Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vancouver police officers facing Cuban "justice"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by squish View Post

I demand they investigate it. But if girls are accusing him, my first thought would be... "what did you do?" because these things so rarely come out of thin air.

But I will add, he is being raised in a family that is entirely intolerant of treating women without respect, which means he knows thats its no longer a thing to see how far you can go with a drunk girl, or just the notion of "conquering" women is gone. Treat women respectfully, and they won't ever feel the need to bring accusations, false or otherwise, against you.

I admit that the tone of the original article has affected my opinion of this case. A former policeman, sticking up for "his boys" who were clearly doing nothing wrong, because why would they? The girl was heavy set after all. "The boys" would never go for that kind of thing while having a few cold drinks in Cuba. Leaves me with a very poor impression of the author, and "the boys" he's defending.

Why would I believe a 17 year old girl over a couple of cops? Whose got more to lose?
    I was initially on this point, but the rest of the story doesn't seem to hold up to me from her side.

In any case, here are his two follow up articles which are in just as angry of a tone. Believe what you will.

https://leoknight.wordpress.com/2018...angaroo-court/

https://leoknight.wordpress.com/2018...free-to-leave/

Comment

I demand they investigate it. But if girls are accusing him, my first thought would be... "what did you do?" because these things so rarely come out of thin air.

But I will add, he is being raised in a family that is entirely intolerant of treating women without respect, which means he knows thats its no longer a thing to see how far you can go with a drunk girl, or just the notion of "conquering" women is gone. Treat women respectfully, and they won't ever feel the need to bring accusations, false or otherwise, against you.

I admit that the tone of the original article has affected my opinion of this case. A former policeman, sticking up for "his boys" who were clearly doing nothing wrong, because why would they? The girl was heavy set after all. "The boys" would never go for that kind of thing while having a few cold drinks in Cuba. Leaves me with a very poor impression of the author, and "the boys" he's defending.

Why would I believe a 17 year old girl over a couple of cops? Whose got more to lose?
      Why would you demand an investigation? Afterall why would the girl go through the embarrassment of accusing your son to lie about it?

The rest of this post is so bizarre I won't bother to comment on it
      Last edited by The_G; 11-19-2018, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• When I am on this forum, I often think there is a lack of reading comprehension.

CH initial article posted in the thread was a brutal article and referring to the two, adult males as “the boys” was far from stellar journalism.

There is never any mention of the 17 year old female’s parents and I would venture to guess they were not there. It is COMMON for grade 12 students to take unaccompanied trips. This incident happened in March, likely March break that happens almost everywhere else but Saskatchewan. I would again guess that she was there just with friends or possibly on a school trip and was being “supervised” by a teacher. Often in these school trips the supervising teach travels for free or for very little expense, depending on the number of paying students they can get to come on the trip.
        This is completely my opinion, I think the 17 year old told someone what she did and someone else insisted it was reported. I would bet she was “slut shamed” and then there was a lot of fallout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pridealways View Post
          When I am on this forum, I often think there is a lack of reading comprehension.

CH initial article posted in the thread was a brutal article and referring to the two, adult males as “the boys” was far from stellar journalism.

There is never any mention of the 17 year old female’s parents and I would venture to guess they were not there. It is COMMON for grade 12 students to take unaccompanied trips. This incident happened in March, likely March break that happens almost everywhere else but Saskatchewan. I would again guess that she was there just with friends or possibly on a school trip and was being “supervised” by a teacher. Often in these school trips the supervising teach travels for free or for very little expense, depending on the number of paying students they can get to come on the trip.
          This is completely my opinion, I think the 17 year old told someone what she did and someone else insisted it was reported. I would bet she was “slut shamed” and then there was a lot of fallout.
          Reminds me of a local happening a few years ago. School canoe trip, a girl known for being willing, gets her some one night. At the wind up party, some girls are talking about it, and her parents overheard. Rather than admit the truth, she played the rape card. Nothing came of it, other than the boy had a couple of months of hell to live through. Oh ya, and no more school canoe trips for our school.

Comment

When I am on this forum, I often think there is a lack of reading comprehension.

Take a quick look at the Twitter account associated to that site and you'll see what they're all about. Faith Goldy and MAGA.

Comment

• Here's a story today about a teenager lying regarding sexual assault(or at the very least had a story with some lies in it):

https://thestarphoenix.com/news/crim...3-8e39ec21dbd2

Point being, it happens. Glad they thoroughly investigated, although it's frustrating a man had his life thrown into turmoil for two years because of it.

Comment

Sure...

Originally posted by squish View Post

I think I gotta sum it up with "the women". Hoy-vey have you walked around downtown Montreal ever?

Comment

I read through the article linked in the original post. It mentions they were at a resort. When I owned a travel agency, all-inclusive resorts used to have a rule that guests under 18 could not book a room by themselves, or without an adult in that room. So, if this was an all-inclusive resort (which seems likely given the reference to a Sunwing rep in the article), my question is how did this 17-year-old book her trip? Who was with her for her to be able to take this trip. I was not aware of any all-inclusive resort that would take bookings for a group of unsupervised kids.

I'm not taking sides by asking this question. I'm honestly just curious because of my past life in the travel industry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Mega View Post

I read through the article linked in the original post. It mentions they were at a resort. When I owned a travel agency, all-inclusive resorts used to have a rule that guests under 18 could not book a room by themselves, or without an adult in that room. So, if this was an all-inclusive resort (which seems likely given the reference to a Sunwing rep in the article), my question is how did this 17-year-old book her trip? Who was with her for her to be able to take this trip. I was not aware of any all-inclusive resort that would take bookings for a group of unsupervised kids.

I'm not taking sides by asking this question. I'm honestly just curious because of my past life in the travel industry.
                    Maybe she was the youngest in a group of adult aged students.

Comment

• Originally posted by jenius View Post

Maybe she was the youngest in a group of adult aged students.
                      That's the only thing that makes sense if her parents weren't on the trip with her.

Comment

• They're back.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/two-b-...-say-1.4242051

Comment

• Guess the boys dont fit the stats. Not saying their guilty, but it fits the trend.

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/vic...exual-violence

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/cri...ustice-system0

ONE in ten get an acual conviction in our country:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...ticle36731269/

Comment

• Originally posted by dodgeandburn View Post
                            Guess the boys dont fit the stats. Not saying their guilty, but it fits the trend.

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/vic...exual-violence

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/cri...ustice-system0

ONE in ten get an acual conviction in our country:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...ticle36731269/
                            Not sure I follow your train of thought.

Comment

I'm glad about that.

Comment

Job retraining?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse