Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concert announcement coming for Regina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by danno View Post
    Headed to Vegas in a couple weeks to catch the old geezer Van Morrison, before he croaks ....
    Nice... ohhh Domino! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

Nice... ohhh Domino! LOL
      I'm taking my Brown Eyed Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by kbench55 View Post

The concert was held and filmed on Oct 20, 2018.
        Thanks, that makes sense

Comment

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

He reportedly has new material coming out now that "Springsteen on Broadway" has completed its run. It will be more solo work, not E Street Band. No touring has been announced yet, so I doubt he will be playing in Regina.
          Much as I liked Bruce, it was with the band. I wouldn't go see him in an acoustic act.

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

Have you been to a concert? That doesn't really happen. IMO, they were actually much more "political" in the early days (80's) than they are now. But even then, its not like they had super "hot takes" either. Coming out in support of Martin Luther King... ooo there's a controversial one. Or China out of Tibet, and stuff like that.
            I seen them in Dublin a few years back , Great show

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprout View Post

Much as I liked Bruce, it was with the band. I wouldn't go see him in an acoustic act.
              "Springsteen on Broadway" was fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by go riders View Post

"Springsteen on Broadway" was fantastic.
                The E Street Band hasn't been the same for me since the big man passed. There is/was only one Clarence.

Comment

The E Street Band hasn't been the same for me since the big man passed. There is/was only one Clarence.
                  During "The River" tour, Jake (Clarence's nephew) really came into his own.

But the fact is, the band has changed over time. Danny is gone as well. The first albums, Vinni "Mad Dog" Lopez was the drummer and David Sancious played keyboards. Lopez was kicked out and Ernest "Boom" Carter became the drummer. Then he and Sancious left and Max and and Roy Bittan joined. Little Stevie Van Zandt didn't join until the mid-70's. During recording of "Born in the USA", he left and Nils Lofgren joined. Patti joined around the same time. Steven came back a decade later.

As well, Springsteen has recorded many albums (and toured) with the E Street Band.

Comment

I agree. Still very good but not the same. I was lucky enough to see Bruce and E Street once during the Rising tour. Best concert I have ever seen, hands down.

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post
                      Headed to Vegas in a couple weeks to catch the old geezer Van Morrison, before he croaks ....
                      He is one of two that I have left on my "live concert bucket list". We are going to Ireland in September this year so I am hoping that when he announces his European tour for later this year, we'll luck out and he'll have one while we are there (one can only hope!) The other artist left on my bucket list is Jimmy Buffet, who happens to be in Ireland, but a week after we leave.

Comment

• Hope it's Justin Beiber.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy Rider View Post

I agree. Still very good but not the same. I was lucky enough to see Bruce and E Street once during the Rising tour. Best concert I have ever seen, hands down.
                          Amen. I saw him in 1988 in the Tunnel of Love tour in May 1988 in Minnie. Magical 4 hour concert. I couldn't sleep that night; just wandered around. He was absolutely at his peak and also carrying on with Patti Scialfa. They scorched.

I went to the Fargo concert in 1999? but it wasn't as good. Or maybe I was older.

I can't stand his acoustic stuff. He can't sing worth a damn; needs a band.

Comment

• The band is what makes it. Most of the guys in the band could and have been stars in their own right. Nils Lofgren has done some beautiful solo work.

I really prefer Nils' version of "If I should fall behind" more than when Bruce sings it.

Last edited by squish; 01-13-2019, 08:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lyin' guy View Post
                              Hope it's Justin Beiber.
                              So do I so I won’t have to pony up for tickets
                              Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Insider sources say it will be The Waltons on their "Lik My Trakter" reunion tour.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X