Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Truck shopping ( looking for suggestions)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Truck shopping ( looking for suggestions)

Iím in the process of beginning to shop for a new truck , I have always owned GM products but after whatís going on with the GM pull out in the east I have been thinking of changing. The new Dodge trucks look good also the Nissan Titans but not sure . I still like Chevy but looking for any comments would be helpful.

I never ended up buying but I researched pretty long for a while there. There really is no wrong answer. Nobody is making a bad product any more IMO. Toyota TUndras are good, but you can't argue with an F150 either. I think if I were to do it, I'd get an F150 eco boost.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post
      I never ended up buying but I researched pretty long for a while there. There really is no wrong answer. Nobody is making a bad product any more IMO. Toyota TUndras are good, but you can't argue with an F150 either. I think if I were to do it, I'd get an F150 eco boost.
      Ya Iím doing lots of research as well , working my way towards a ford research . When I decide I want to get an equivalent to what I have which is a Silverado 2500

Comment

Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post

Ya Iím doing lots of research as well , working my way towards a ford research . When I decide I want to get an equivalent to what I have which is a Silverado 2500
        If you are doing any kind of towing or hauling stay away from the eco-boost. That's all I got. I have a GMC and love it, but like Squish said they are all good.......except for the eco-boost.

Comment

Originally posted by Fizz View Post

If you are doing any kind of towing or hauling stay away from the eco-boost. That's all I got. I have a GMC and love it, but like Squish said they are all good.......except for the eco-boost.
          Hmmm good to know , thanks ! Yes I do a pile of towing , whatís with the eco boost ?

Comment

I totally get what you mean about your gmc I used to own one before my Silverado

Comment

Hmmm good to know , thanks ! Yes I do a pile of towing , whatís with the eco boost ?
              The turbo kicks in when towing and your gas consumption goes through the roof, and carbon build up has been an issue as well. Ford has said they tweeked some things to prevent this in thier 2018 models.

Comment

Originally posted by Proudtobegreen
                I was a ford man through and through. But the last truck I bought(2016), I left ford because of the eco boost. I just have a problem with lots of HP out of small engines made out of aluminum and twin turbos. Seems like a lot of headache. I went with a ram rebel. Love it!! V8 power, and tons of it. We pull an older 29 ft RV, and as long as you don't look at the fuel economy, you can pull it any speed you want. When not pulling, we get 11-13 l/100k.
                Awesome!! Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeandburn View Post

The turbo kicks in when towing and your gas consumption goes through the roof, and carbon build up has been an issue as well. Ford has said they tweeked some things to prevent this in thier 2018 models.

Thanks for the info ! Iíll keep that in mind , I wonder how their 2019ís are?

Comment

Although they are better than when they first came out, they like to go Eco boom. Just stick with a V8.

Comment

They don't do the Ecoboost in the F-250 which I assume is what you'd be looking at to be comparable to the 2500. It's a gas V8 or a diesel.

Comment

Towing and hauling heavy loads puts a lot of excess work on the turbo. trying to get a small engine to work like a large engine is ok in the short term but in the long term you will have nothing but trouble.
                        Sit down and figure out what weight you will be pulling and buy something that will handle it comfortably, not just barely handle it.

Comment

Iím in the process of beginning to shop for a new truck , I have always owned GM products but after whatís going on with the GM pull out in the east I have been thinking of changing. The new Dodge trucks look good also the Nissan Titans but not sure . I still like Chevy but looking for any comments would be helpful.
                          I assume part of the research is what trucks are made in Canada? If it matters where GM makes theirs it only seems fair for their competition to face same conditions.

Comment

What kind of weight do you tow?
                            Are you looking for a workhorse are are you interested in a comfortable ride also?

Comment

Towing and hauling heavy loads puts a lot of excess work on the turbo. trying to get a small engine to work like a large engine is ok in the short term but in the long term you will have nothing but trouble.
                              Sit down and figure out what weight you will be pulling and buy something that will handle it comfortably, not just barely handle it.
                              I was actually really interested in the new Ranger, smaller truck is probably more suited to my needs (picking up stuff at Home Depot, load up the bikes, towing a small camper, etc.) and I want something a little easier on gas, easier to park, etc. I really like the look of them and all, but apparently it only comes with a 2.3 turbo,...not so sure about that.

I think for that reason I'd prefer to go with a GMC Canyon with the smaller V6, not quite as good mileage I would suspect, but probably better reliability over the long term.
                              Last edited by Green in Queen City; 01-13-2019, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X