Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regina Good Places to Eat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by pappcam View Post

    Looks like it's happening now.
    We should probably add bars as well, after the way that discussion turned.
    Is it May yet?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

      But they have non stop pop! Damn well better be for 3 or 4 bucks. We drink nothing but water in there.
      Is there anywhere that doesn't have free refills on pop? Isn't that a Europe thing.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by tommy_boy View Post

        Is there anywhere that doesn't have free refills on pop? Isn't that a Europe thing.
        Don't know tbh, when I order it at other places I hardly get through a glass.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

          Don't know tbh, when I order it at other places I hardly get through a glass.
          after a daytime rider game we would go play football and head to BP to order a few pies and gulp pitchers of ice tea or pop

          Comment


          • What's a good place in the south end to take a group of out-of-towners including one vegetarian?
            Is it May yet?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by juice View Post
              What's a good place in the south end to take a group of out-of-towners including one vegetarian?
              The Cottage

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bigmac View Post

                The Cottage
                seconded

                Comment


                • Anyone been to that rebranded Tommyís Speakeatery? Itís on Regina Ave and Montague St I believe.

                  We went there last week and quite enjoyed it. Good vibe, some nice TVís to watch the game on and service was great. Seems like a pretty good local spot with decent prices.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
                    Anyone been to that rebranded Tommyís Speakeatery? Itís on Regina Ave and Montague St I believe.

                    We went there last week and quite enjoyed it. Good vibe, some nice TVís to watch the game on and service was great. Seems like a pretty good local spot with decent prices.
                    So it is the old Chimney? Did the owners change or did they start to actually give a ****?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Tyree View Post

                      So it is the old Chimney? Did the owners change or did they start to actually give a ****?
                      I think itís new ownership but I could be wrong. Full disclosure though I never went to the Chimney.

                      i like the location as I live in Cathedral and can just walk through the park for about a 20 min walk. Food was good, drink prices were good and service was good BUT itís the only visit Iíve had and it was pretty quiet in there on a Wednesday night. Seems like a good lounge though.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post

                        I think itís new ownership but I could be wrong. Full disclosure though I never went to the Chimney.

                        i like the location as I live in Cathedral and can just walk through the park for about a 20 min walk. Food was good, drink prices were good and service was good BUT itís the only visit Iíve had and it was pretty quiet in there on a Wednesday night. Seems like a good lounge though.
                        I had wondered where this place was as I had seen signs for it when driving around town but I could never look long enough to see if there was an address associated with it. I hope it is someone new with some drive and ambition.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post
                          I hope a Shoeless Joe's comes to Regina. As far as franchise food goes, they are solid. Really good burgers and the chicken cordon bleu is solid. I have tried a few things from bowls the burgers there and not been disappointed. I am not a massive franchise food fan, because it often has a generic mass produced feel and taste to it, but there are good franchises. The great thing about franchises is that you have a pretty solid idea of what you are getting when you are in a new place.
                          The Shoeless Joe's in Saskatoon started off great. We would go quite often. Then they went artsy fartsy with their menu and we rarely go now. You wouldn't think a place named Shoeless Joe's would be hipster dipster but they are .
                          Never let facts get in the way of a good story.

                          Comment


                          • The Diplomat is having a 40th anniversary and are offering a 4 course meal for $40.00.
                            Click on "Click Here" for details.
                            http://thediplomatsteakhouse.com/

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ONE ARMED BANDIT View Post
                              The Diplomat is having a 40th anniversary and are offering a 4 course meal for $40.00.
                              Click on "Click Here" for details.
                              http://thediplomatsteakhouse.com/
                              Love this deal. They do it every year, last year was $39.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by juice View Post
                                What's a good place in the south end to take a group of out-of-towners including one vegetarian?
                                Chop is nice and I believe has some veggy options.

                                Comment

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X