Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superbowl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Game of Thrones add had us looking at each other.

Comment

Originally posted by voice of reason View Post
      The Game of Thrones add had us looking at each other.
      The end of the "Dilly Dilly" campaign?

Comment

Touched a nerve with the Corn Growers Association
        https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/04/bud-...-bowl-ads.html

Best comment about those ads came from a friend of mine on facebook who said debating bud light vs miller lite as a better beer is like arguing over whether Milli or Vinilli was the better singer.

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

The end of the "Dilly Dilly" campaign?
          I think it will be back, My first thought was someone was going to get sued for a copyright for making him look like the Mountain, and then...

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
            Touched a nerve with the Corn Growers Association
            https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/04/bud-...-bowl-ads.html

Best comment about those ads came from a friend of mine on facebook who said debating bud light vs miller lite as a better beer is like arguing over whether Milli or Vinilli was the better singer.
            It's a bit weird that mainstream low-grade beer (which is in a huge demand decline while craft brew popularity rises) would want to raise awareness on the ironic issue of ingredient quality.

The ads are amusing, but as a call to action or differentiator, it's stupid and seems like it would only appeal in the board rooms where the pitch was concocted and echo chambered. Bud Lite's customer is not that motivated to care about the ingredients when they're picking up the cheapest flat of beer off the shelf. Better to stick with more abstract aspirational like the fiction that it makes you a social party animal.

The use of corn syrup as a stock for alcohol production isn't even a health or quality issue anyway.

This reminded me of the ugliness of when rice content was used by beer marketers to tap into anti-Asian sentiment.

Comment

I'll admit that I'm a rap fan, and so that may have swayed me, but I enjoyed the halftime show. Maroon 5 was good, not great, he just threw in too many ad libs. Travi$ Scott did probably the biggest (rap) song out right now, and Big Boi, who put Atlanta hip-hop on the map came out and did one of his biggest solo songs. Considering I don't watch the game for the halftime show I was pleasantly surprised.

Comment

I feel as if I am in a time warp. Who are these acts and to whom do they appeal? Never heard of any of them. Surely (don't call me Shirley!) I am not alone.

I guess it's all good. No one forces anyone to watch the halftime, and I did not.

Comment

Originally posted by steve04 View Post
                  I'll admit that I'm a rap fan, and so that may have swayed me, but I enjoyed the halftime show. Maroon 5 was good, not great, he just threw in too many ad libs. Travi$ Scott did probably the biggest (rap) song out right now, and Big Boi, who put Atlanta hip-hop on the map came out and did one of his biggest solo songs. Considering I don't watch the game for the halftime show I was pleasantly surprised.
                  Dose of reality for me:

Me during one of Maroon 5's songs: Hey I know this song

Friend of mine's response: Must be an old one.

Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post
                    I feel as if I am in a time warp. Who are these acts and to whom do they appeal? Never heard of any of them. Surely (don't call me Shirley!) I am not alone.

I guess it's all good. No one forces anyone to watch the halftime, and I did not.
                    Maroon 5 is pretty big and I like to LISTEN to a lot of their songs, I would never go ato a concert.

Comment

Originally posted by steve04 View Post
                      I totally agree with you on this and I too didn't mind the half time show.

Comment

Maroon 5 is very popular pop band that has been around for 10+ years and appeals to lots of people from youth into their middle ages, tons of big hits, and awards

Travi$ Scott is a current rapper, many know him more because he knocked up a Kardashian than his actual music, but his music is quite big, but definitely targeted to a much younger demographic (I'm 32 and am much too old for who he appeals too)

Big Boi is one half of the iconic hip hop group Outkast, which is widely considered to be one of the top rap groups of all time, and his partner in that group, Andre 3000 (who did not perform) is considered to be one of the best lyricists ever in hip hop music - they would appeal to many middle aged people who were listening to hip hop in the late 90s and early 2000s

Comment

I guess I am just an old fart,lol. Music reached its pinnacle for me in the 70s, but what do I know? Give me Abba or the BeeGees!

Of course it has all moved on since then..

Comment

I guess I am just an old fart,lol. Music reached its pinnacle for me in the 70s, but what do I know? Give me Abba or the BeeGees!

Considering the 70s were 40 to 50 years ago I don't think it's fair to question who any act who has come out in the last decade or two appeals too. The answer is clear.....people born since then.

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

Considering the 70s were 40 to 50 years ago I don't think it's fair to question who any act who has come out in the last decade or two appeals too. The answer is clear.....people born since then.
                              That's fair CRF. Maroon 5 is a big band but when it was announced I did a Pardon? Just not a Superbowl act like Janet Jackson or Lady Gaga, more like something I want to listen too on my way home from work.

Comment

Ugh!!!!!!!!!.....lol

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X