Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regina Good Places to Eat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regina Good Places to Eat

I visited the old thread often since it was good to see what experiences people had around Regina at some good food places. Let's continue the discussion.

One of my favorites (Bocados) closed. They claimed to be the only place in Regina that made their own pasta, is that true?

Comment

I always love these threads! On my list:
      chachalacas mexican cuisine
      Milu Fresh rolls
      Bomb Korean
      The Meating Room
      Prairie Donair
      Coney Island Poutine
      Ugly Mug Cafe in Regina Beach

Comment

For sandwiches, the discussion starts and ends with Italian Star Deli.

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy Pop View Post
          For sandwiches, the discussion starts and ends with Italian Star Deli.
          They are very good, I like the HOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post
            One of my favorites (Bocados) closed. They claimed to be the only place in Regina that made their own pasta, is that true?
            True. The server told us that some of the cooks from Pasta Prima moved over there after it closed. The Fettuccine Alfredo tasted exactly the same to us. Pasta Prima used to be our favorite place. Loved their chicken parmesan...havent been able to find anything close to it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac View Post

True. The server told us that some of the cooks from Pasta Prima moved over there after it closed. The Fettuccine Alfredo tasted exactly the same to us. Pasta Prima used to be our favorite place. Loved their chicken parmesan...havent been able to find anything close to it yet.
              I ate at Bocados probably a dozen times. Too bad it closed, the food and service were always excellent but the place was almost always empty whenever I went yet a place like Boston Pizza is crammed?

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

I ate at Bocados probably a dozen times. Too bad it closed, the food and service were always excellent but the place was almost always empty whenever I went yet a place like Boston Pizza is crammed?
                I don't get it either. I haven't stepped foot in a BP or other chain restaurant in a long time...Our go to place lately is 9th Ave N Western Pizza. Have never had a bad meal there and the prices/portions are great.

I'd also put Bushwakker up there too. Great food and beer.

Comment

I don't get it either. I haven't stepped foot in a BP or other chain restaurant in a long time...Our go to place lately is 9th Ave N Western Pizza. Have never had a bad meal there and the prices/portions are great.

A little story about Genie and Johnny at 9th Ave N Western Pizza. When I was sick in the hospital, Genie would send a bowl of soup for me up to the hospital with my sisters because she knew that I loved soup. The first time I was in the restaurant after being hospitalized, I went up to the til to pay and she wouldn't let me. It was the same thing the first time my wife went there after her accident. Beautiful, decent people.

Comment

• Sofaking
                    Sofaking commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I know where I am going next for a restaurant meal.

• #1Fan
                    #1Fan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Genie and Johnny are great people. I hounded them for years to start selling their ceasar dressing and house sauce because I couldn't get enough of it. Low and behold, I was paying for my meal a month or so ago and saw the cooler at the front, full of bottles of dressing, sauce, etc.

Western 9th Ave North is a great place!

Originally posted by Quadman750 View Post

They are very good, I like the HOT.
                  I love the hot ones too, but for some reason, man those sandwiches don't like me. It starts with heartburn all afternoon, then some time in the evening I've got a full Johnny Cash concert going in the bathroom. I think its those vinegar peppers or whatever they call them that go on the hot ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

A little story about Genie and Johnny at 9th Ave N Western Pizza. When I was sick in the hospital, Genie would send a bowl of soup for me up to the hospital with my sisters because she knew that I loved soup. The first time I was in the restaurant after being hospitalized, I went up to the til to pay and she wouldn't let me. It was the same thing the first time my wife went there after her accident. Beautiful, decent people.
                    That is awesome and doesn't surprise me one bit. They are always very friendly to us. Getting a craving now for their steak sub...mmmm

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post

I love the hot ones too, but for some reason, man those sandwiches don't like me. It starts with heartburn all afternoon, then some time in the evening I've got a full Johnny Cash concert going in the bathroom. I think its those vinegar peppers or whatever they call them that go on the hot ones.
                      LOL. Exact same thing happens to me (minus the heartburn). Tried a medium one last time and same thing. Time to go mild I guess

Comment

I second this. It is our go to as well.

Comment

Originally posted by zero44 View Post
                          I always love these threads! On my list:
                          chachalacas mexican cuisine
                          Milu Fresh rolls
                          Bomb Korean
                          The Meating Room
                          Prairie Donair
                          Coney Island Poutine
                          Ugly Mug Cafe in Regina Beach
                          How was the food there? It is someplace that I would like to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post

How was the food there? It is someplace that I would like to try.
                            loved it! the purists probably dont consider it 'traditional' enough. but i found it very authentic and delish! decent price for a good serving size

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X