Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post

Yeah, that was a good one too. James Mason was uncomfortably believable.
    Uncomfortable is the exact word for that movie, so much that it sticks with you

Comment

• All The Presidents Men

Redford , Hoffman and a bad azz as always Jason Robards plays the editor of the Washington Post.

The more things change the more they stay the same . Movie was realeased in 1974 but it could have been yesterday

Always worth a watch if u like movies.

Comment

• Saw Captain Marvel. Mixed feelings on it TBH
        #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

• Originally posted by regina View Post
          All The Presidents Men

Redford , Hoffman and a bad azz as always Jason Robards plays the editor of the Washington Post.

The more things change the more they stay the same . Movie was realeased in 1974 but it could have been yesterday

Great movie, but in the same vain but newer is "spotlight" starring Michael Keaton. The story of how the Boston Globe exposed how the Catholic Church in the city had been covering up decades of pedophile priests. Left me feeling pretty darn "icky" after, fnding out that on average, there's a 20% chance that any priest is a pedo, based on all known cases. Wowsers.

Comment

• After all the negativity on the internet around Will Smith's Genie when the teaser was released, I don't think he looks bad at all. As someone who plans to watch this with the wife and kid, I'm actually more concerned with Jafar, doesn't seem villainous at all, but I'll happily wait to see the film.

Side note: Naomi Scott is a babe.

Comment

All The Presidents Men

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974)

IMDB review at: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072251/?ref_=tt_urv

I borrowed it from the Regina Public Library. Robert Shaw and Walter Matthau were at their best.

Gotta love those 70s movies!

Comment

• #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

• A Perfect World

Kevin Costner , Clint Eastwood and Laura Dern. OMGosh, I have a crush on her.

Perhaps...Costners finest moment

Always worth a watch
                  Last edited by regina; 03-16-2019, 08:21 AM.

Comment

A Perfect Place

Kevin Costner , Clint Eastwood and Laura Dern. OMGosh, I have a crush on her.

Perhaps...Costners finest moment

Always worth a watch
                    I think you mean "A Perfect World"

Comment

• Originally posted by flatlandriderfan View Post

I think you mean "A Perfect World"
                      Right, World

Comment

• Creed 2

4 out of 5 broken ribs

Comment

• A Quiet Place.

A few things plot wise irked me like few other movies have. But it was entertaining.

Not a must watch, but worth throwing on the Netflix list and watching if the opportunity arises.

Comment

• Originally posted by R.J View Post

After all the negativity on the internet around Will Smith's Genie when the teaser was released, I don't think he looks bad at all. As someone who plans to watch this with the wife and kid, I'm actually more concerned with Jafar, doesn't seem villainous at all, but I'll happily wait to see the film.

Side note: Naomi Scott is a babe.
                            This looks so awesome. And being Jasmine makes you a babe. Its hilarious how every time I go to Disney, I see young daughters dragging their dads to stand in line for princess pictures. When Jasmine is at the end of the line, it is usually dad dragging their daughters for a pic! #guiltyashellofthistoo

Comment

• Free Solo.

As someone who rock climbs recreationally I thought they could have done a better job of showing just how incredible that climb really was.

Sure it was high (3200 ft). Sure he did it without a rope.

But to do a climb in 3 hours most climbers (those even capable of climbing that hard) take days to do. That wasnt brought up intentionally, was sort of brought up when he climbed over a couple camping on the wall.

Any of the easier sections (pitch) 1/100 serious climbers are capable of doing. The hardest sections 1/1000. To do 30+ pitches at that grade is wild by itself.

Seemed to focus too much on the fact he was without protection and could have focused more on just how hard that climb is even with protection.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X