Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid parking violations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Yea what is the criteria for getting one?
    BSD...you are leaving an easy one there to be hit out of the park so many ways.....I'll pass this time though.

Comment

Originally posted by dokterew View Post
      It's the world getting more disabled. Im finding more an more going into packed parking lots with a dozen empty handicapped spots. Do the disabled shop at different times than I? Not meaning any insensitivity, just curious what the standard is or where it comes from for how many spots are designated..
      Boomers are aging

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post

Yea what is the criteria for getting one?
        Big and Sexy doesn't qualify. Seriously you go to SGI and get a form and have a doctor sign it. As far as too many spots it's really hit or miss. I never take the last one, there might be someone worse off than me that needs it more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

I have a placard and I use it. You can't judge a book by the cover. I look like a perfectly healthy middle age guy. I used to feel the same way you do. Before you judge walk a mile in their shoes.
          Never seen handi parking stalls that far away from the door of a store.

Comment

I know someone who did parking enforcement. Lousiest job you ever want. He was spat on, cursed, and peed on, all while enforcing City of regina regs.

if you want to pick on someone, pick on city hall. these parking people are there freeing up parking spots in freaking miserable weather for pretty lousy pay. i don`t feel that sorry for other city workers making twice the salary.

Park sensibly, pay the meter, don`t overstay the two hours, and you will be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post

Never seen handi parking stalls that far away from the door of a store.
              Lol walked into that one.

Comment

I have a placard and I use it. You can't judge a book by the cover. I look like a perfectly healthy middle age guy. I used to feel the same way you do. Before you judge walk a mile in their shoes.
                Before she died in 2002, my mother had a handi placard. She was in a wheelchair, bad body but loud mouth, is what i recall.

She died in nov 2002 and I returned the placard in the next month. I did not need it and would have felt like a POS to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

Before she died in 2002, my mother had a handi placard. She was in a wheelchair, bad body but loud mouth, is what i recall.

She died in nov 2002 and I returned the placard in the next month. I did not need it and would have felt like a POS to use it.
                  I've had one for about 8 years. You have seen me, I don't look like I should need it. I used to scoff at people that looked healthy parking in a handicap spot, not anymore. You can't tell by looking at someone that they might have bad lungs, a bad heart, or something like a screwed up hip or knee. Like I said if I go to say a grocery store and there is only one handicap spot open I don't take it. I can suck it up and take a break inside the store if I have too.

Comment

I've had one for about 8 years. You have seen me, I don't look like I should need it. I used to scoff at people that looked healthy parking in a handicap spot, not anymore. You can't tell by looking at someone that they might have bad lungs, a bad heart, or something like a screwed up hip or knee. Like I said if I go to say a grocery store and there is only one handicap spot open I don't take it. I can suck it up and take a break inside the store if I have too.
                    Far be it from me to say tht you are the problem with abuse of these placards. Actually, you do look able bodied, but appearances can be deceiving so I never slag anyone who appears not to need one. What do we know.

God knows, the able bodied should thank God for being able to park and walk farther. I have absolutely no problem with that.

Comment

There are a lot of spots in every lot I'm in, I doubt there's many, if any, legit drivers with placards that can't find a handicapped spot available.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post
                        There are a lot of spots in every lot I'm in, I doubt there's many, if any, legit drivers with placards that can't find a handicapped spot available.
                        It happens on occasion. Like I said if there is only one left I'm not taking it. The biggest place I have trouble with is the General Hospital, there is never an open spot there. I don't even try anymore. I park at a strip mall and take a cab there. Who would think there might be a disproportionate amount of handicapped people at a hospital?

Comment

My grandparents used to go to Rider games 4-5 hours early to get the best handicapped parking spot lol.

Comment

My wife gets so many parking tickets it's unreal. I don't even know if she ever plugs the damn meter. My most recent one came because I was unaware the city secretly changed their 1 hour free on Saturdays to zero free time. I wish they'd let me unleash the written beast in a comments box when I pay the tickets online. At least it would be a form of therapy as I ask them why the 5 grand in property taxes isn't enough.

Comment

Speaking of crazy parking rules...

At the south Chapters/Starbucks, they recently put signs on two entire rows of parking spots that they are for parents with kids only. First... why? Secondly, how the heck is that policed or enforced? Can you get a special pass if you have a kid? How old of a kid?

Anyway, its made that lot into even more of a gongshow than it already was at busy times.
                              At the grocery store in the middle of winter with a kid under 2 those spots are a godsend. Mine's 3 now and I don't use them. I want to yell at the people I see park there and let their 10 and 9 year old hop out.

Comment

Speaking of crazy parking rules...

At the south Chapters/Starbucks, they recently put signs on two entire rows of parking spots that they are for parents with kids only. First... why? Secondly, how the heck is that policed or enforced? Can you get a special pass if you have a kid? How old of a kid?

Anyway, its made that lot into even more of a gongshow than it already was at busy times.
                                Iíll admit to using those spots at a nearby mall when our kiddos were very young. There were/ are no passes, and I doubt itís strictly enforced.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X