Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian Brewhouse 40 oz. Steak Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

went and had the 40 oz last year... mine was too charred for me and I got it medium, they claimed it was from the new rub they tried.. I had no issues finishing the meal. I did have heart burn from the char/rub, so I'm going to check and see if they are going to make a change..

Nothing better then a Good chunk of meat with beer and friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Story, went to like a Dennys or something with a friend and my dad when we were about 10. So my friend and me are eating burgers and my dad had ordered a steak sandwich. My dad wouldn't say poop if his mouth was full of it but I could tell he was getting mad trying to eat this steak. So the waitress comes up and says "how is everything?" Dad says "I couldn't cut this f**** steak with an axe" I spit a mouthful of food out.
      I love your dad and feel sorry for the waitress - as if she had cooked the steak herself! Did they offer any compensation?

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy View Post
        Certainly cheaper than buying a roast, which is what that is.
        We eat at Brewhouse in Harbour Landing regularly and enjoy it.
        OMG. I can`t imagine what a 40 ounce steak looks like. Must be obscene. What is the most graceful way of asking for a doggie (not that the dog will ever get it).

Or do you just whisk it into the tupperware you providentially brought.

I automatically take a tupperware when I eat out because i can seldom finish it all. I am a good tipper, but they don`t know that, so I have an unsubstantiated fear that someone in the kitchen will spit in my food. One look and they think old broad demands a lot and doesn`t tip. Lousy service.

Fact is that i demand nothing and tip pretty well, but they don`t know that at the time. so the tupperware is my shield.
        Last edited by Sprout; 02-10-2019, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Story, went to like a Dennys or something with a friend and my dad when we were about 10. So my friend and me are eating burgers and my dad had ordered a steak sandwich. My dad wouldn't say poop if his mouth was full of it but I could tell he was getting mad trying to eat this steak. So the waitress comes up and says "how is everything?" Dad says "I couldn't cut this f**** steak with an axe" I spit a mouthful of food out.
          In my experience many restaurants bring takeaway containers to the table if you ask to get the leftovers to go. Regardless I don't think anyone should feel bad, or any restaurant would be offended, if you ask for the leftovers to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post

In my experience many restaurants bring takeaway containers to the table if you ask to get the leftovers to go. Regardless I don't think anyone should feel bad, or any restaurant would be offended, if you ask for the leftovers to go.
            They might get offended though if you happen to bring your own cheese slice,...

Comment

Originally posted by Green in Queen City View Post

I don't know if SuzieQ would have seen that example of Sproutism.

Comment

Or cut the cheese,?

Comment

Originally posted by The_G View Post

Or cut the cheese,?
                  Who cut the cheese ????

Comment

I've never heard of a standard restaurant not offering a leftover takeout container. No one needs freakin' tupperware. Does Sprout do that at buffets? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post
                      I've never heard of a standard restaurant not offering a leftover takeout container. No one needs freakin' tupperware. Does Sprout do that at buffets? Just curious.
                      just a big purse with tupperware containers....humboldt kfc buffet some used to rinse the drink cups and stuff em with chicken, lid it and stuff the straw in

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post
                        Well, I would never do that at a buffet.

The last time I ate out, they took forever bringing the container, so it was faster to bring my own, pay and leave. Besides, I knew what was going into it.

Comment

Oh my. This will probably live forever in riderfans lore. Just to repeat, I didn't actually do that, although i thought about it, lol.

Totally tacky in a restaurant, though. Usually older women get indifferent service because the perception is that we are cheap. I tip 20% and don't ask for anything over and beyond the menu. If you can't afford the tip, you can't afford to go out.

So if I discreetly bring my own tupperware, which seals better, who's hurt. I am saving the server some steps to and from the kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

Oh my. This will probably live forever in riderfans lore. Just to repeat, I didn't actually do that, although i thought about it, lol.

Totally tacky in a restaurant, though. Usually older women get indifferent service because the perception is that we are cheap. I tip 20% and don't ask for anything over and beyond the menu. If you can't afford the tip, you can't afford to go out.

So if I discreetly bring my own tupperware, which seals better, who's hurt. I am saving the server some steps to and from the kitchen.
                            and the environment

Comment

So you're saying that you actually have Tupperware lids

Even more folklore

Comment

Please do tell about those wild and crazy tupperware parties...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X