Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canadian Brewhouse 40 oz. Steak Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Brewhouse 40 oz. Steak Night

Has anyone been to this? Do they cook it sous vide?

https://thecanadianbrewhouse.com/201...0ozsteaknight/
    Is it May yet?

That's a serious chunk of meat. Wish Earl's would use Sous Vide. Had a steak there a couple of weeks ago and my jaw is still sore from chewing.

Comment

Sounds fun until you realize you have to be at a Canadian Brew House

Comment

Iím not a big eater - 10 oz is more than enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by steve04 View Post
          Iím not a big eater - 10 oz is more than enough for me
          8 oz seems to be my limit now. I used to demolish 16 ozers and then clean off the bones from everyone else's steak. This was at home, not in a restaurant! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by juice View Post
            Has anyone been to this? Do they cook it sous vide?

https://thecanadianbrewhouse.com/201...0ozsteaknight/
            We did it last year. It's a ridiculous piece of meat but a fun time with the boys and it's usually a good atmosphere at the Brewhouse.

Edit: Actually that wad two years ago, last year we did the lobster night lol
            Last edited by Giventofly; 02-07-2019, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

We did it last year. It's a ridiculous piece of meat but a fun time with the boys and it's usually a good atmosphere at the Brewhouse.
              Were you able to eat the whole thing? Even in my prime eatin' years, I'm not sure I could come close.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlandriderfan View Post

Were you able to eat the whole thing? Even in my prime eatin' years, I'm not sure I could come close.
                Hell no lol. Made a good dent but needless to say most of us had a nice lunch the next day. Get the Saturday date and then you have hockey to watch and make a night of it. Good times

Comment

it is a good deal less than a buck an oz...get paid more than that at a sperm bank, or so i've been told

Comment

The ol' 96er... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post
                      The ol' 96er... LOL

Gotta eat the gristle lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

8 oz seems to be my limit now. I used to demolish 16 ozers and then clean off the bones from everyone else's steak. This was at home, not in a restaurant! LOL
                        No kidding. Seems like the last year or so I am down to old folks home sized portions. Good thing for sweats and pajama pants. Odd thing is I having lost a pound and the grocery bill is the same every week.

Comment

I went last year and it was great. Great value for money. The caesar salad was pathetic but when you're getting a steak that size for that price that's obviously is where all the money is going. I'd recommend it.

Comment

Certainly cheaper than buying a roast, which is what that is.
                            We eat at Brewhouse in Harbour Landing regularly and enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus View Post
                              That's a serious chunk of meat. Wish Earl's would use Sous Vide. Had a steak there a couple of weeks ago and my jaw is still sore from chewing.
                              Story, went to like a Dennys or something with a friend and my dad when we were about 10. So my friend and me are eating burgers and my dad had ordered a steak sandwich. My dad wouldn't say poop if his mouth was full of it but I could tell he was getting mad trying to eat this steak. So the waitress comes up and says "how is everything?" Dad says "I couldn't cut this f**** steak with an axe" I spit a mouthful of food out.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X