Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wood Pellet Grills Reviews/Opinions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sprout View Post

Anything cooked outside is wonderful! I just have a little charcoal kettle, but it's a little premature to try cooking anything on it. Maybe in a month or so ...

Mmm, beer can chicken!
    I did a pulled pork on my kettle yesterday. Was a beautiful day for it.

Comment

Got some ribs going. Feels like summer out there compared to what we've been dealing with

Comment

Did some pork belly burnt ends today as an appetizer....awesome.
        Did 3 chickens on the traeger after the pork belly. Perhaps a bit too much salt in the rub, but otherwise AWESOME.

Love the grill.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hold View Post
          Did 3 chickens on the traeger after the pork belly. Perhaps a bit too much salt in the rub, but otherwise AWESOME.

Love the grill.
          Traeger chicken rub? Stuff is great but it is salty

Comment

Originally posted by The Hold View Post

Love the grill.
            Did some Greek pork chops today and it was beautiful outside. There was one small chop that wouldn't have been big enough for a meal so I snacked on it out at the grill. I just happened to turn around and look at the kitchen window and the wife was standing there laughing at me. Just shrugged the shoulders and kept chewing, it was tasty! LOL

Comment

Kind a dumb question, but do any of you take your traegers camping? Thinking of taking it to our seasonal this year but want to secure it somehow while we aren't there. Thinking just a chain thru the lid and hopper handle. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac View Post
                Kind a dumb question, but do any of you take your traegers camping? Thinking of taking it to our seasonal this year but want to secure it somehow while we aren't there. Thinking just a chain thru the lid and hopper handle. Any other suggestions?
                I've taken my 22 WSM on our last 2 camping trips. Almost nothing more fun than bathing the entire campground in pecan smoke the whole day during a fire ban. Made a few friends I most likely wouldn't have otherwise.
                2018 YNOT Champ

Comment

Originally posted by riderphan View Post

I've taken my 22 WSM on our last 2 camping trips. Almost nothing more fun than bathing the entire campground in pecan smoke the whole day during a fire ban. Made a few friends I most likely wouldn't have otherwise.
                  A neophyte question. This is the Weber smoker? These are okay during campfire bans? I realize itís not an open flame, everything is enclosed, but you have to open it at times...and itís allowed?

Comment

Originally posted by Joeywalters View Post

A neophyte question. This is the Weber smoker? These are okay during campfire bans? I realize itís not an open flame, everything is enclosed, but you have to open it at times...and itís allowed?
                    BBQ's and grills are always allowed during any fireban that I've been in.

Comment

We usually go to Living Forest here on the island where it is a cooking implement without an open flame therefore allowed apparently....
                      2018 YNOT Champ

Comment

I think charcoal is allowed too, as it's not a flame. Not sure about the Sparks that fall out the bottom, but anyway.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X