Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Years Resolutions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Resolutions

Has anyone actually successfully stuck to one through the whole year?

I often am good for the first month or so and then kind of let things slide back to where they were.

I was watching the news tonight and they were asking people at a mall or something what their resolutions were. One elderly lady said hers was to "stay alive". I have officially adopted that as mine and I'm hoping I can stick with it all year! lol

Comment

Originally posted by mrguy View Post
      Has anyone actually successfully stuck to one through the whole year?

I often am good for the first month or so and then kind of let things slide back to where they were.
      Mine last year was to work less. I thought it would be tough but I managed to do it!!!!

Comment

My big one was quitting smoking Jan 1 1992. Still going strong 27 years later!

Comment

Originally posted by hihocarp View Post
          Good for you! That is awesome

Comment

Good for you.

Comment

On Jan 1/78 I made a new years revolution to quit smoking. At that time I had smoked around 15 or so years. I was finally successful......March 14, 2007!
              ZC gets another chance to feed cram sammiches!

Comment

Every year I make a resolution to quit procrastinating but I always put it off.

Happy New Year Saskatchewan Rider fans.

Comment

Originally posted by mrguy View Post

Good for you! That is awesome
                  Ha! Totally read it the other way. Was gonna say "me too!"

Comment

Get off of sleep aids. Broke my arms Jan 9, 2017 and initially because of pain and being a ****ty sleeper, i used sleep aids to get sleep, now I want to get off of them. Started 2 nights ago, night 1 was not good, last night i did see the back of my eyelids.

decided in March to get in better shape and that has gone well. Purchased a bowflex max trainer and am down in weight, put on muscle and feel way better. I don't really do "new years" resolutions, when I decide to do something I have generally been quite successful. Here's hoping for sleep.
                    Last edited by AngryAccountant; 01-01-2019, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mallard View Post

On Jan 1/78 I made a new years revolution to quit smoking. At that time I had smoked around 15 or so years. I was finally successful......March 14, 2007!
                      Thatís great!! Happy New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by AngryAccountant View Post
                        Get off of sleep aids. Broke my arms Jan 9, 2017 and initially because of pain and being a ****ty sleeper, i used sleep aids to get sleep, now I want to get off of them. Started 2 nights ago, night 1 was not good, last night i did see the back of my eyelids.

decided in March to get in better shape and that has gone well. Purchased a bowflex max trainer and am down in weight, put on muscle and feel way better. I don't really do "new years" resolutions, when I decide to do something I have generally been quite successful. Here's hoping for sleep.
                        Those things should be outlawed. I wen't through the same thing several years ago after a surgery. It's a viscous cycle, when you start using them you can't sleep without them. Only advice I have is just gut it out. It took me about a week with almost 0 sleep to get off them but I did and you can too.

Just curious if you want to share, if not that is ok. How did you break both your arms at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Those things should be outlawed. I wen't through the same thing several years ago after a surgery. It's a viscous cycle, when you start using them you can't sleep without them. Only advice I have is just gut it out. It took me about a week with almost 0 sleep to get off them but I did and you can too.

Just curious if you want to share, if not that is ok. How did you break both your arms at the same time?
                          Ha... playing flag football. .... smoked a wall running flat out at a pependucial angle, second play of the season @ Stoon sasktel soccer centre. There's a bunch more to the story... but my thumbs would get sore. Lol

I'm ok with the sleep aids, i've kicked then one before. Ya and it took me a week or so. I just got lazy. I will still need them at times.
                          Last edited by AngryAccountant; 01-01-2019, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Yup few years back stuck to it and lost around 85lbs over 10 months or so. Which has sadly slowly crept back due to old habits dying hard .

This year we are trying again!! Also going for more sleep and less time spent at the office/procrastinating in general!!

Will see how it goes!

Comment

I am not a big into resolutions.
                              One I am proud of is to use the lip balm till it is over. I used to loose it so often, maybe once a month or less than that, I decided one year (2010) to use till then end of it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X