Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid parking violations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post

Iíll admit to using those spots at a nearby mall when our kiddos were very young. There were/ are no passes, and I doubt itís strictly enforced.
    Yeah thereís always been a spot or two which is fine. In the lot by chapters thereís probably 20 or more spots now for children and parents.

Comment

Iíll admit to using those spots at a nearby mall when our kiddos were very young. There were/ are no passes, and I doubt itís strictly enforced.
      But that is who they are for, especially those with multiple munchkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

But that is who they are for, especially those with multiple munchkins.
        The spots certainly helped the whole operation go a little easier.

Comment

The spots certainly helped the whole operation go a little easier.
          You can open your doors a little wider to be able to accommodate getting the child seats in and out without bashing the hell out of your interior and door.

Comment

Originally posted by bzborow1 View Post
            My wife gets so many parking tickets it's unreal. I don't even know if she ever plugs the damn meter. My most recent one came because I was unaware the city secretly changed their 1 hour free on Saturdays to zero free time. I wish they'd let me unleash the written beast in a comments box when I pay the tickets online. At least it would be a form of therapy as I ask them why the 5 grand in property taxes isn't enough.
            Story since I have one. I'm off because I was working shift work and the wife comes home with a speeding ticket for lunch on like a Tuesday. I said you live you learn no biggie. She came home again after work and had another one at the same intersection. I told her I loved her and wasn't mad at all but I had to laugh.

Comment

You can open your doors a little wider to be able to accommodate getting the child seats in and out without bashing the hell out of your interior and door.
              Very true. We had a double stroller, while amazing, added a great deal to the packing and unpacking. The extra space was helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by mrguy View Post
                I know it is hard to sometimes see a disability on people but it really pisses me off when I see people that I am almost confident are misusing handicap parking spots. Just because you are using grandmas car that has a handicap placard, doesn't mean you are allowed to use it to park in a prime spot to go shopping if grandma is not with you but at home. Anyway that's my rant of the day...
                This sentiment actually rather pisses me off. Sure, it is abused, but my mother in law has MS. She has handicap parking. You would never know she needed it you saw her park and walk out, but what you don't realize is that if she is having stress or any amount of relapse that little things like not having that parking and having to park further puts her in high risk of being bed ridden for days.

They have a placard. Beyond that it is nobody's business. Sorry they don't look handicap enough for some.
                #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Story since I have one. I'm off because I was working shift work and the wife comes home with a speeding ticket for lunch on like a Tuesday. I said you live you learn no biggie. She came home again after work and had another one at the same intersection. I told her I loved her and wasn't mad at all but I had to laugh.
                  When the wife does stuff like that I just say "you're pretty." It rather pisses her off.
                  #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

This sentiment actually rather pisses me off. Sure, it is abused, but my mother in law has MS. She has handicap parking. You would never know she needed it you saw her park and walk out, but what you don't realize is that if she is having stress or any amount of relapse that little things like not having that parking and having to park further puts her in high risk of being bed ridden for days.

They have a placard. Beyond that it is nobody's business. Sorry they don't look handicap enough for some.
                    Some people can't seem to get the idea that a person doesn't need to be wheelchair bound to need one of those parking placards. I purposely walk as much as I can when I can because some days it is a major battle to haul my *** out of bed.

Comment

Some people can't seem to get the idea that a person doesn't need to be wheelchair bound to need one of those parking placards. I purposely walk as much as I can when I can because some days it is a major battle to haul my *** out of bed.
                      Yep I was young and dumb once too. I will admit to being naive like that.

Comment

Originally posted by bzborow1 View Post
                        My wife gets so many parking tickets it's unreal. I don't even know if she ever plugs the damn meter. My most recent one came because I was unaware the city secretly changed their 1 hour free on Saturdays to zero free time. I wish they'd let me unleash the written beast in a comments box when I pay the tickets online. At least it would be a form of therapy as I ask them why the 5 grand in property taxes isn't enough.
                        You must be in Saskatoon. Metered parking in Regina is free on Saturdays, but the two hour limit is enforced; otherwise people would be there all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Yep I was young and dumb once too. I will admit to being naive like that.
                          Me too. I don't care now as long as they have a valid placard. And for people that have them, if you do not display it properly from the mirror you can still be ticketed. Don't place it on your dash. I don't think most bother to read the little paper that they get with the placard. And for crissakes take it down when you are driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

You must be in Saskatoon. Metered parking in Regina is free on Saturdays, but the two hour limit is enforced; otherwise people would be there all day.
                            If I remember correctly, I believe the poster lives on Vancouver Island somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

Whoosh.

So you agree it is wrong for people to abuse the handicap parking? It would cause your mother in law stress if she can't park there because somebody else is using it that shouldn't. It happens daily and that's a fact. Often there are multiple spaces available, sometimes not. I'm not in charge of writing tickets nor do I confront people as that's not my job. I have said all along that sometimes you can't tell just by looking.

However, The police wouldn't have to seize placards if everyone was using them legally.

Toronto police alone seized 1300 in 2016.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...onto-1.4375813

It is a real problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mrguy View Post

Whoosh.

So you agree it is wrong for people to abuse the handicap parking? It would cause your mother in law stress if she can't park there because somebody else is using it that shouldn't. It happens daily and that's a fact. Often there are multiple spaces available, sometimes not. I'm not in charge of writing tickets nor do I confront people as that's not my job. I have said all along that sometimes you can't tell just by looking.

However, The police wouldn't have to seize placards if everyone was using them legally.

Toronto police alone seized 1300 in 2016.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...onto-1.4375813

It is a real problem.
                                I have seen videos on youtube of people that abuse the placards in Canada, the US and UK. It actually astonished me to think that it was as rampant as it is. There are all kinds of little tricks people use, hang it backwards on the mirror so that the date is facing the wrong way or to put the placard face down on the dash.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X