Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humboldt Broncos home opener

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humboldt Broncos home opener

Well done by Humboldt and TSN . But boy that was sure hard to watch , extremely emotional .

Agreed completely. Toughest time for me was anytime they cut to the players from last years team and you saw a few of them unable to keep it together

Comment

It was well done by everyone. I wonder what the tv audience numbers were?

Comment

I didn't see the game. I saw somebody say somewhere tsn was going to show it commercial free. Is that what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by mrguy View Post
          I didn't see the game. I saw somebody say somewhere tsn was going to show it commercial free. Is that what happened?
          Yes. About four hours with no commercials.

Comment

Kudos to TSN for doing it commercial free and not worrying about the ad revenue or anything like that. It was classy. They had one of the best hockey broadcasters on the planet calling the game (Cuthbert) and had Duthie and McKenzie there.

Like CRF said, was tough to see some of last year's players struggling. I like how the two returning players, Patter and Camrud, went over and stood with the group from last year. The tough part for me was seeing the banners and the birth years on them. You really realize how young some of those boys were.

Take care Humboldt! Stay strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo_Arms View Post
              Kudos to TSN for doing it commercial free and not worrying about the ad revenue or anything like that. It was classy. They had one of the best hockey broadcasters on the planet calling the game (Cuthbert) and had Duthie and McKenzie there.

Like CRF said, was tough to see some of last year's players struggling. I like how the two returning players, Patter and Camrud, went over and stood with the group from last year. The tough part for me was seeing the banners and the birth years on them. You really realize how young some of those boys were.

Take care Humboldt! Stay strong.
              Couldn't say it any Better myself. It was quite emotional to see all those banners being dropped, I can only imagine how the two returning players must have felt when they were with thier teammates.

It was a class act by everyone involved from TSN, to the community, to the fans, to the players, to the first responders, to the Humboldt Broncos, to the Nipawin Hawks, etc etc

Comment

I'd be lying if I said I could make it through the program without tearing up a few times, especially pics or talk of Dayna came up...all the emotions from April came back again..but it's part of the healing process. Great job by TSN...very well done!! Now we can move forward...
                Last edited by gersh; 09-13-2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

I missed it, saw some of it on tsn.ca, don't suppose anyone knows if they will air it again or if I can get it online?

Comment

Originally posted by Sofaking View Post
                    I missed it, saw some of it on tsn.ca, don't suppose anyone knows if they will air it again or if I can get it online?
                    Not positive but I would think it would be online somewhere. Hope you can see it. As much as the game broadcast was great, there were some many interviews and stories and feature articles, it's really worth watching. The pregame show was great as well, lots worth watching there including an update on every player that did survive and where they are now, a few are playing USports hockey.

I can't even begin to imagine what that community went through / will continue to go through. When the stuff on Tyler Bieber came up it had me sad as well. I remember someone saying he was a regular on here back in the day (can't remember his handle, maybe Cap'n Yzerman?) but I remember interacting with him and he sure seemed to be a passionate sports fan. So many great people were lost or had their lives changed forever. Watching that young goalie paralyzed in the wheelchair was also tough, hearing about the two boys STILL in the hospital in Saskatoon 5 months later. Ugh. Sure puts things in perspective when we spend hours fighting over stupid things like Chris Jones, how poor our offence is, the Carter release, who's better between Mason and Thigpen, recruiting etc after you take four hours of your day to sit and watch that telecast. I was really impressed with that Camrud kid. Not only was he one of the best players on the ice last night but his story about coming back and how he trained physically and emotionally was inspiring. I will definitely be following his progress through the year and hoping he has a huge season and gets a scholarship somewhere.

Comment

It is already available to watch on TSN - Games on Demand

Comment

Originally posted by Rider1989 View Post

It is already available to watch on TSN - Games on Demand
                        Ok thanks.

Comment

Just finished watching it. Very moving. I Googled it and it came up as a Global TV production. Didn't show the game but it did cover the complete post game ceremony.

Comment

The town and TSN did such a good job with this. So many people would've been involved in planning and pulling off the game and ceremony.

The songs they used were appropriate, but I wish the recordings didn't have audience applause as part of the music, as that was a bit awkward at times. The one banner being upside down was unfortunate, but they did a good job of recovering from it, and TSN made sure to come back for that shot once it was fixed.

It was quite an emotional evening.

Comment

One thing I noticed and give Kudo's to TSN if it was their idea or not but they did not show any politicians. I was really concerned the Trudeau would be there and they would focus on him but if he was there was no focus that I seen. This day was all about Humboldt Broncos and their organization, nobody else.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X