Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truck Driver in Humboldt Broncos Deaths Pleads Guilty.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crown is asking for 10 years.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saska...rash-1.5000119

Comment

• After loading and departing, Sidhu realized one tarp got air underneath and was flipping as he drove. Sidhu stops and re-adjusts the tarp.

Let that resonate a bit .

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post
        My guess is he will get 5 or less.

Comment

• I think it is time to stop buying the hype of the great Canadian labor shortage. Hire local and pay liveable wages. I have been to the third world and have seen how they drive. I am not surprised how many violations this guy had and how little his company cared, nor am I surprised this happened.

Although Trump is a distasteful human, I at least think he has the US on the right path. I wish someone would do the same in Canada.

Comment

• Jason Warick‏ @WarickCBC 5m5 minutes ago
            Any sentence will likely mean heíll no longer be able to live in Canada bc of his status. That should be considered part of the punishment, Brayford said.

His defence lawyer throws out his status as part of his sentencing statement. I'm not sure that should be a factor. If you get caught breaking the rules, and this time it had big consequences, that's how it goes. First time I've heard mention of Sidhu's status.

ETA:
            Jason Warick‏ @WarickCBC 4m4 minutes ago

Brayford is asked his thoughts by judge about the driving ban. Said he canít disagree w Crownís 10 year recommendation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proudtobegreen View Post

Before we go to four way stops, maybe we could try slowing cross traffic. Locally, we have a bad corner. 3 people have been killed in different accidents. As an RM and town, we sent a joint letter in to the ministry of Hwys, suggesting slowing the cross traffic. The reply was they have absolutely no interest in that. I don't understand that logic.
              No trees to remove though?

Comment

• Sentencing on March 22.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjrxs View Post

No trees to remove though?
                  That may have made a difference, then again maybe not, who is to say he would have seen the bus? he missed flashing lights and a stop sign... That does seem like a bad place to have a clump of trees.

Comment

• Originally posted by regina View Post
                    After loading and departing, Sidhu realized one tarp got air underneath and was flipping as he drove. Sidhu stops and re-adjusts the tarp.

Let that resonate a bit .
                    I'm sorry, but what are you saying here? Are you implying that he was attentive and knowingly blew the stop sign?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

That may have made a difference, then again maybe not, who is to say he would have seen the bus? he missed flashing lights and a stop sign... That does seem like a bad place to have a clump of trees.
                      I agree with previous posters. The trees had no impact on the semi at all. They probably did hinder the bus drivers ability to drive defensively. If he is talking about the intersection Iím thinking of, there are no trees at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbench55 View Post

I'm sorry, but what are you saying here? Are you implying that he was attentive and knowingly blew the stop sign?
                        I think maybe what he was trying to say is the driver was at least trying to be somewhat attentive? My gut tells me this guy was stressed out and over his head. No excuse for blowing a sign though.

Even though I don't know anyone involved in this tragedy, I don't think I could sit through 3 days in that gym listening to the victims.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjrxs View Post

I agree with previous posters. The trees had no impact on the semi at all. They probably did hinder the bus drivers ability to drive defensively. If he is talking about the intersection Iím thinking of, there are no trees at all.
                          There are trees if you look at the pics. Like you said if they weren't there maybe the bus driver would have had a hope of avoiding the semi.

Comment

I think maybe what he was trying to say is the driver was at least trying to be somewhat attentive? My gut tells me this guy was stressed out and over his head. No excuse for blowing a sign though.

Even though I don't know anyone involved in this tragedy, I don't think I could sit through 3 days in that gym listening to the victims.
                            I agree. This case is a real emotional quandary. His momentary lapse of judgement had horrendous results, and on one side I feel their needs to be repercussions. However on the other side this guy didnít set out to do that when he left the pick up spot, and by all accounts has accepted full responsibility and seems to be trying to help the families with closure. I keep wrestling with the idea that does having him incarcerated for 10 years make our society safer? I canít imagine how hard the judge decision is on sentencing.

Comment

It's far, far easier from a driving perspective to not stop, perhaps just gear down a bit and jump the stop sign. Saves the pain in a$s rigmarole of starting back up again from a complete stop with a rig that size and weight. Totally agree, no excuse whatsoever.
                              ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mallard View Post

It's far, far easier from a driving perspective to not stop, perhaps just gear down a bit and jump the stop sign. Saves the pain in a$s rigmarole of starting back up again from a complete stop with a rig that size and weight. Totally agree, no excuse whatsoever.
                                I agree there are no excuses. But jumping a stop sign from a roll is one thing, and pulling through at 90km/hr is not saving the trouble of having to shift a few gears

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X