Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Seasonal Camping in Saskatchewan - Rate Increase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Seasonal Camping in Saskatchewan - Rate Increase

Announced today that cost for seasonals are going to $2600 a year! Getting pretty steep. Does anyone know what private sites cost? May look into other options this year. Also, on a plus side perhaps, they are doing away with the lottery system, and pushing application dates back to April.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4769605/f...vincial-parks/

Our site out at Wakaw is $2,450 and includes water and sewer, we are billed for our electricity usage once a year.

Comment

Yikes, that's steep.

Comment

Originally posted by green_machine_#1 View Post
        Yikes, that's steep.
        Yes, very. Last year was $2100 I think and the year before that $1900 or so? That's a 30% increase over 2-3 years. Ouch.

Comment

Supply and demand?

I have a modest cabin and in electricity, taxes and local beach fees its over $2500 for basically the same usage

Comment

Originally posted by DownTownBrown View Post
            Announced today that cost for seasonals are going to $2600 a year! Getting pretty steep. Does anyone know what private sites cost? May look into other options this year. Also, on a plus side perhaps, they are doing away with the lottery system, and pushing application dates back to April.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4769605/f...vincial-parks/
            Have you ever been part of booking a site in April that's not seasonal? There a million complaints with that system and now they are going to it for seasonal.

Combine that with the 25% in fees and I anticipate those poor parks staff are going to have a stressful year.

Comment

For a government who's rallying point was the weenie roast tax years ago, they sure make camping expensive. Our provincial parks are nice, though.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                For a government who's rallying point was the weenie roast tax years ago, they sure make camping expensive. Our provincial parks are nice, though.
                Yes, especially compared to our neighbors (Manitoba) who cap out at less than $1200.

Comment

Originally posted by CanuckRider View Post

Have you ever been part of booking a site in April that's not seasonal? There a million complaints with that system and now they are going to it for seasonal.

Combine that with the 25% in fees and I anticipate those poor parks staff are going to have a stressful year.
                  Its going to be a straight-up gong show ...

Comment

Holy...I remember it being $1.00 a night...yikes am I that old?

Comment

Once you get there through some atrocious roads.

Comment

The weenie roast tax was stupid. If you need more money to operate a park, just charge more total.

Comment

Originally posted by Proudtobegreen View Post

The weenie roast tax was stupid. If you need more money to operate a park, just charge more total.
                          Here's the thing, they don't need more money. The parks don't lose money. It's a cash grab. And not one cent of the fee increases will go back to the parks you can almost rest assured of that.

Comment

Originally posted by CanuckRider View Post

Here's the thing, they don't need more money. The parks don't lose money. It's a cash grab. And not one cent of the fee increases will go back to the parks you can almost rest assured of that.
                            I won’t say you are wrong but you have no way of knowing that. Everything costs a lot of money and if you want to maintain parks or upgrade them it is expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostrider View Post

I won’t say you are wrong but you have no way of knowing that. Everything costs a lot of money and if you want to maintain parks or upgrade them it is expensive.
                              Actually, I know exactly that. And I'll even go one step further and say the Ministry was only recommending changes to the application system, not fee increases. That was solely a decision of Cabinet. Times must be tougher than I thought.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X