Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Traeger grill...looking for tips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocket 88 View Post
    I've had a Traegar for close to 15 years. Some sound advice in the thread so far. Keep pellets on hand and make sure to keep them bone dry in a sealed container. I've had snow blow in and they turn to mush. Don't use pellets if they turn to sawdust. Check that the hopper is full before you start. Occasionally vacuum out the soot for optimal performance.

The only beef mine sees is brisket. It is great for salmon, ribs and chicken. I intend to use it to smoke some bacon soon and could use some tips for that if anyone has some experience.
    Making your own bacon, or cooking some store-bought bacon?
    Is it May yet?

Comment

Originally posted by juice View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	raf,750x1000,075,t,e5d6c5:f62bbf65ee.u2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	401029

Comment

I've had a Traegar for close to 15 years. Some sound advice in the thread so far. Keep pellets on hand and make sure to keep them bone dry in a sealed container. I've had snow blow in and they turn to mush. Don't use pellets if they turn to sawdust. Check that the hopper is full before you start. Occasionally vacuum out the soot for optimal performance.

The only beef mine sees is brisket. It is great for salmon, ribs and chicken. I intend to use it to smoke some bacon soon and could use some tips for that if anyone has some experience.
        I have made back bacon a couple of times but I have not tried side bacon yet.

Comment

Where does everyone buy their Traeger pellets from? Iím still on my initial bag. What should I realistically expect to pay?

Comment

I bought 3-40 pound bags at Costco. I know it was under 100.00

Comment

I follow the Amazing Ribs recipe for Maple Bacon. Follow the recipe and itíll turn out awesome.

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...ked-bacon-home

Comment

I have a Louisiana Grill, not a Traeger, but I just use one of these to cold smoke:

A-MAZE-N Pellet Smoker https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B007ROPJ1M/..._53VwCbCW152RE

Minimum setting on my grill is 180į and that would melt the cheese. This thing produces a lot of smoke with very little heat.

I have a bunch more cheese to smoke as soon as it's not crazy cold out.
                Use the same thing on my WSM and the cheese always turns out. We like it quite smoky so I usually go for a few hours. Smoke a ton of cheese in the spring. Vac seal it and usually have enough for the year.

Comment

MY own I have some frozen pork bellies. Will need help with all of it

Comment

Originally posted by Tbiddy View Post

I follow the Amazing Ribs recipe for Maple Bacon. Follow the recipe and itíll turn out awesome.

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...ked-bacon-home
                    Their Poultry rub (Simon and Garfunkle) and Mrs Oleary cow crust are pretty good so I trust they know what they are doing

Comment

MY own I have some frozen pork bellies. Will need help with all of it
                      Nice. I have a couple of small pieces of pork belly in the freezer that I'm going to play with someday too. I've never done it before either, so I'll be following.
                      Is it May yet?

Comment

Their Poultry rub (Simon and Garfunkle) and Mrs Oleary cow crust are pretty good so I trust they know what they are doing
                        The Memphis Dust is pretty much all I use on pork now. Also the Schmancy Smoked Salmon is a favourite in our house.
                        Is it May yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
                          Where does everyone buy their Traeger pellets from? Iím still on my initial bag. What should I realistically expect to pay?
                          If you are in Regina JBs sausage. Been using their lumberjack pellets since i bought mine and they are great. 2 40lb bags for $55...best deal in town. http://www.jbsausagesupplies.com/ind...ducts&catid=76

Comment

If anyone is looking for unreal rubs, etc check out Meat Church. They are on twitter and have a website. Some of the best rubs I've ever used

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac View Post

If you are in Regina JBs sausage. Been using their lumberjack pellets since i bought mine and they are great. 2 40lb bags for $55...best deal in town. http://www.jbsausagesupplies.com/ind...ducts&catid=76
                              Also great for spices and rubs and things like that. One of my favorite shops.

Comment

Originally posted by berbs View Post
                                If anyone is looking for unreal rubs, etc check out Meat Church. They are on twitter and have a website. Some of the best rubs I've ever used
                                I've heard/read that they are great. Not sure I want to bite the bullet and spend $55 to order them online yet, though. Are they really that good?
                                Is it May yet?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X