Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermostat settings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything in my apartment is electric: appliances, washer/dryer, hot water heater, baseboard heaters. So, I don't have a non-electric option. I am going to try my space heater in lieu of the main baseboard heater for the next while to see how much of a difference it makes on my next bill. I already keep my place colder than most people are comfortable with. I actually like it cooler. Fortunately, the apartment and the building seem to be well insulated with good windows, etc, so it doesn't ever get crazy cold inside.

Somebody in my neighbourhood has a wood-burning fireplace and I'm very jealous. I know they can be dangerous, and not super efficient, but they sure do smell good.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Mega View Post

Somebody in my neighbourhood has a wood-burning fireplace and I'm very jealous. I know they can be dangerous, and not super efficient, but they sure do smell good.
      I have a neighbour with a wood burning fireplace and it does smell nice when you step outside on a cold morning. I have another neighbour with a wood burning stove to heat his garage/workshop and a couple times a month he burns his combustible garbage, plastic, styrofoam etc. and he stinks up the whole neighbourhood, even during the summer.

Comment

I have a wood burning fireplace and have not used it for 10 years. Why?

A fake log exploded inside it. I had glass doors but no screen. It scared the crap out of me and I decided that, lacking a hairy chested macho man, no way was fragile me going to do sweet tweet with logs in a fire place ever again. Outside maybe. Inside, no way.

Comment

In honour of SofaKing I'll tell a thermostat story. I was in Saskatoon for Christmas and flew back to AZ this week. Had the air/hear system turned off in AZ house while I was gone. Arrived in the evening to a 59 degree house and set temp to 68 as it was almost bedtime and I wanted a nice cold sleep. Well apparently I didn't press permanent hold and at midnight it resumed cycle of 40. I woke at about 6 shivering and like an ice chunk with the room at 56 degrees!!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X