Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A member of our Riderfans community has passed away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A member of our Riderfans community has passed away

I'm sure many of you have conversed with him over Rider football, but ROTFLMAO also known as Brad Maurer has passed away. He will be missed. I always enjoyed talking with him over football or other subjects. Godspeed Brad.

Brad was a nice guy, did a few football road trips with him, will definitely miss him.

Comment

Damn. I saw on Twitter that he was missing. Didn't know he was ROFLMAO. Very sad news.
      Is it May yet?

Comment

I was waiting for this thread to pop up since I found out this morning.

Brad was a really good guy, and someone I considered to be a true friend,
        I'll really miss him

RIP Behaving Bradley, aka ROTFLMAO.

Comment

He was a good guy. Pissed me off sometimes though. Glad that the last time I saw him we shook hands, had a little hug and a laugh. Gonna miss him telling us every time he showed up at the tailgate that he met his wife there, "Right on your lawn Ricky"

Comment

Bradley was a good guy. Helped him get his book printed about 10 years ago and recall him calling me regularly at 7 AM. I will miss him and hope he is at peace. .

Comment

That sucks. Never knew him outside of here, but nevertheless. RIP

Comment

Damn. RIP.

Comment

Wow. He and I didn't always agree on here but we had some nice interactions over PM.

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Renegade44 View Post
                    I'm sure many of you have conversed with him over Rider football, but ROTFLMAO also known as Brad Maurer has passed away. He will be missed. I always enjoyed talking with him over football or other subjects. Godspeed Brad.
                    Oh no! That's awful news. I met Brad once as he was picking up some game tickets from me. Very nice and enthusiastic man. He had an off-the-wall posting style that I didn't always fully appreciate, but it was often entertaining.

He will be missed around here. Condolences to his family and friends, and resp in peace Brad.

Comment

I googled his name to see if there was an Obituary post up yet, and came across this 2008 article from Rob Vanstone after the comeback banjo bowl win that year, Bradley is quoted:

The classic comeback — not the best in Roughriders history, but in the upper echelon — incited bedlam in the Rider Nation. That was apparent Sunday night at Regina International Airport, where the team was greeted by approximately 50 admirers.
                      “I came in from Melville to meet them,’’ Brad Maurer said. “All it cost me is gas. I’ve spent $40 on stupider things.
                      “I decided, ‘Why not do something silly?’ ’’
                      Silly season has arrived. Football generally becomes more compelling, and more serious, during the second half of the season.
                      What a great fan!

https://leaderpost.com/sports/footba...me-a-blog-item

Comment

Condolences to his family and friends
                        Simply amazing Riders...Simply...Facking...Amazing!

Comment

I hadn't even met him and he offered to come see me in the hospital when I was sick...then I met him and what a great jovial guy....always bugged him about all his posts online and inperson...he was very passionate about his work as I got to know him better through same employer for some time...
                          RIP Behaving Bradley aka ROFLMAO

Comment

Brad was a good guy with an eccentric personality. I had the pleasure of meeting him many times over the years. Rest easy, Brad.

Comment

RIP Brad.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X