Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What creeps you out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RFIOttawa View Post

I guess living in Asia is out for you 2
    Spent a month in China and Vietnam, and never saw one. I know they're their, but they're also in new York.

Comment

Threads about what creeps ppl out.

Comment

Originally posted by drysaddle View Post
        stuff like this creeps me out

That was special. Never seen anything like that. I've heard of ladies getting wood ticks in their nether region but how would you like a few of those down there?

Comment

Those larvae are basically the human type of warbles that cattle, horses and other animals can get. Had a 4H steer once that had few in his back - weirdest thing watching dad pop those out.

Comment

Originally posted by R4301 View Post
            Those larvae are basically the human type of warbles that cattle, horses and other animals can get. Had a 4H steer once that had few in his back - weirdest thing watching dad pop those out.
            do they start with a fly bite and some microscopic egg gets planted? WTF? Can't stop thinking about Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan.

Comment

Needles. I just dread going for bloodwork and It's mostly because the nurse has a hell of a time finding a decent vein and when she/he does it will usually roll on them. Had a blood clot when I was in the hospital so I had to have shots in the stomach to combat the clot and blood tests every so often to make sure I was getting the proper dose of Warfarin.

Comment

Pepsi.

Comment

Human botfly are found in Mexico, Central and South America. Eggs are carried by mosquitoes and enter where the mosquito bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post
                    Mice, rats, birds and bats don't bug me, poisonous things do (snakes, spiders). Here's something for those of you who hate spiders... Daddy longlegs are the most poisonous spider in the world, it just has no means of being able to inject it when it bites.
                    Pretty sure that was debunked on mythbusters.

https://www.livescience.com/33625-da...poisonous.html

Comment

Originally posted by R4301 View Post
                      Human botfly are found in Mexico, Central and South America. Eggs are carried by mosquitoes and enter where the mosquito bit.
                      What would have happened if that maggot was not removed?

Edit: Wow I just Googled it and it aint pretty.
                      Last edited by jenius; 02-08-2019, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hihocarp View Post
                        Needles. I just dread going for bloodwork and It's mostly because the nurse has a hell of a time finding a decent vein and when she/he does it will usually roll on them. Had a blood clot when I was in the hospital so I had to have shots in the stomach to combat the clot and blood tests every so often to make sure I was getting the proper dose of Warfarin.
                        Needles don't bother me a bit, nor does an IV, just don't watch when they put them in. So I wasn't freaked at all when I was told I needed a needle for a Arterial blood gas test. Son of a $$$$$ did that hurt. It should have dawned on me that the name Arterial meant they were going to stick the needle in an artery and not just a vein.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Needles don't bother me a bit, nor does an IV, just don't watch when they put them in. So I wasn't freaked at all when I was told I needed a needle for a Arterial blood gas test. Son of a $$$$$ did that hurt. It should have dawned on me that the name Arterial meant they were going to stick the needle in an artery and not just a vein.
                          I do platelet donation and that needle just plain hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

I do platelet donation and that needle just plain hurts.
                            Yep it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

C'mon you guys, those are small gauge needles. The ones in dialysis are like framing spikes in comparison... LOL

Even after 7 years, I still hate needles. I have no idea how some people are able to canulate themselves. It would freak me out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

C'mon you guys, those are small gauge needles. The ones in dialysis are like framing spikes in comparison... LOL

Even after 7 years, I still hate needles. I have no idea how some people are able to canulate themselves. It would freak me out.
                                I don't want to compare it to Dialysis because I'm fortunate enough to never have gone through that. I will say that if you ever have had a blood gas you don't want another one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X