Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concert announcement coming for Regina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

DLR can't sing anymore. His voice is shot.
    I loved David Lee back in the day, but he's toast. He's a bad lounge act singer lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

I loved David Lee back in the day, but he's toast. He's a bad lounge act singer lol
      Yeah he is. I saw Van Halen in their prime in Regina right after they released their third album (or right before) and the show was outstanding. DLR was incredibly athletic and such a good showman. Now he looks and sounds like a bad game show host with severe ADHD.

If they reunited they wouldn't last long. No way they could get a long for an extended period I don't think.
      Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Unityriderguy View Post
        AC/DC?? Stones??
        No?? No??

Why do you think they'd rehash another stadium show with the same acts? Why would you want to rehash another stadium show with the same acts?

Comment

• Originally posted by pappcam View Post

No?? No??

Why do you think they'd rehash another stadium show with the same acts? Why would you want to rehash another stadium show with the same acts?
          I was joking

Comment

• Originally posted by Rock Preston #1 View Post

Yeah he is. I saw Van Halen in their prime in Regina right after they released their third album (or right before) and the show was outstanding. DLR was incredibly athletic and such a good showman. Now he looks and sounds like a bad game show host with severe ADHD.

If they reunited they wouldn't last long. No way they could get a long for an extended period I don't think.
            I gotta admit the bolded made me LOL. He is such a cartoonish caricature. I mean, let's face it, Ice Cream Man would just be pathetic and creepy now.

Comment

• When Van Halen played here in Vancouver a few years back I went to see them. I had never seen them in concert before, so I was pretty excited. EVH was awesome, but DLR "talked" through most of the songs. A friend who had seen them years earlier said that was a normal thing for DLR to do in concert.

On a lighter note, DLR was chatting with the first couple rows of fans. A younger woman who was with her mom said something to him. His response?

"This isn't my first time through Vancouver. I could be your father!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyree View Post

I gotta admit the bolded made me LOL. He is such a cartoonish caricature. I mean, let's face it, Ice Cream Man would just be pathetic and creepy now.
                Van Halen's first album is still one of the best rock records ever recorded. Just a killer from start to finish.

And yes DLR singing Ice Cream Man these days with that grin he has would scare away everyone from a 100 mile radius.
                Waiting for the big ole splash...actually there was no big splash, just a peaceful ripple. Dammit, there was supposed to be a big ole splash!!

Comment

• Any updates on when they are announcing this?

Wonder how Pearl Jam would sell at Mosaic. I'm thinking pretty good

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac View Post
                    Any updates on when they are announcing this?

Wonder how Pearl Jam would sell at Mosaic. I'm thinking pretty good
                    Just saw The Stones are rumoured to play Toronto June 29th so wondering if they may come back?

Pearl Jam would be great but I kinda think Stadium shows need some sort of stage setup.

Comment

• A major concert announcement is coming for #Regina. We had @MayorFougere on the show today & he would only tell us it's world class, an artist with a band & we'll know "soon." Any guesses?! #yqr #sask 9 7:12 AM - Jan 8, 2019

I'm gonna guess .....

June 17th 2019 for the announcement of whom.
                      Last edited by regina; 02-10-2019, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

Just saw The Stones are rumoured to play Toronto June 29th so wondering if they may come back?

Pearl Jam would be great but I kinda think Stadium shows need some sort of stage setup.
                        Mick will be 76, ouch, cant see much of set before they have to take a nap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

Mick will be 76, ouch, cant see much of set before they have to take a nap.
                          He is the real life Mr Burns. Clint Eastwood was directing movies in his late 70ís which are 10-12 hour days so some can do it.
                          Last edited by Cflgridiron; 02-10-2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

He is the real life Mr Burns. Clint Eastwood was directing movies in his late 70ís which are 10-12 hour days so some can do it.
                            How many songs do the Stones have that Mick can just pull up a chair and serenade the crowd?

I think Clint is still directing so if you know whats good for you PUNK you talk about him in the present tense.

(I really hope he gets the "punk" line)

Last edited by Magnum; 02-10-2019, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by regina View Post
                              A major concert announcement is coming for #Regina. We had @MayorFougere on the show today & he would only tell us it's world class, an artist with a band & we'll know "soon." Any guesses?! #yqr #sask 9 7:12 AM - Jan 8, 2019

I'm gonna guess .....

June 17th 2019
                              Artist with a band.

Hmmm

makes me think it could be The Boss?

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

Artist with a band.

Hmmm

makes me think it could be The Boss?
                                My guess was for when the announcement will be shouted from the rooftop of city hall . I've given up on whom.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X