Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you sit down when you pee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jollyrider View Post

What is your intermittent fasting routine? I have been hearing this a lot these days and would like to know more. Any good sources to read into?
    I try to do an 18 hour fast leaving me a 6 hour window to eat. If I eat at noon then I wrap it up at 6 pm and if I don't eat till 2 pm then I finish eating at 8 pm. I drink water throughout the day. By doing this every day since June 20 I have lost 35 pounds. I can't say enough good things about this program. It isn't even like being on a diet as I eat whatever I want the only constraint is the window I give myself to consume calories. Even works to combat the munchies as a night I might still walk to the fridge then I say to myself "I'm on a fast, close the door". Never strayed once. Highly recommend for anyone wanting to lose weight or curb stomp diabetes before it starts.

Dr Jason Fung is the guy who has the most info out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk&t=1947s

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket 88 View Post

I guess I was in the cattle business long enough to know that net weight is all that matters and any other number is incorrect. If I learned the differences in what I weigh at night vs. empty in the am prior to first meal I can apply a "tare" amt and calculate the actual number and it wouldn't matter what time I weighed myself. (For me there is a consistent 3 lb difference). That 3 lb difference consists of wastes and calorie burning and it was necessary to determine the waste amount to attribute calories burned or real time changes.

Now to be clear I don't do it every day but I did for a period long enough to establish a pattern and give me feedback on various lifestyle choices (think a week filled with Skip the dishes vs home cooking). Also related to the first reason I am intermittent fasting as a means of weight and diabetes control and since this is like most things my doctor has no clue about I choose to be pro active and as knowledgeable as possible. From personal experience I think people should be aware of changes to their body as soon as possible. Your body will tell you if something is wrong before your doctor ever will. I once knew a guy who lost 100 pounds in a year without doing anything different. I said 'once knew" because as some may guess this person is dead and died soon after our meeting as he was in stage 5 cancer when he was diagnosed shortly before we met. You don't ever lose 100 pounds without trying or making at least one change and so the biggest reason I like to know whats happening with my body is for the feedback and early detection of possible problems.
      That's very interesting and I commend you for taking that deep of a dive into your body and health. I thought I knew my body well and know when something is wrong but not to this degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

Dialysis patients do this too when they start if they still pee. So that output can be compared to input and see how much weight since last treatment is fluid and how much is food.
        This is also very interesting. I'll be honest, I did not expect to actually learn something in a thread asking if you sit to pee, but this is another example of don't judge a thread by it's title

Comment

Originally posted by flatlandriderfan View Post

That's very interesting and I commend you for taking that deep of a dive into your body and health. I thought I knew my body well and know when something is wrong but not to this degree.
          Thank you I have always been motivated to do so as I have no family medical history. And no way in hell do I want what my adoptive family had if I can help it

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket 88 View Post

I try to do an 18 hour fast leaving me a 6 hour window to eat. If I eat at noon then I wrap it up at 6 pm and if I don't eat till 2 pm then I finish eating at 8 pm. I drink water throughout the day. By doing this every day since June 20 I have lost 35 pounds. I can't say enough good things about this program. It isn't even like being on a diet as I eat whatever I want the only constraint is the window I give myself to consume calories. Even works to combat the munchies as a night I might still walk to the fridge then I say to myself "I'm on a fast, close the door". Never strayed once. Highly recommend for anyone wanting to lose weight or curb stomp diabetes before it starts.

Dr Jason Fung is the guy who has the most info out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk&t=1947s
            Thank you.

Comment

"Nestor, you're peeing in the swimming pool"
              "So what? Everybody pees in the swimming pool"
              "From the high diving board?"

Comment

Originally posted by iiebg View Post
                "Nestor, you're peeing in the swimming pool"
                "So what? Everybody pees in the swimming pool"
                "From the high diving board?"
                in Psychology, P is silent, like in swimming pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

in Psychology, P is silent, like in swimming pool.
                  That is classic, I've never peed in a pool but I have in a lake, there is a billion gallons of water in there my liter isn't going to make a difference.

Story, friend of mine when he was maybe 8 had violent diarrhea in a hot tub in Minot. They had to drain it...
                  Last edited by Sofaking; 01-10-2019, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

That is classic, I've never peed in a pool but I have in a lake, there is a billion gallons of water in there my liter isn't going to make a difference.

Story, friend of mine when he was maybe 8 had violent diarrhea in a hot tub in Minot. They had to drain it...
                    I think I must have been in my 20's by the time I realized that the stuff we were told they put in swimming pools that made your pee turn bright blue... was bogus.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

I think I must have been in my 20's by the time I realized that the stuff we were told they put in swimming pools that made your pee turn bright blue... was bogus.
                      You found this out by peeing in a pool in your 20's?

Comment

Originally posted by mrguy View Post

You found this out by peeing in a pool in your 20's?
                        I've peed in every pool I've ever been in in since!

Comment

Oh your the guy floating all alone in the corner with the big grin on his face.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

It would be a lot for me but for a bigger guy yea seems reasonable.

Story, since I have one. A month or so ago I am storm stayed at my sisters place in regina with my mom. I go take a pee at 1am and and it won't flush, the chain fell off the flapper or something. I didn't want to start banging around porcelain in the middle of the night to fix it so figured I would just leave it and fix it in the morning. An hour later mom needs to go and I just tell her it won't flush don't worry about it. So this wouldn't be a sofaking story if it didn't have a climax. About 4AM I have the most violent crap I think I ever have had, and I'm sick like so sick I can't get off the toilet and can't breathe. Actually had to call an ambulance and spent a week in the hospital. So my poor sister gets to deal with a toilet literally full of pee and not a log or two of poop but brown violence of the worst kind (and the toilet doesn't flush). So I'm at the hospital thinking s*** I really hope she knows how to fix the toilet because I felt terrible for leaving her with that mess.
                            Frick good thing you were not at no daddy lane when that happened !!

Comment

You are like those dudes at a swim-up bar in Mexico who have been sitting there and drinking for 6 hours and haven't moved .

Comment

Sitting requires one to take measures to keep the dangly bits out of the water, though. Just sayin'...
                                You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared... ...then you energy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X