Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What creeps you out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

C'mon you guys, those are small gauge needles. The ones in dialysis are like framing spikes in comparison... LOL

Even after 7 years, I still hate needles. I have no idea how some people are able to canulate themselves. It would freak me out.
    I thought they both used 16 gauge??

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

I thought they both used 16 gauge??
      If your fistula is mature, dialysis uses 15 gauge. The lower the gauge, the higher the flow rate. And we have emla cream, which is a numbing agent for our puncture points.

Comment

Mice, rats, birds and bats don't bug me, poisonous things do (snakes, spiders). Here's something for those of you who hate spiders... Daddy longlegs are the most poisonous spider in the world, it just has no means of being able to inject it when it bites.
        Deer mice carry hantavirus. You only get that once. Mice are one of the top things on my hit list....along with rats and coons which are another serious disease carrier

Comment

Originally posted by mrguy View Post
          In that way I dont mind the -50 weather lol..
          Very true. The bug in your rear keeps it warm in -50 weather. oops, i mean "in your ear".
          Nothing like a whole off season to choke on cram sammiches!

Comment

C'mon you guys, those are small gauge needles. The ones in dialysis are like framing spikes in comparison... LOL

Even after 7 years, I still hate needles. I have no idea how some people are able to canulate themselves. It would freak me out.
            I feel for you man! I'm squirming right now just thinking about it.

Comment

If your fistula is mature, dialysis uses 15 gauge. The lower the gauge, the higher the flow rate. And we have emla cream, which is a numbing agent for our puncture points.
              Thanks for the info.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X