Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nvidia Shield Android Box

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia Shield Android Box

hey guys. So I got one of these boxes for Christmas and I have no idea how the hell im going to get CFL games on it. Some odd reason I canít download the TSN Go app in the google play store.

anyone have any experience with android boxes?

Iím using a IPTV Subscription to access TSN on the Shield. By the way, totally love the Nvidia Shield. By far the best streamer out there. Once you figure out how to load apps onto it youíll see what I mean. Google and YouTube are your friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
      Iím using a IPTV Subscription to access TSN on the Shield. By the way, totally love the Nvidia Shield. By far the best streamer out there. Once you figure out how to load apps onto it youíll see what I mean. Google and YouTube are your friends.
      So Iím assuming Google Play store is not the only way to download apps lol? So far I wasnít impressed but Iím also not knowledgeable on these boxes at all.

Comment

Originally posted by KlutcH View Post

So Iím assuming Google Play store is not the only way to download apps lol? So far I wasnít impressed but Iím also not knowledgeable on these boxes at all.
        They're apparently the Cadillac of Android TV boxes. I bought a Chinese no name Android box a couple of days ago off of Amazon. Trying to get into the streaming thing nowadays as the daughter is older now and has no problem navigating electronics and stuff.

Comment

Has anybody figured out that Plex server thing?
          Also does anybody have an external HD hooked up to their Shield?

Comment

Only a small amount of apps can be downloaded from Google play store. Systems running Android like the Shield can also download a APK files from google chrome. APKtime is good app to download, ES FILE Explorer is another. Get yourself a wireless USB keyboard for downloading stuff to the Shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Fizz View Post
              I have a HD Homerun device connected to my router. Itís connected to an external antenna so I can get local stuff. You then have to install the HD Homerun app on your Shield. Thatís where you watch your local channels. I believe Plex kinda does the same thing.

Comment

Are there other ways of getting 4K content in Sask other than the AppleTV 4k? i have a 4K tv but have never actually seen that resolution on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post

Only a small amount of apps can be downloaded from Google play store. Systems running Android like the Shield can also download a APK files from google chrome. APKtime is good app to download, ES FILE Explorer is another. Get yourself a wireless USB keyboard for downloading stuff to the Shield.
                  So how do I download google chrome on my Shield?

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post
                    Are there other ways of getting 4K content in Sask other than the AppleTV 4k? i have a 4K tv but have never actually seen that resolution on it.
                    Your 4K TV isn't a smart TV? There should be 4K apps on it if it is. Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. Not sure why you think Apple is the only way?

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post

Your 4K TV isn't a smart TV? There should be 4K apps on it if it is. Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. Not sure why you think Apple is the only way?
                      I was thinking more of regular TV content I guess. CTV and american networks and stuff.

Comment

So how do I download google chrome on my Shield?
                        Your remote has a mic button, make sure your on the main page ( or say go to home page), then say download Google chrome or even try saying download tsn go ( not sure if the later will work)

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

I was thinking more of regular TV content I guess. CTV and american networks and stuff.
                          The Nvidia Shield is 4K. IPTV sub is the way to go for watching Canadian/ US content.

Comment

How many networks actually broadcast or have 4K content?

Comment

Originally posted by Fizz View Post
                              Yes, I run a Plex server at home. I absolutely love it. I've had it for 3-4 years now.

It's great for organizing and streaming your content (legal or pirated) to different devices. The Plex app is fantastic on ROKU devices, and great on Android iOS devices as well.

PM me if you have any specific questions.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X