Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cribbage 29 hand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cribbage 29 hand

Tonight at friends place Mrs.Magnum got the perfect hand. Looked it up and its a nearly 1 in 650,000 occurrence.

Too bad my hand put us out and we didnt have to count her hand.

Holy crap... even with the matching Jack! I've seen a 28 before, but the Jack was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum View Post
      Tonight at friends place Mrs.Magnum got the perfect hand. Looked it up and its a nearly 1 in 650,000 occurrence.

I would have given her a mulligan to count it next time

Comment

Since she didn't count it, did it really happen?

I had a 28 hand once back in the day.

Comment

I've had a 29 hand 3 times. Once in a tournament that paid out $100 to anybody that got one, that was a good day. I lost all three games that I got a 29.

Comment

Congratulations she should now go buy a lottery ticket, she might be in the zone.

Comment

Originally posted by inspector7 View Post

Congratulations she should now go buy a lottery ticket, she might be in the zone.
              I figured that was her lottery ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post

Since she didn't count it, did it really happen?

I had a 28 hand once back in the day.
                I dont think I will bring that up as I like sleeping in my bed.

Comment

My wife and I play a best of 3 crib games just about every night during the winter, each of us has had a 28 hand but never a 29. On one occasion the right suited jack was in my hand that would have given her the 29, so very close. Each of us played for around 55 years and still haven't hit the big one. Congratulations!

Comment

Isnít that something. Iíve been playing for so many years and never seen one. Iím sure if I do, it will be Mrs. Aurelius playing against me haha.
                    Last edited by Marcus Aurelius; 01-28-2019, 01:46 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

never played and I love cards, joker on jack match on a fire

Comment

My grandpa had 2 during his lifetime, he played a lot of crib, pretty much daily. I used to play quite a bit too and have had a 28 but never a 29.

Comment

My grandpa and grandma played crib every night from the time they were 25 years old. Grandpa passed away when he was 95 and my grandma passed away last month at the age of 99. They played for 2 hours every night and during that time my grandpa only got a 29 hand once, and that was when he was 90. He was so proud of it that he got a plaque made of the hand and the date that it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by kbench55 View Post
                            My grandpa and grandma played crib every night from the time they were 25 years old. Grandpa passed away when he was 95 and my grandma passed away last month at the age of 99. They played for 2 hours every night and during that time my grandpa only got a 29 hand once, and that was when he was 90. He was so proud of it that he got a plaque made of the hand and the date that it happened.
                            Nice, that must have been quite the scene after playing that long and finally getting the big one. My Grandpa managed to also get two hole in ones in his life (same hole). He must have been carying a horse shoe all day. But again when you golf the same course literally every day and your not a bad golfer you are almost bound to pot one eventually.

We should have a what are the chances thread.
                            Last edited by Sofaking; 01-28-2019, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

We should have a what are the chances thread.
                              What are the chances you will start one?
                              No teacher, cake are square, pie are round.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X