Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billions

Seems like Gov and I are usually the only ones commenting in the "Billions" thread on the "old" site, so this one may not get much play. But Gov, like myself, loves this series. And yet again last nite, as always, it delivered.

I also love this series... the character development has been outstanding.

Comment

Last night seemed like a "set up" episode for stuff to go down in future episodes. Axe's wife was pissed when she found out his deception to her about seeing Wendy.

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
        Last night seemed like a "set up" episode for stuff to go down in future episodes. Axe's wife was pissed when she found out his deception to her about seeing Wendy.
        I knew that was going to come back and bite Axe in his ***.

Comment

I just started watching this series about 2 weeks ago and love it. Wags is my favourite character.

Comment

I see commercials for it and always intend to watch it but forget about it. Both lead actors are good in other shows that I have seen so would anticipate no less from this show.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post
              I see commercials for it and always intend to watch it but forget about it. Both lead actors are good in other shows that I have seen so would anticipate no less from this show.
              I've seen good hints by posters here but all of the commercials I see typical Paul Giamatti overacting.

Comment

Originally posted by go riders View Post

I've seen good hints by posters here but all of the commercials I see typical Paul Giamatti overacting.
                You got something against short bald guys? I'm watching you...

Comment

Benn watching this series, its quite rich with twists and turns. Well acted with attractive players.
                  Billions = 8/10 bucks

Have u watched Little Big Lies ? That is a great series .

Comment

It's a decent show. I wish they'd drop the Chuck Rhoades character and focus on the investment story lines. There are plenty of legal shows out there to watch, but so few on investing/finance. The Axe Capital story lines are far more interesting to me.

Comment

I think they have to have the Rhoades character or some sort of legal person to have an antagonist to Axe if there are things Axe is doing that are underhanded. You need a threat to him. I can see if you mean the stuff like Rhodes running for office, but I like that storyline showing how his character is not exactly a good guy.

I don't know why but one of my favorite lines on that show is one of the traders is giving Axe the scoop on some non-public info and he asks them how certain they are. "I am not uncertain"
                      I wonder how exaggerated their methods are in getting inside info vs the real world.

For those who watched the last episode (spoiler alert), what they did with that research was a big no-no based on changes in the early 2000's after the tech crash. Lot of firms wrote positive news to support stocks they financed and profited. Having the research dept influenced by other depts. is an absolute no-no....US and Canada and presumably other countries. Taylor is in it neck deep now.

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryRiderFan View Post
                        I think they have to have the Rhoades character or some sort of legal person to have an antagonist to Axe if there are things Axe is doing that are underhanded. You need a threat to him. I can see if you mean the stuff like Rhodes running for office, but I like that storyline showing how his character is not exactly a good guy.

I don't know why but one of my favorite lines on that show is one of the traders is giving Axe the scoop on some non-public info and he asks them how certain they are. "I am not uncertain"
                        I wonder how exaggerated their methods are in getting inside info vs the real world.

For those who watched the last episode (spoiler alert), what they did with that research was a big no-no based on changes in the early 2000's after the tech crash. Lot of firms wrote positive news to support stocks they financed and profited. Having the research dept influenced by other depts. is an absolute no-no....US and Canada and presumably other countries. Taylor is in it neck deep now.
                        Yes, "they" are ...

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post

Yes, "they" are ...
                          Well played. That is a good side storyline this year. How Taylor went from someone who really didn't want to work there full time and was actually put off by some things in the environment who after getting a taste of the money and good life is turning to "the dark side".

Comment

Just when you think Axe has a clear path to victory............

Comment

Originally posted by Rider_Stronson View Post
                              Just when you think Axe has a clear path to victory............
                              No doubt hey? Fascinating stuff...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X