Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Day eats thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Day eats thread

Wasnt sure where to put this as it could be any sports game any time of year
    Tim and SId had a top 10 on Friday
    SId went on a rant about chips being the same as nachos - crazy talk i tells yah

nachos, buffalo chicken dip, wings, pita pizzas, ribs and pulled beef are my options if i do not order in
    anybody else?

I'm always up for some jalapeno poppers

Comment

ABTs are awesome.
      Doing tri tip on smoker and dry garlic ribs sous vide then fried tomorrow.
      2018 YNOT Champ

Comment

We are having 4 different kinds of wings, pizza, Chile, an artichoke and spinach dip, and snacks.

Super Bowl Baby, itís an event.
        Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

We always go to my brothers super bowl party , he always has loads of food chilli, chicken wings, dry ribs , nachos , chips , many kinds of dips , jalopeno poppers, stuffed mushrooms . Usually 50 or 60 people itís always fun
          go Patriots!
          Last edited by Unityriderguy; 02-02-2019, 07:22 PM.

Comment

For sure we'll be having Ham and scalloped potatoes. LOL, leftovers from tonight.

Comment

Making a batch of these babies. Hands down the best wings I've made and maybe even had https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/24...chicken-wings/

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac View Post
                Making a batch of these babies. Hands down the best wings I've made and maybe even had https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/24...chicken-wings/
                Sounds delicious. But I shall tell you what I did for my chicken wing fix.

I dumped about two pounds of split wings in my slow cooker and set it for high for 3 hours. No sauce, no nothing, because we don't care for it. Just the split wings.

After three hours, the wings were floating in their own juices just falling off the bone. Tasted fine to me. I used tongs to snag them all and put in the fridge for grilling on Sunday for a bit for a crust and maybe adding a mild dip. I saved the rich broth (about two cups) for another chicken recipe. The fat was was rendered because I put the wings in the pot without liquid . And the congealed fat makes tasty pastry too.

So easy.

I have some cooked bland chicken wings that I can dress up or dress down.I hate hot spice anything, so these might be a keeper.
                Last edited by Sprout; 02-03-2019, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Philadelphia cream cheese dill pickle dip with ripples and a bottle of Pepsi. I kept asking my guest what she wanted me to make for snacks and nothing for an answer so gas station snacks it is. I do have a bit of a surprise for a late supper.

Comment

For those of you making this game a special food event the eating will be the best part

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus View Post
                      For those of you making this game a special food event the eating will be the best part
                      Funny you mentioned that. I have been at lots of Grey Cup and Superbowl parties. I'm not an expert on football either side of the border. But holy crimson I got to these parties and I know a heck of a lot more about the game and the players than most of the people there. It seems like a pretty good excuse to drink and gorge in food though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Funny you mentioned that. I have been at lots of Grey Cup and Superbowl parties. I'm not an expert on football either side of the border. But holy crimson I got to these parties and I know a heck of a lot more about the game and the players than most of the people there. It seems like a pretty good excuse to drink and gorge in food though.
                        In this case I was referring to the specific teams playing in this game. I hope I'm wrong but the food and commercials will more than likely be the most entertaining aspect as it will prob be over in regards the scoreboard by the end of the 1st qtr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

Sounds delicious. But I shall tell you what I did for my chicken wing fix.

I dumped about two pounds of split wings in my slow cooker and set it for high for 3 hours. No sauce, no nothing, because we don't care for it. Just the split wings.

After three hours, the wings were floating in their own juices just falling off the bone. Tasted fine to me. I used tongs to snag them all and put in the fridge for grilling on Sunday for a bit for a crust and maybe adding a mild dip. I saved the rich broth (about two cups) for another chicken recipe. The fat was was rendered because I put the wings in the pot without liquid . And the congealed fat makes tasty pastry too.

So easy.

I have some cooked bland chicken wings that I can dress up or dress down.I hate hot spice anything, so these might be a keeper.
                          You don't have to make hot wings, Sprout. You could make them with BBQ sauce, honey garlic, teriyaki or just plain old salt and pepper. I used to dust them with a combination of flour and corn starch (for crispiness) and put some seasoning in it. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano,thyme and sage and then just eat them plain.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus View Post

In this case I was referring to the specific teams playing in this game. I hope I'm wrong but the food and commercials will more than likely be the most entertaining aspect as it will prob be over in regards the scoreboard by the end of the 1st qtr.
                            The Rams are good, but do you think they are that good!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flatlandriderfan View Post

The Rams are good, but do you think they are that good!!!!
                              The Patriots will sneak a little air out of their ball to even things up a bit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X