Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truck Driver in Humboldt Broncos Deaths Pleads Guilty.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very proud of the victim's Families that were able to give forgiveness and compassion to the driver. I also hold no negative thoughts on those who didn't but I do believe the previous group are in a much better position to regain some normalcy in Life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

The next question will be "How did that person circumvent the system?" I would bet that someone will develop a hack and all that a guy will have to do instead of running 2 paper log books is hook up his computer to the system and make his changes.
      Possible I guess but to my knowledge all ELD's are monitored and satellite tracked through a 3rd party company.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

Are you a retard? Everybody knows about keeping a log. That's why I asked i n the police report about the log.
        Grow up.

Comment

What constitutes a "long trip"?
          In my other post I said 3-4 hour one way trips for the first 600 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

This isn't a shot at new Canadians but I've interviewed/hired/fired a lot of them and it doesn't generally matter which part of the globe they are from. A lot of them are so eager to impress (or desperate) that they will say anything in regards to their experience and qualifications. I learned that unless you drill down into specifics a so called electrician with 10yrs PLC experience might not even know what PLC stands for. Just an observation it seems like the gov't seems to be so desperate to get foreigners work that they rubber stamp a lot of things. I have been a Technologist for 21 years and I can't get a Journey persons license by just writing a test. People from over seas can say they had a license in X country, write a test and bang there is your red seal, and far too often these guys don't know Jack s***. Same goes for Engineers.
            So you're an engineer? Lol, just kidding.

We have "red seal" international hires working for our company. They'd be hard pressed to have the knowledge of a second year apprentice

Comment

• Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

In my other post I said 3-4 hour one way trips for the first 600 hours.
              4 hour or 350 km return trip or an 8 hour 700km one way trip. The costs of giving someone a $180,000 tractor and trailer and trying to pay costs and wages on 8 hours a day would bankrupt someone before the 600 hours are up. A larger company that runs lets say between Regina and Saskatoon could make things work alot easier, but for a small company, it probably wouldnt work so well.

At the end of the day, the guy ran a stop sign with a flashing red light, that can be seen for a mile before hand, on a clear sunny day . No amount of training is going to prevent that.

Comment

• Originally posted by nernzi19 View Post

So you're an engineer? Lol, just kidding.

We have "red seal" international hires working for our company. They'd be hard pressed to have the knowledge of a second year apprentice
                NOT AN ENGINEER lol. I said I did Engineering work which didn't seem out of line and it blew up.

Story,I sent a P.eng that we recently hired to calibrate an Xray machine. There was nothing to know, it was an automatic scope and I sent him down with a detailed procedure of what to do. I had only been working with him for a couple of days but I thought surely to god you can't screw this up. It was low voltage so I knew he couldn't get hurt. Sure enough 4 hours later I go down and he hasn't figured out how to hook the leads up to the scope. Professional Engineer ok.

Same guy. I had been off for awhile and I hear that a machine has been down for a week and he is working on it. It wasn't a big deal they just shifted production to another machine. I go down on the floor and he has his laptop hooked up to it and can't figure out why it didn't work. I'm like dude you know you are looking at a blank program right? Yep the PLC had literally nothing in it, blank factory program and he had been staring at it for a week. Took about a minute to fix. Professional Engineer though, he was more qualified than me.

Comment

• For those commenting on trees and what was a factor and what wasn't, I found this tweet and supporting photos to be very informative.

https://twitter.com/Vandecision/stat...558633473?s=19

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                    IIRC when the accident first happened and the info came out that the bus had the right of way and the truck had the stop sign, everyone assumed the the truck t-boned the bus, but when actually news stories came out I don't recall anyone saying that. In fact it was from reading the actual stories that I realised the initial assumption was wrong,.
                    When i saw the first arial view I knew that the bus hit the truck just by seeing how undamaged the front of the semi was.

Comment

4 hour or 350 km return trip or an 8 hour 700km one way trip. The costs of giving someone a $180,000 tractor and trailer and trying to pay costs and wages on 8 hours a day would bankrupt someone before the 600 hours are up. A larger company that runs lets say between Regina and Saskatoon could make things work alot easier, but for a small company, it probably wouldnt work so well.

At the end of the day, the guy ran a stop sign with a flashing red light, that can be seen for a mile before hand, on a clear sunny day . No amount of training is going to prevent that.
                      The 600 hours could be a new driver system so a small company would need to hire more experienced drivers VS train one.

I would be be willing to be this driver never would have gotten 600 hours in before quiting or being fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

NOT AN ENGINEER lol. I said I did Engineering work which didn't seem out of line and it blew up.

Story,I sent a P.eng that we recently hired to calibrate an Xray machine. There was nothing to know, it was an automatic scope and I sent him down with a detailed procedure of what to do. I had only been working with him for a couple of days but I thought surely to god you can't screw this up. It was low voltage so I knew he couldn't get hurt. Sure enough 4 hours later I go down and he hasn't figured out how to hook the leads up to the scope. Professional Engineer ok.

Same guy. I had been off for awhile and I hear that a machine has been down for a week and he is working on it. It wasn't a big deal they just shifted production to another machine. I go down on the floor and he has his laptop hooked up to it and can't figure out why it didn't work. I'm like dude you know you are looking at a blank program right? Yep the PLC had literally nothing in it, blank factory program and he had been staring at it for a week. Took about a minute to fix. Professional Engineer though, he was more qualified than me.
                        My friend, everyone knows that you have never ever tried to present yourself as an Engineer. In fact, I am getting sick of that kind of allegation.

You are what I admire: an engineering tech who knows a lot and who can detect fakes with dubious foreign credentials. You have given me solid advice and I thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by hihocarp View Post

When i saw the first arial view I knew that the bus hit the truck just by seeing how undamaged the front of the semi was.
                          Yup.

Anyone with a basic understanding of physics and momentum could see from the aerial view alone that the bus hit the truck and the truck did not stop at the stop sign.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprout View Post

My friend, everyone knows that you have never ever tried to present yourself as an Engineer. In fact, I am getting sick of that kind of allegation.

You are what I admire: an engineering tech who knows a lot and who can detect fakes with dubious foreign credentials. You have given me solid advice and I thank you.
                            Take it to PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pappcam View Post

Take it to PM.
                              He and I have talked on PM and in person. I recall that you like to needle him. In fact, you like to needle anyone. So, I shan't be taking your advice.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattD View Post
                                For those commenting on trees and what was a factor and what wasn't, I found this tweet and supporting photos to be very informative.

https://twitter.com/Vandecision/stat...558633473?s=19
                                Wow. Yeah, thats pretty much how I envisioned it. That semi popped up out of nowhere for the bus driver.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X