Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superbowl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sofaking
    started a topic Superbowl

Superbowl

Which was worse, the first half or the halftime show?

• The General
    replied
    Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
    The big storm cloud they do have on the horizon is when the next NFLPA contract is up which I think it not that far out.

Pretty weak union, though.

Leave a comment:

• Poley For PM
    replied
    Touched a nerve with the Corn Growers Association
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/04/bud-...-bowl-ads.html

Best comment about those ads came from a friend of mine on facebook who said debating bud light vs miller lite as a better beer is like arguing over whether Milli or Vinilli was the better singer.
    There was a corn growers convention down in the States today and Pete Coors showed up with a semi full of Coors Light. I imagine he was a pretty popular guy. Apparently reps from Anheuser-Busch apologized to the Corn Growers Association and wanted to speak at the convention but were told not to bother.

Leave a comment:

• Giventofly
    replied
    Originally posted by flatlandriderfan View Post
    I liked the pre-game commercial for Magnum PI and Pizza Hut where the one actress was sporting a Rider jersey. Looks like she is a Marcus Crandell fan!

That's great

Leave a comment:

• flatlandriderfan
    replied
    I liked the pre-game commercial for Magnum PI and Pizza Hut where the one actress was sporting a Rider jersey. Looks like she is a Marcus Crandell fan!

Leave a comment:

• Sofaking
    replied

Check out what these guys were protesting. In case anyone is wondering what the heck I was searching for to find this, James Duthie was at Super Bowl and mentioned it on the Jay and Dan podcast I was listening to

http://news2share.com/start/2019/02/...-bowl-atlanta/
    Wait what!?

Leave a comment:

• mixer
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	superbowl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	400546

Leave a comment:

• St. Anger
    replied
    I had a superbowl movement this morning, it was fantastic

Leave a comment:

• voice of reason
    replied
    Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post
    The Super Bowl might have had the lowest viewership in 10 years but I wouldn't be planning the NFL funeral yet.
    Yes, there was also a 30 % increase in streaming views.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRiderFan
    replied
    The big storm cloud they do have on the horizon is when the next NFLPA contract is up which I think it not that far out.

Leave a comment:

• Grainshoveler
    replied
    The Super Bowl might have had the lowest viewership in 10 years but I wouldn't be planning the NFL funeral yet.

Leave a comment:

• squish
    replied
    Considering just for fun I looked at what it would cost for a ticket during this last week. Those empty seats, if they were empty and not just people wandering etc were all paid for. Except for the real crap teams attendance is still good, ratings were way up this from last year. They have their issues but we heard a lot of the "NFL is on it's way down narrative" but this year showed that's not the case.
    I think a crack is showing, nothing more. They've absorbed a lot of hits in the last few years. Players on video beating up women, a very popular movie detailing their CTE coverup, and the Kaepernick/kneeling thing, and the divide that caused. Their dealing with it, and are obviously still popular, but as I said, I do think a crack is forming, when you start to hear about unsold tickets for games and things like that.

Leave a comment:

• jenius
    replied
    Originally posted by Poppy View Post

Are those 100,000 people also boycotting all the products made by the advertisers' companies, the NFL in general, and the radio and TV stations who broadcast it? Serious question.
    Hang on, I'll go ask them.

Leave a comment:

• rockford35
    replied
    Originally posted by squish View Post
    When they can't get decent talent for the halftime show anymore, and the artists cite very specific reasons for not doing it, that the league might have to start looking at themselves. Be it Kaepernick, or domestic violence, or CTE or anything. Not 100% sure, but I think I saw a pretty decent amount of empty seats along the upper ring of the stadium during the game as well. The cameras obviously didnt go up there very often. They still are a very powerful organization, but that may be starting to slip a little bit.
    I read somewhere that MLS Soccer had 3000 more fans for a game in December in the same stadium. Apples and oranges when it comes to cost of tickets of course, but telling. Almost 5000 short of capacity for the SB.

Leave a comment:

• CalgaryRiderFan
    replied
    Considering just for fun I looked at what it would cost for a ticket during this last week. Those empty seats, if they were empty and not just people wandering etc were all paid for. Except for the real crap teams attendance is still good, ratings were way up this from last year. They have their issues but we heard a lot of the "NFL is on it's way down narrative" but this year showed that's not the case.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X