Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Years Resolutions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hihocarp View Post
    My big one was quitting smoking Jan 1 1992. Still going strong 27 years later!
    Good for you, but my mean old Norwegian Mother fell over dead on her way for a smoke at 86. I think I'll keep up the tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by prairiechickin View Post

Good for you, but my mean old Norwegian Mother fell over dead on her way for a smoke at 86. I think I'll keep up the tradition.
      My mom passed away new years day at 80. Man could that woman smoke, chain so fast she didn't need a lighter. But that is not what caused her death.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

My mom passed away new years day at 80. Man could that woman smoke, chain so fast she didn't need a lighter. But that is not what caused her death.
        I'm sorry if this sounds insensitive, not my intention, but didn't your mother have a stroke?

My father in law had a minor stroke back in March and he has almost made a full recovery. However, the Dr told him that his 50 years of smoking was most likely the reason as to why he had the stroke and that he should probably stop or it will happen again but much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by kbench55 View Post

I'm sorry if this sounds insensitive, not my intention, but didn't your mother have a stroke?

My father in law had a minor stroke back in March and he has almost made a full recovery. However, the Dr told him that his 50 years of smoking was most likely the reason as to why he had the stroke and that he should probably stop or it will happen again but much worse.
          Yeah, smoking is a major cause of strokes.

Comment

Originally posted by kbench55 View Post

My point was I always thought she would get some sort of lung disease that would be her demise. Not smoke like a steam engine until 80 and then just have a stroke out of the blue. I honestly had no idea smoking caused strokes.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X