Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Truck shopping ( looking for suggestions)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bates View Post

I have friends on the supply side, the pushback has not been very successful. Companies who own hundreds of trucks want the autos.
    I don't own 100s Of trucks but I do buy my own and won't have 1. Here in the oil patch nobody wants 1....too many dead trucks on the side of the road. Sort of like super singles ...no place in this part of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

I don't own 100s Of trucks but I do buy my own and won't have 1. Here in the oil patch nobody wants 1....too many dead trucks on the side of the road. Sort of like super singles ...no place in this part of the world.
      No idea what they now use but I drive auto for Halliburton in the 90's. They will be using them before long as options will be gone.

Comment

I'll just throw this in to the discussion and maybe I had a discussion before. I just barely moved to Regina and my phone blows off the hook. My father in law had a heart attack. So we went down in a hurry, and I'm not a farmer but there was a crop to get off. Brother in law asked me if I can operate a combine and im like not really? Can you drive a truck? I'm like yea I can do that. So in the middle of a field there is a tandem parked. "figure out how to drive it" So half an hour later I announced that I was good to drive the truck. That isn't exactly 1A training lol.

Comment

No idea what they now use but I drive auto for Halliburton in the 90's. They will be using them before long as options will be gone.
          Ask pretty much any driver what they like best and they will say 18 speed. Bullet proof as it gets. That's what all the tank truck companies here order. They will never leave you dead on the side of the road with a stupid electronic issue that will require a tow truck

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Yea I should have thought about it a bit more before I typed. I'm guessing most maybe all semi tractors have air brakes on the tractor itself. meaning an "A" endorsement. Class 1, 3, or 5 is dependent on weight.

Story since I always have one. When we moved to our current town about 40 something years ago my dad actually dropped his 1A on his drivers license and we stopped going to church. (I was like 2 so this is folklore). Being able to drive anything and being a licensed electrician he never had a day off at the church because he always was asked to do something. He finally had enough.
            Class 1,3,5 is dependent on number of axles. Weight is determined per axle.

Comment

Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

Ask pretty much any driver what they like best and they will say 18 speed. Bullet proof as it gets. That's what all the tank truck companies here order. They will never leave you dead on the side of the road with a stupid electronic issue that will require a tow truck
              Yep!

Comment

I bought a 2019 Honda Ridgeline in September for 41k. I drove it to south Texas for the winter. I averaged 10 laters per hundred getting down there. I think it is an excellent option if you really don't need a heavy duty 4 wheeler. It has excellent space in the cab. It s extremely quite and handles like an Accord or Camray. To me you have many of the functions of a pickup and the advantages of a car for ride, handling and gas mileage. I had compared it to the Tacoma, Chev mid sized and the Frontier. If you actually go brought that exercise I am more than confident that you will choose the Ridgeline. My last two previous vehicles were a Honda Odyessy and Lexus RX Suv. I would rate this vehicle better than either of those.
                Last edited by brady; 01-18-2019, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brady View Post
                  I bought a 2019 Honda Ridgeline in September for 41k. I drove it to south Texas for the winter. I averaged 10 laters per hundred getting down there. I think it is an excellent option if you really don't need a heavy duty 4 wheeler. It has excellent space in the cab. It s extremely quite and handles like an Accord or Camray. To me you have many of the functions of a pickup and the advantages of a car for ride, handling and gas mileage. I had compared it to the Tacoma, Chev mid sized and the Frontier. If you actually go brought that exercise I am more than confident that you will choose the Ridgeline.
                  I don't see a Ridgeline towing the OP's trailer going well. Other than that....

Comment

Originally posted by brady View Post
                    I bought a 2019 Honda Ridgeline in September for 41k. I drove it to south Texas for the winter. I averaged 10 laters per hundred getting down there. I think it is an excellent option if you really don't need a heavy duty 4 wheeler. It has excellent space in the cab. It s extremely quite and handles like an Accord or Camray. To me you have many of the functions of a pickup and the advantages of a car for ride, handling and gas mileage. I had compared it to the Tacoma, Chev mid sized and the Frontier. If you actually go brought that exercise I am more than confident that you will choose the Ridgeline. My last two previous vehicles were a Honda Odyessy and Lexus RX Suv. I would rate this vehicle better than either of those.
                    I wouldn't even call a Ridgeline a truck. It's a unibody vehicle trying to portray itself as a truck. I think it's more of an SUV with a box.

Comment

I don't see a Ridgeline towing the OP's trailer going well. Other than that....
                      Yea 9000 lbs, ridgeline would puke nevermind nowhere being anywhere legal. Now for what he is doing great. but it's not a tow vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post

I wouldn't even call a Ridgeline a truck. It's a unibody vehicle trying to portray itself as a truck. I think it's more of an SUV with a box.
                        Same as a Chevy avalanche

Comment

Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post

The Avalanche was much closer to a truck than a Ridgeline

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post

The Avalanche was much closer to a truck than a Ridgeline
                            Iíve never considered it a truck

Comment

Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post

Nope, the Avalanche is not a unibody vehicle. It's on the same platform as the suburban/yukon, essentially a half ton frame, and it can pull 8,000 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsask View Post
                                Nope, the Avalanche is not a unibody vehicle. It's on the same platform as the suburban/yukon, essentially a half ton frame, and it can pull 8,000 pounds.
                                Oh wow , I wouldnít have thought

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X