Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vancouver police officers facing Cuban "justice"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vancouver police officers facing Cuban "justice"

This is such a travesty.

https://leoknight.wordpress.com/2018...n-living-hell/

Sure makes you think. Fed gov't is all up in arms over someone held in jail in Saudi Arabia but these guys have been stuck in Cuba for over 6 months and crickets from Ottawa.

Terrible situation for those guys, very unfortunate they let that woman in their room if they weren’t interested in her.

Comment

The "journalist" lost me and all credibility at the first mention of "the boys".....

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac View Post
        The "journalist" lost me and all credibility at the first mention of "the boys".....
        That article is atrocious.

Comment

That's what you got from the article? Sheesh. They've been stranded in Cuba for over 6 months and still no charges.

Here's another link. Perhaps this one will be more to your liking.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...tion-1.4810483

Comment

Originally posted by coralharbour View Post

That's what you got from the article? Sheesh. They've been stranded in Cuba for over 6 months and still no charges.

Here's another link. Perhaps this one will be more to your liking.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...tion-1.4810483
            Well this article is almost like a completely different story. A 17 year old girl from Ontario, yeesh..

Comment

Originally posted by drysaddle View Post

Well this article is almost like a completely different story. A 17 year old girl from Ontario, yeesh..
              Yeah... So the article he linked says the following

The government of Canada's travel advisory page for Cuba says that the criminal justice system in the country "differs significantly" from that of Canada.

"Charges are not laid until the investigations are complete, and the accused may be jailed during the entire period of the investigation," it reads. "Canadians who have been arrested, even for a minor incident, should expect long delays to resolve their cases and may not be allowed to leave the country."
              I guess the morale of the story is don't get yourself into trouble in foreign countries.

Comment

Sorry to hear of this issue. will wait to determine who i am really sorry for, the girl or the two men, until final investigations in both Cuba and Canada are done. that being said, I am pretty sure if two cubans were accused of rape in Canada they wouldn't be sitting at home either

Comment

They should have said they were terrorists, and then the cavalry would have came running

Comment

Originally posted by Ripper View Post
                    They should have said they were terrorists, and then the cavalry would have came running
                    You forgot to mention Justine!

Comment

Originally posted by Buddahboy View Post
                      Sorry to hear of this issue. will wait to determine who i am really sorry for, the girl or the two men, until final investigations in both Cuba and Canada are done. that being said, I am pretty sure if two cubans were accused of rape in Canada they wouldn't be sitting at home either
                      I don't think we'd be able to hold someone for 6 months without charging them?

Comment

If we can extradite, we probably should and fully investigate this. Probably what the lawyers are fighting over. I'm sure there's more to the story than what these two vastly different articles portray. Why did the first article mention the girl was heavy set? Why is that relevant? What a weird article.

Comment

Originally posted by squish View Post
                          If we can extradite, we probably should and fully investigate this. Probably what the lawyers are fighting over. I'm sure there's more to the story than what these two vastly different articles portray. Why did the first article mention the girl was heavy set? Why is that relevant? What a weird article.
                          Basically an opinion piece written by a former cop about other cops Go figure

Comment

Basically an opinion piece written by a former cop about other cops Go figure
                            AS if to say "Why would the boys rape an overweight girl? See? They're innocent!"

Comment

I have no opinion about their guilt or innocence, but people should bear in mind that Cuba is not a place to run afoul of their justice system. Anyone remember that Canadian teen who spent a year there after a minor fender-bender? I would not vacation anywhere tropical except in the USA or former British colonies.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X