Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superbowl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve04 View Post

Maroon 5 is very popular pop band that has been around for 10+ years and appeals to lots of people from youth into their middle ages, tons of big hits, and awards

Travi$ Scott is a current rapper, many know him more because he knocked up a Kardashian than his actual music, but his music is quite big, but definitely targeted to a much younger demographic (I'm 32 and am much too old for who he appeals too)

Big Boi is one half of the iconic hip hop group Outkast, which is widely considered to be one of the top rap groups of all time, and his partner in that group, Andre 3000 (who did not perform) is considered to be one of the best lyricists ever in hip hop music - they would appeal to many middle aged people who were listening to hip hop in the late 90s and early 2000s
    The halftime show was miles better than the actual game. That's sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

That's fair CRF. Maroon 5 is a big band but when it was announced I did a Pardon? Just not a Superbowl act like Janet Jackson or Lady Gaga, more like something I want to listen too on my way home from work.
      My son is 10 and he knew every word of every Maroon 5 song that was sung. He was ecstatic when they were announced. So, the appeal is his generation this time around. Not my cup of tea, no big deal.

I thought the Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake half time sucked. The Lady Gaga one was fantastic and I don't listen to her music besides hearing it in an elevator or in passing. To each their own.

Comment

Maroon 5 is like a hipster version of Nickelback. I am not really sure why but I just want to punch that Adam guy in the face.

I am glad they bombed. Terrible choice. The Grey Cup acts are actually much better Beiber included.

Comment

Originally posted by Clambake View Post
          Maroon 5 is like a hipster version of Nickelback. I am not really sure why but I just want to punch that Adam guy in the face.

I am glad they bombed. Terrible choice. The Grey Cup acts are actually much better Beiber included.
          I think a few bigger and better acts turned them down in support of Kaepernick. There were 100,000 signatures on a protest against Maroon 5 too.

Comment

Originally posted by jenius View Post

I think a few bigger and better acts turned them down in support of Kaepernick. There were 100,000 signatures on a protest against Maroon 5 too.
            Maroon 5 was just a terrible choice. Their music is fine, it's just not going to get anyone pumped up half way through a crappy football game.

Comment

It makes me glad no one actually buys music now. Fook that Kap guy.

Comment

Yup. There is really no upside to preforming the SB.
                They donít pay the bands. I suspect it will become even harder next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Clambake View Post

You lost me with Beiber.....Nobody that bad! Lol

Comment

Some funny Tweets in this article..

https://mashable.com/article/maroon-...2019-reaction/

Comment

Are those 100,000 people also boycotting all the products made by the advertisers' companies, the NFL in general, and the radio and TV stations who broadcast it? Serious question.

Comment

Some funny Tweets in this article..

https://mashable.com/article/maroon-...2019-reaction/
                        Those are great!

Comment

Thread title should be changed to notevenaveragebowl.

Comment

Maroon 5 was just a terrible choice. Their music is fine, it's just not going to get anyone pumped up half way through a crappy football game.
                            To be fair, I don't think the NFL booked Maroon 5 expecting a crappy football game.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy View Post

Are those 100,000 people also boycotting all the products made by the advertisers' companies, the NFL in general, and the radio and TV stations who broadcast it? Serious question.
                              Check out what these guys were protesting. In case anyone is wondering what the heck I was searching for to find this, James Duthie was at Super Bowl and mentioned it on the Jay and Dan podcast I was listening to

http://news2share.com/start/2019/02/...-bowl-atlanta/

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

Check out what these guys were protesting. In case anyone is wondering what the heck I was searching for to find this, James Duthie was at Super Bowl and mentioned it on the Jay and Dan podcast I was listening to

http://news2share.com/start/2019/02/...-bowl-atlanta/
                                I went to the Super Bowl in Dallas in 2011, the protesters are outrageous and hilarious at the same time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X