Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Truck shopping ( looking for suggestions)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sprout View Post

Believe me, I would never disparage those experiences. You were up to it and it made sense for you.

For me, I truly like the camping experience but I have this nagging feeling at the back of my mind that i need a back out plan. I have set up my tent at KIAs and regional sites, but always with the thought that I could drive the hell out if necessary. For me it is necessary because I have like 10 relatives across Canda and none is close enough to be of any use. So it is always about what is practical and who can I call.

Not complaining. I would only camp about two or three times in the summer and then only for a couple of nights before en route to some where else.
    https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...37110589999999

If you are up for an adventure this is the place I was talking about tenting. Just beware there is nothing there. If you want to go shopping it's about an hour drive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...37110589999999

If you are up for an adventure this is the place I was talking about tenting. Just beware there is nothing there. If you want to go shopping it's about an hour drive.
      Sounds wonderful. I would like to go if I go west.

But ya know, I am from Ontario, so that is where travel leads me.

Comment

Sounds wonderful. I would like to go if I go west.

But ya know, I am from Ontario, so that is where travel leads me.
        I've only driven to Ontario once and we were in a bit of a hurry so we only stopped to eat, sleep, and get gas. There is a lot of nice country out there if you go through Thunder Bay, Sault St. Marie that area. Crescent falls you just basically go to Red Deer and through Rocky Mountain House. It's not much of a drive until you get through Rocky but after that it is the most beautiful country I have ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

I've only driven to Ontario once and we were in a bit of a hurry so we only stopped to eat, sleep, and get gas. There is a lot of nice country out there if you go through Thunder Bay, Sault St. Marie that area. Crescent falls you just basically go to Red Deer and through Rocky Mountain House. It's not much of a drive until you get through Rocky but after that it is the most beautiful country I have ever seen.
          Thanks. It is very nice around the lakehead, but next time I go, it will be through the US along US 2 on the southern side of Superior. Just seems safer and better food options, as well as being shorter by some 100 km.

Comment

Thanks. It is very nice around the lakehead, but next time I go, it will be through the US along US 2 on the southern side of Superior. Just seems safer and better food options, as well as being shorter by some 100 km.
            We went north because there were two other adults without a passport and 3 dogs. Going through the states wasnt really an option.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X