Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Land access regulations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJR View Post

Then what? Ticket? Will the pic have enough resolution to positively ID who was driving, license plate etc? Do you want to spend time in court because someone drove across your field? As I said I struggle to see the real world application of this.
    I have not heard what the penalties will be. You just have to drive right up the the vehicle and snap a pic. What is your answer to the thieving ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grainshoveler View Post

I have not heard what the penalties will be. You just have to drive right up the the vehicle and snap a pic. What is your answer to the thieving ?
      Stealing is illegal with or without this law.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenius View Post

Think of it as a padlock. It only keeps out honest thieves.
        LOL, kinda yes.

Comment

Stealing is illegal with or without this law.
          Hard to prove unless you catch dude with hose in fuel tank. Now you just have to catch dude on your property.

Comment

Hard to prove unless you catch dude with hose in fuel tank. Now you just have to catch dude on your property.
            To give him a trespassing... ticket? I dunno. Whatís the charge for trespassing?

Comment

What would they be charged with, trespassing?

Comment

• Originally posted by squish View Post

To give him a trespassing... ticket? I dunno. Whatís the charge for trespassing?
                Currently itís a max of $2000 but will be increased to a max of $5000 under the new law.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poley For PM View Post

Currently itís a max of $2000 but will be increased to a max of $5000 under the new law.
                  Something is wildly out of proportion with this law. $5000? Elk poaching is rather common around here and they can't stop that. Not sure how dedicated they will be to keeping people off my land.

Comment

• Originally posted by drysaddle View Post

What would they be charged with, trespassing?
                    I would assume so.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenius View Post

Think of it as a padlock. It only keeps out honest thieves.
                      Not really. It closes some of the potential loopholes that abusers could claim in defense or which placed limits on law enforcement or landowners doing their own enforcement slash vigilantism, (depending on your personal stance)

It's a bit dicey but as policy it has the benefit of sounding like common sense to casual observers but also sounding directly responsive to SaskParty base. I'll commend whoever came up with it from that perspective as each camp will probably hear what they want to hear.

Comment

• I'm two generations removed from farming. Been a city dweller my whole life. Only started hunting about 4 years ago. This legislation changed nothing for me. I have always sought permission prior to hunting on any field. As have those I hunt with. Someone always gets permission or we don't hunt. Period.

I have been told no by multiple landowners, have thanked them for taking the time to talk to me, & I moved on. All have their own reasons for saying no, sometimes as simple as they have already given someone else permission, sometimes it was a bad experience, unfortunately, with past hunters. It is their land & their right. Period.

Those that give permission are always thanked. Rules are followed. We respect the landowners wishes and leave the land as we find it.

Have only had one close call but it wasn't with a landowner but their dog. Dog was friendly enough... until I approached the house. Freaking awesome guard dog IMO. Took me twenty mins to get back into my truck without getting attacked or hurting the farmer's dog. All because no one was home. I'm a lot more careful now if there's a loose dog & no outside activity or inside visible movement.

When I scout or seek permission, there's very, very, rarely a gun in the truck & the once or twice there was, it was always out of site, out of reach, in a case, unloaded, & locked. At the best of times I've been told I can be intimidating so I always make sure I am approachable & portray friendliness. It's a matter of respect. It's the same I expect when someone knocks on my door in the city, whether selling something or not. Respect & courtesy goes a long way.

I fully support the legislation to require permission. Anyone that can't, won't, or couldn't be bothered to, get permission from a landowner shouldn't be anywhere near a gun or be allowed to hunt.

Comment

I have never posted my land and never will. Too many damn critters that need to be culled. One thing i wonder is alot of land just has a numbered corp on the map. Used to be every 1/4 had a name on it. Lot harder to ask permission .
                          I'm an landscape photographer who will also shoot (with a camera) wildlife if the opportunity presents. I've used RM maps to seek out owners of properties with photographic potential, and yes, there are a lot of numbered corporations shown as owners on the maps. I like the idea of phone numbers listed on signs, and I like the idea of an app that would connect hunters/photographers with land owners. I think, though, that it would be a lot of work to compile the information, and keep it up to date.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wheatboy View Post
                            I'm two generations removed from farming. Been a city dweller my whole life. Only started hunting about 4 years ago. This legislation changed nothing for me. I have always sought permission prior to hunting on any field. As have those I hunt with. Someone always gets permission or we don't hunt. Period.

I have been told no by multiple landowners, have thanked them for taking the time to talk to me, & I moved on. All have their own reasons for saying no, sometimes as simple as they have already given someone else permission, sometimes it was a bad experience, unfortunately, with past hunters. It is their land & their right. Period.

Those that give permission are always thanked. Rules are followed. We respect the landowners wishes and leave the land as we find it.

Have only had one close call but it wasn't with a landowner but their dog. Dog was friendly enough... until I approached the house. Freaking awesome guard dog IMO. Took me twenty mins to get back into my truck without getting attacked or hurting the farmer's dog. All because no one was home. I'm a lot more careful now if there's a loose dog & no outside activity or inside visible movement.

When I scout or seek permission, there's very, very, rarely a gun in the truck & the once or twice there was, it was always out of site, out of reach, in a case, unloaded, & locked. At the best of times I've been told I can be intimidating so I always make sure I am approachable & portray friendliness. It's a matter of respect. It's the same I expect when someone knocks on my door in the city, whether selling something or not. Respect & courtesy goes a long way.

I fully support the legislation to require permission. Anyone that can't, won't, or couldn't be bothered to, get permission from a landowner shouldn't be anywhere near a gun or be allowed to hunt.
                            When you wound an animal and need to track it?

Comment

• DJR, you still need permission to go on "posted" land.

Comment

When you wound an animal and need to track it?
                                Use common sense and go and track it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X