Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Typacalypse View Post

Check yo math. That would be 10 Taylors.
    No. It might have gotten lost in brevity, but I'm saying ivy league business students are one percenters in society. And from 100,000 grads, the top 1% would be 1,000. I do believe it's possible to find 2 or more Taylors in that subgroup.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket 88 View Post

So you won't be investing with Taylor Mason Capital then. Next you're going to tell us how unlikely it is that a chemistry teacher will start cooking meth or that Daneyris and Jon Snow have a higher probability of having a child with birth defects. SMH
      You should have read sentence two and beyond. But especially sentence two.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket 88 View Post

So you won't be investing with Taylor Mason Capital then. Next you're going to tell us how unlikely it is that a chemistry teacher will start cooking meth or that Daneyris and Jon Snow have a higher probability of having a child with birth defects. SMH
        The first paragraph about traders and their skill set is so hopelessly wrong. I need to just walk away from this.

Comment

Originally posted by Touchdown View Post

No. It might have gotten lost in brevity, but I'm saying ivy league business students are one percenters in society. And from 100,000 grads, the top 1% would be 1,000. I do believe it's possible to find 2 or more Taylors in that subgroup.
          Originally posted by Touchdown View Post

Taylor is smart, but I promise you there's a hundred thousand grads with Taylor's schooling graduated per year, so if you then winnow it to just the top 1% of that top 1%, you've still got a thousand potential Taylors
          My bad. I just read top 1% of the top 1% of 100000. But I see what you meant now.

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post

The first paragraph about traders and their skill set is so hopelessly wrong. I need to just walk away from this.
            Iíve had the same frustrations with other finance industry discussions. Save your sanity lol.

Comment

Just saw the trailer for the new season. Canít wait until March 17. With Thrones starting April 17 Sunday night will be busy! I wonder if Silicon Valley is starting anytime soon too

Comment

Just saw the trailer for the new season. Canít wait until March 17. With Thrones starting April 17 Sunday night will be busy! I wonder if Silicon Valley is starting anytime soon too
                Silicon Valley was, sadly, put off for probably a year. I was actually wondering the same thing the other day and looked into it. The producer (?? someone running it anyways) is also producing Barry, and everyone decided it would be better to offset things to divide his time better. The good news is that the hiatus apparently increases the likelihood of an additional season after this next. I was reading that they were getting worried about different ways of them falling on their faces was concerned it was going to run flat, so they may do an additional season where part of it is them doing their thing and tackling new startups when they are the ones with money.
                #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

Silicon Valley was, sadly, put off for probably a year. I was actually wondering the same thing the other day and looked into it. The producer (?? someone running it anyways) is also producing Barry, and everyone decided it would be better to offset things to divide his time better. The good news is that the hiatus apparently increases the likelihood of an additional season after this next. I was reading that they were getting worried about different ways of them falling on their faces was concerned it was going to run flat, so they may do an additional season where part of it is them doing their thing and tackling new startups when they are the ones with money.
                  I read an article about Mike Judge and he stated that this would likely be the last season, and it would start up again in the fall. Too bad, it's hilarious. I actually got my entire office watching it this winter. None of them had even heard of it before I mentioned it. Now they're all hooked. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by rockford35 View Post

I read an article about Mike Judge and he stated that this would likely be the last season, and it would start up again in the fall. Too bad, it's hilarious. I actually got my entire office watching it this winter. None of them had even heard of it before I mentioned it. Now they're all hooked. Lol.
                    guessing that is old, as I saw similar, but they are saying 2020 now, and the increased potential of an additional season comes with that, where as if it came out now, another season is almost assured to be no

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...oduction-delay
                    Last edited by Beacon.x; 03-09-2019, 07:02 PM.
                    #keepthepromise

Onward with escaping the hopeless fantasy of an artificial freedom and darkened picket fences the disillusioned front of friendly foes

Comment

Absolutely love Silicon Valley

Itís reassuring to read that the writers are concerned about keeping the quality high

which to me means I could get my fix for a couple more seasons .......aaahhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

guessing that is old, as I saw similar, but they are saying 2020 now, and the increased potential of an additional season comes with that, where as if it came out now, another season is almost assured to be no

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...oduction-delay
                        This isn't the article I read, but this one states the same.

https://www.salon.com/2019/03/09/hbo...nd-it_partner/

Comment

After watching the opening episode of this season, Wags may be my favourite character on tv right now. Also, can I interest anyone with a park anywhere pass?

Comment

After watching the opening episode of this season, Wags may be my favourite character on tv right now. Also, can I interest anyone with a park anywhere pass?
                            Wags is such a beauty. I love episodes where they feature him.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X