Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thai boys trapped in cave

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw this thread topped and my first thought was "again? Did we learn nothing?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Attempt View Post
      Saw this thread topped and my first thought was "again? Did we learn nothing?"
      It was so much fun the first time...

Comment

• Originally posted by jenius View Post

It was so much fun the first time...
        Lol every time this thread gets brought up I almost forgot about it when I started it in April.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Lol every time this thread gets brought up I almost forgot about it when I started it in April.
          That's pretty cool since they weren't trapped until June.

Comment

• Originally posted by Touchdown View Post

Musk has long been an obvious repugnant person. But what's annoying is the mass reverence for the myth of his supposed science knowledge and powers of invention.

He got rich by lottery. He then burned through all that wealth with an unsuccessful electric car venture, and has since been coasting on other people's money. Electric cars are hardly a new invention. They pre-dated internal combustion. Rechargeable batteries aren't his invention, nor are rockets.

Other people's money funded actual smart people to build his cars and rockets, in anonymity. Musk claiming credit is a con.

But worse, his undeniably incompetent leadership management have hampered their progress to a degree that we can only speculate. Imagine if the smart people who designed and built the Tesla and SpaceX actually had a competent, honest, inspiring leader? What more could they have achieved by now?

His "vision" is no different than that of any young child who said what if we collected more solar power and used more electricity than fossil fuels. There's nothing wrong with such a vision, but other than flying cars it's probably the most unoriginal "vision" ever.

Tesla, as a car manufacturer, is doomed. They sell a ridiculously low number of vehicles and lose money. If and when electric cars go mainstream, Tesla can be pummelled by any other manufacturer who produces and distributes more cars in a day than Tesla can in a year.

Tesla may live on as a brand mark, where the badge on the hood says Tesla but the management and production have been taken over by grown ups. Or it may be sold off transparently.

There's also a chance Tesla may accidentally succeed as a battery maker. They have a massive factory nearly built and there's value in having economy of scale for an advanced product, and Tesla's battery is the superior design.

None of his random diversions like trucks and glass shingles and flame throwers and tunnel borers are viable or have mass appeal. Self landing rockets will always be niche, at least for the new few centuries.

Musk has been a crook with other people's money, negligent with people's careers and livelihood, greedy in taking undue credit, venomous in communicating, dishonorable in his personal dealings, and a fraudulent manipulator of public markets.

I'm not sure what I'm dreaming of most... a world based on renewable energy, or people to wake up and realize what a hoax Musk is.

Yeah....the guy is a total loser! /s

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X