as a parking space. The owners options were "park down the street", or have your driveway properly paved, lay paving stones, etc. This isn't the case of an unauthorized driveway, rather, the previous homeowner took out a crumbling driveway and replaced it with crusher dust and packed gravel. The gravel is raked/topped up every year and looks better than some of the other crumbling driveways on their street. I understand the logic of bylaw enforcers threatening a fine (homeowner is being painted with same brush because they no longer meet the amended bylaw) but I got a bit of a chuckle out of it...

I put slag down between my neighbor's driveway and mine. It's about 8' wide, so not wide enough for anyone to legally park on the street. Hoping they don't knock on my door...

Comment

Originally posted by green_machine_#1 View Post

I put slag down between my neighbor's driveway and mine. It's about 8' wide, so not wide enough for anyone to legally park on the street. Hoping they don't knock on my door...
            I bet they will. Sounded like the bylaw enforcers are only doing house calls if they receive complaints or tip offs. Then in the summer there will be a task force walking (lol... doubtful) the city and giving notices of parking violations (per the amended bylaw).

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

But that is who they are for, especially those with multiple munchkins.
              I have three kids under 5 and these spots are so helpful, especially in the winter. Hauling three kids, including an infant, and a cart full of groceries to the back of the parking lot in -20 degree weather while watching some teenage kid pull out of the family parking spot is enraging. I actually was yelled at by a lady one time in a Walmart parking lot at 7am for parking in a family spot. Then I hauled my 9 month pregnant behind out of my car and her face turned beat red.

Comment

Originally posted by d-slice View Post

I have three kids under 5 and these spots are so helpful, especially in the winter. Hauling three kids, including an infant, and a cart full of groceries to the back of the parking lot in -20 degree weather while watching some teenage kid pull out of the family parking spot is enraging. I actually was yelled at by a lady one time in a Walmart parking lot at 7am for parking in a family spot. Then I hauled my 9 month pregnant behind out of my car and her face turned beat red.
                WHo are these people who take it upon themselves to police the parking lot, and how empty must their lives be?

Comment

Originally posted by iiebg View Post
                  Years ago i worked security for the down town office buildings. I had boiler papers so had to read the boilers. So Im working christmas eve and about 2am christmas morning i park in front of the Lloyds tower(not sure what its called now) RPS is cruising downtown and I wave and say Merry Christmas and they the same back. I go in and walk the floors doing my checks. I come back out, company truck. And there was a ticket for parking across a crosswalk! 2 am Christmas morning! Could have fired a cannon down the street and I get a parking ticket!
                  That is pretty chintzy and it was a cop who issued it because parking enforcement is not on duty then. But that bylaw is 24 hours and unfortunately you were in the wrong.

I make it a rule not to park anywhere that a violation may ensue, regardless of time of day.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

WHo are these people who take it upon themselves to police the parking lot, and how empty must their lives be?
                    I have a funny story and I'll try to find a picture. I'm in Ontario and some dumb *** parks next to us. but she was to the right of the last stall in a strip mall. Some kids up to no good but not hurting anyone spray painted on the pavement an extra stall for her with some choice but not swear words in it and it was just plain funny. So me and the guy parked on the other side of us are taking pictures and the lady comes out who owned the car and is mad, she brings the strip mall security guard with her. I just got back in the car but the other guy who looked like an MMA fighter taking pictures ties into the security guard who was maybe 120lbs and not real swift "you can't take pictures here it's private property". Dude absolutely looses it on him not physically just a tounge lashing. So after the melee which I couldn't stop laughing through was over the guy comes up to me and we chat, he says "you are from Saskatchewan" I'm like yep (he saw the plate on the car). He says I'm from Swift Current, moved here 8 years ago, don't be afraid to stand up to people out here.

Comment

When I delivered for UPS in Regina years ago, the company paid our parking tickets as long as it wasn't one for parking in a handicapped spot. I used to try and get as many as possible just to pi$$ of the supervisor because he had to go down to City Hall, pay them out of his own pocket, then expense it back to the company which was a huge headache for him. Needless to say the guy wasn't liked by many

Comment

The wife and I stop at the Shoppers to pick up my pills. I was gonna go in using my hc placard but there's a car covering both hc stalls. I park a ways away telling the wife she's gonna have to go in. On the way in she stops at the car covering both stalls and asks the driver where his placard is. He says he doesn't have one and his Mom told him to park there while she ran into the store!

Comment

Originally posted by hihocarp View Post
                          The wife and I stop at the Shoppers to pick up my pills. I was gonna go in using my hc placard but there's a car covering both hc stalls. I park a ways away telling the wife she's gonna have to go in. On the way in she stops at the car covering both stalls and asks the driver where his placard is. He says he doesn't have one and his Mom told him to park there while she ran into the store!
                          The king doesn't get mad very often, but that would make my blood boil.

Comment

The wife has to open the door to full extension to be able to get in since her accident. It is just the way she needs to get herself into a sitting position in the vehicle. Lots of times we come out of a store and she can't get in because some knob has parked half into the handicapped spot. She actually ripped into a woman who parked in the driving lane at the Coop and parked so close the wife couldn't get. The woman came trucking out with a loaf of bread and never even said she was sorry and the old girl lit her up like a Christmas tree. All I could think was better you than me, b***h! Luckily we were going for lunch and talking cuts into her shoveling efficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

The king doesn't get mad very often, but that would make my blood boil.
                              Although what if “mom” was a frail little old lady?

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

Although what if “mom” was a frail little old lady?
                                It's funny how some just spoke of not making snap judgments because you can't always tell, but then they make snap judgements without knowing the full situation. Mom could have forgotten her placard because son came and picked her up.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X