Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legalization of Marijuana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

I know a couple people who use it for MS pains. They swear by it. One of the people actually avoids using it because they are not a fan of being 'high' but when it gets to a certain point they use oils. Family and friends have encouraged them to use it more, because it is noticeable that they are getting better sleep. They start with these leg tremors and they turn into pains, and it will basically put them to a point they are only getting maybe 1.5-2 hours of sleep, and it can last for weeks. It is brought on by many things, from certain weather to stress (stress is a huge factor). It is at a point where a few of us close to them have some indicators that the person is starting down that path, and we encourage them to use it before bed.

They have both the low/no THC and the THC version. Their doctor straight up told them the non-THC doesn't always seem to be as effective. As they really didn't want the THC they started with it anyways. It did help, but not neatly as well as the stuff with THC, for them anyways. It apparently has something to do with being difficult to strip the THC and not something else with it (perhaps it will improve or is better from certain suppliers/manufacturers). I know many people with "green cards" that are, for the most part, using them as an excuse to consume. People like this person though, they really legitimize it all in my mind and show me how well it can work.

I do know for sure one person that uses it for horrible arthritis (I get a bit sad when I see her TBH because it is just horrible). I know she uses, but I think she mainly smokes and uses the THC. Says it is the only thing that makes it manageable, and she spent her life in the medical field so is pretty informed (or well above average at least) on different treatments.

IMO, try it. If you think it can help, just do it. You can always shrug and stop if it is not for you. Life is too short to live with pains you may not have to.
    Arthritis users make up 55% of prescription users. I already know it will be what I will be using down the road. When I was in the hospital and they gave me some arthritis meds the nurse told me to go off them as they kill the kidney in 10-15 years.

That is what pisses me off about the conservatives and health Canada regarding medical marijuana. The number one cause of kidney disease is overuse of painkillers for arthritis. Yet they pretend that MJ is so dangerous and ignore the reality that someone who pops 8 extra strength tylonal to deal with pain is destroying their kidney.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

Arthritis users make up 55% of prescription users. I already know it will be what I will be using down the road. When I was in the hospital and they gave me some arthritis meds the nurse told me to go off them as they kill the kidney in 10-15 years.

That is what pisses me off about the conservatives and health Canada regarding medical marijuana. The number one cause of kidney disease is overuse of painkillers for arthritis. Yet they pretend that MJ is so dangerous and ignore the reality that someone who pops 8 extra strength tylonal to deal with pain is destroying their kidney.
      The biggest winner of legalization will the be medical industry and medical users. Companies can do so much research and sample studies without going through the bureaucracy of a controlled substance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigsexydawg View Post
        Has there been any announcements or messaging where the stores in Regina will be located?
        701 Centennial Drive North in Martensville

https://ccgazette.ca/2018/09/11/fall...re/#more-15653
        Two Regina brothers are gearing up to open four retail pot shops in the province as legalization nears.

Comment

• Rider QB Scrappin in Full Swing

Comment

• Dad has got pretty bad Parkinsons and I've been thinking of trying Cannabis with him for awhile, no idea if will help or not. He is currently on 11 different daily medications (not a typo) and I wonder if this will help, he shakes so bad he can hardly eat some days.
            Last edited by Sofaking; 09-14-2018, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sofaking View Post
              Dad has got pretty bad Parkinsons and I've been thinking of trying Cannabis with him for awhile, no idea if will help or not. He is currently on 11 daily medications (not a typo) and I wonder if this will help, he shakes so bad he can hardly eat some days.
              http://www.parkinson.org/Understandi...ical-Marijuana

Comment

• Thanks and yes I've read the research and it suggests that there may not be any benefit and may be negative consequences. I'm still contemplating on whether or not it could be something to try.

Comment

Dad has got pretty bad Parkinsons and I've been thinking of trying Cannabis with him for awhile, no idea if will help or not. He is currently on 11 different daily medications (not a typo) and I wonder if this will help, he shakes so bad he can hardly eat some days.

I have no idea if it just masks problems or legit helps, but in the end, who cares. If this is something that helps bring someone normality even for while a things progress, well, that just brings a tear to my eye. Good luck
                  #keepthepromise

Everybody knows you never go full Gary.

Comment

I have no idea if it just masks problems or legit helps, but in the end, who cares. If this is something that helps bring someone normality even for while a things progress, well, that just brings a tear to my eye. Good luck
                    My dads Parkinsons symptoms are quite a bit different than that gentleman. His hands shake just as bad but his mobility and memory/logic is gone. He uses a walker full time and still falls down frequently. I should talk to his doctor before introducing something new to the pharmacy he already takes every day.

Comment

My dads Parkinsons symptoms are quite a bit different than that gentleman. His hands shake just as bad but his mobility and memory/logic is gone. He uses a walker full time and still falls down frequently. I should talk to his doctor before introducing something new to the pharmacy he already takes every day.
                      Not only would I recommend that, but I would get multiple opinions.
                      #keepthepromise

Comment

Not only would I recommend that, but I would get multiple opinions.
                        Like I mentioned he is on 11 different medications, most not related to Parkinsons. It would be irresponsible to just introduce Cannabis.

Comment

Like I mentioned he is on 11 different medications, most not related to Parkinsons. It would be irresponsible to just introduce Cannabis.
                          Yeah. I would recommend anyone on more than one med talk to a doctor before introducing it. Further, I would also talk to a good pharmacist. For people on regular multiple medications, a regular food pharmacist is, IMO, really overlooked. Doctors are great, but a good pharmacist generally recognizes odd combinations before a doctor will, and will talk to you about them. They won't say "don't take this" but they will give you some feedback to take to your doctor. My mother in law was on a crappolla of meds, and she was at a poor pharmacist and really bounced around. She locked into one at, of all places, Safeway (due to airmiles) and they pretty quickly saw some issues. There were drugs that cancelled each other out to some degree, and some that were not good combinations. This info was taken to her doctor and her cocktail was drastically altered. She has felt a lot better since doing this. I think that a pharmacist's input is severely undervalued. It is like if you are on a med and it says no drinking, and you go to them and say that it is your wife's birthday or something that you would like to have a couple drinks at, they can give you a better story to it all.
                          #keepthepromise

Comment

Yeah. I would recommend anyone on more than one med talk to a doctor before introducing it. Further, I would also talk to a good pharmacist. For people on regular multiple medications, a regular food pharmacist is, IMO, really overlooked. Doctors are great, but a good pharmacist generally recognizes odd combinations before a doctor will, and will talk to you about them. They won't say "don't take this" but they will give you some feedback to take to your doctor. My mother in law was on a crappolla of meds, and she was at a poor pharmacist and really bounced around. She locked into one at, of all places, Safeway (due to airmiles) and they pretty quickly saw some issues. There were drugs that cancelled each other out to some degree, and some that were not good combinations. This info was taken to her doctor and her cocktail was drastically altered. She has felt a lot better since doing this. I think that a pharmacist's input is severely undervalued. It is like if you are on a med and it says no drinking, and you go to them and say that it is your wife's birthday or something that you would like to have a couple drinks at, they can give you a better story to it all.
                            Or Rod Black is calling the game this week...
                            You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by the speed of light squared... ...then you energy.

Comment

• Anyone working in the bud industry may be banned from entering Merica.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenwall View Post
                                Anyone working in the bud industry may be banned from entering Merica.
                                Only if you list where you work.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X