Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

because, as many have dubbed it, it was a race piece that made white people feel comfy, and to the point that Shirley's family refereed to it as a "symphony of lies." Social me dia exploded when it won, because frankly, it was a shocking win. JMO, but this should have been a 2 headed race between Roma and A Star Is Born. I know BlacKkKlansman was a favorite for many people, but for me personally, I wasn't a huge fan. I really felt like they gave the award to the movie based largely off of social pressure.
    I saw most of them and Roma was by far the best IMO. But the Academy was not going to reward a Netflix production ....

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post

I saw most of them and Roma was by far the best IMO. But the Academy was not going to reward a Netflix production ....
      Truth.

So much BS with this awards. Stuff like people's choice should trump the Academy awards.
      #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Truth.

So much BS with this awards. Stuff like people's choice should trump the Academy awards.
        Its just a bunch of spoiled rich people congratulating spoiled rich people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post

All awards shows are a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fullhouse View Post

pfff, the swag bag was apparently only worth 100k lol
            #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

• Watched "Widows" last night.

3 out of 5 million.

Comment

• Watched the new Shazam. Really wasn't expecting much from it, but actually was a fun movie.
                #keepthepromise

Comment

Truth.

So the best picture would be 50 Shades Free?
                  Best Drama TV show was Riverdale.

It would just end up being whatever the biggest box office movie was wins most the awards. That would be far worse.

They just need to get rid of all the money trying to win awards, the glad handing dinners and parties etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

So the best picture would be 50 Shades Free?
                    Best Drama TV show was Riverdale.

It would just end up being whatever the biggest box office movie was wins most the awards. That would be far worse.

They just need to get rid of all the money trying to win awards, the glad handing dinners and parties etc.
                    people's choice and MTV awards exist and prove this statement is not true.
                    #keepthepromise

Comment

people's choice and MTV awards exist and prove this statement is not true.
                      Look it up. 2018 the winners were Avengers, and 50 Shades for picture, and main actor categories Black Panther and 50 Shades.

MTV the past winners includes all the Twilght Movies and Transformers...

Now MTV also had Pulp Fiction, Seven as outliers. But the trend is the Pop culture movie wins most the time.

I dont watch any award shows. Out of all of them The Academy awards is as much about science and production skill. The winners is who is often the best at glad handing and what company spent the most durning the Oscar race (aka bought the award). But those that are nominated is typically on talent and merit.

The same is not true regarding MTV or The People Choice.

Comment

• Always a good day when a new Star Wars trailer comes out
                        Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post
                          Always a good day when a new Star Wars trailer comes out
                          Who is that laughing at the end of the trailer?????

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by footballisgood View Post

Who is that laughing at the end of the trailer?????
                              Sounds like that Emperor Palpatine
                              Ya friggin Pigeon

Comment

• Originally posted by Giventofly View Post

Sounds like that Emperor Palpatine
                                That's what I thought too. I'm not sure what I think about that. A lot of years would have passed in that continuity. Why go into hiding for that long if he survived? Who would be the second in the rule of two? Ben or Rey?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X