Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgusting - needles at McD Dewdney and Albert

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disgusting - needles at McD Dewdney and Albert

    Disgusting - needles at McD Dewdney and Albert

    I seldom go there, but will not go again.

    What a scummy endorsement. It is a piggy environment.

  • #2
    Shows that city needs to make some safe injection sites.

    Comment


    • #3
      Sounds like someone vandalized the needle bin in the bathroom, something wrong with people that they would do that, someone has to clean it up and they put others at risk, and its not like there is any value in what's in that bin.

      Comment


      • #4
        Love that place. Anytime we are going to watch Rider practice, my buddy and I start there for breakfast and a show.
        Is it May yet?

        Comment


        • #5
          Drugs are bad mmmkay? It's sad someone was that desperate they decided to vandalize the sharps container. I sure as heck hope it wasn't a McDonald's employee who had to clean it up!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bignorm View Post
            Sounds like someone vandalized the needle bin in the bathroom, something wrong with people that they would do that, someone has to clean it up and they put others at risk, and its not like there is any value in what's in that bin.
            A needle bin at Mc D? I would be running out with my hair on fire. I'd sooner pee my pants than go in such a washroom.

            Comment


            • #7
              I would rather have them in a McDonalds bathroom (albeit in a non-vandalized needle bin) than laying in the street. I am guessing the hazard handlers they contract probably aren't doing daily empties there. this was probably a end of week supply or something and someone was an idiot

              And I have been in that McDonalds a lot. While, like someone said, it can be an entertaining show I have never felt it was a hazardous enviorment, either physically or hygienically

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Buddahboy View Post
                I would rather have them in a McDonalds bathroom (albeit in a non-vandalized needle bin) than laying in the street. I am guessing the hazard handlers they contract probably aren't doing daily empties there. this was probably a end of week supply or something and someone was an idiot

                And I have been in that McDonalds a lot. While, like someone said, it can be an entertaining show I have never felt it was a hazardous enviorment, either physically or hygienically
                The article says they are going to change from monthly pick-up to bi-weekly.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Can they not have a bin affixed to the wall that is vandal proof?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    According to Ian Harrison, acting manager of environmental public health, needle disposal boxes will be emptied more frequently in the future every two weeks, instead of monthly.

                    The boxes will also be made more resistant to tampering, he said.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      So that was potentially a month's worth of needles dumped out. Considering McD's bathrooms get checked, what, probably hourly, someone came in and made a huge mess and left. This doesn't seem like the usual state of that bathroom.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Poppy View Post
                        Drugs are bad mmmkay? It's sad someone was that desperate they decided to vandalize the sharps container. I sure as heck hope it wasn't a McDonald's employee who had to clean it up!
                        One article I read said the fire department didn't clean it up because employees at McDonalds already had or something along those lines. No way I would do it without proper equipment.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sprout View Post
                          Disgusting - needles at McD Dewdney and Albert

                          I seldom go there, but will not go again.

                          What a scummy endorsement. It is a piggy environment.
                          Not the restaurant's fault that some asshat smashed it open, by all accounts the establishment handled it glowingly, and followed all public health procedures in dealing with it, and the subsequent clenaup

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            That McDonalds has been trash since I can ever remember.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sprout View Post

                              A needle bin at Mc D? I would be running out with my hair on fire. I'd sooner pee my pants than go in such a washroom.
                              There are needle bins at tons of places in the city - they are all over the uni - they are meant for legit things like diabetes. not drugs - you will be peeing your pants lots because they are all over the place

                              Comment

                              Announcement

                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

                              Announcement

                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X