Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thai boys trapped in cave

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Magnum View Post

As above, would tell them to go eff themselves and be done with it. If they persist, then that is the time you get the lawyers involved.
    FFS, Musk doubled down on it later on. Of course he's deleted all the tweets since.

You're ok with being called a pedophile then? He slandered the guy along with the whole country of Thailand. The guy is an effen moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by pappcam View Post

FFS, Musk doubled down on it later on. Of course he's deleted all the tweets since.

You're ok with being called a pedophile then? He slandered the guy along with the whole country of Thailand. The guy is an effen moron.
      Why hang on to it? Is someone calling you a name really something to get your poop all tied up in a knot? Its not like these 2 individuals run in the same circles. In another week this is all forgotten and Musk goes on to miss another deadline for one of his cars or trucks and diver dude is back diving in Thailand and doing what he enjoys.

If you are living in a tropical location doing something you love every day are you really going to put your life on hold for a lawsuit about name calling? After one hour in a court room diver dude will say to himself......I could be doing something better than this.

I have better things to do than worry about someone I have never met before calling me whatever. Perhaps I may have tweeted........." Takes one to know one"......or the classic...." I know you are but what am I" to amp things up before I tell him to go eff himself.

Comment

• Several million followers vs a few hundred followers.How is the diver supposed to "get back" at him, if not through legal channels. Nope, sue the crap out of the weirdo Billionaire. He'll probably settle. Serves him right for being a d-bag with his celebrity status.

Comment

• He didnít call him a name, he said he was a pedophile. Not the same thing. If he called him an idiot or some other name the reaction would be different.

Comment

• Just read this one. What an incredible rescue.
            Good write up as well.
            The inside story of an improbable team of divers, a near-impossible plan and the rescue of 12 boys from a Thai cave

Comment

• Musk got those kids out of the cave yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by jollyrider View Post
                Just read this one. What an incredible rescue.
                Good write up as well.
                Unbelievable story. I had no idea they sedated them all in the way out but that was likely the only way it could be done. Crazy was they accomplished

Comment

• Originally posted by Sofaking View Post

Yea you gotta have gonads to go cave diving in the first place or be a little bit nuts. These guys are heroes period. The more I learn about Musk the less I like him.
                  Musk has long been an obvious repugnant person. But what's annoying is the mass reverence for the myth of his supposed science knowledge and powers of invention.

He got rich by lottery. He then burned through all that wealth with an unsuccessful electric car venture, and has since been coasting on other people's money. Electric cars are hardly a new invention. They pre-dated internal combustion. Rechargeable batteries aren't his invention, nor are rockets.

Other people's money funded actual smart people to build his cars and rockets, in anonymity. Musk claiming credit is a con.

But worse, his undeniably incompetent leadership management have hampered their progress to a degree that we can only speculate. Imagine if the smart people who designed and built the Tesla and SpaceX actually had a competent, honest, inspiring leader? What more could they have achieved by now?

His "vision" is no different than that of any young child who said what if we collected more solar power and used more electricity than fossil fuels. There's nothing wrong with such a vision, but other than flying cars it's probably the most unoriginal "vision" ever.

Tesla, as a car manufacturer, is doomed. They sell a ridiculously low number of vehicles and lose money. If and when electric cars go mainstream, Tesla can be pummelled by any other manufacturer who produces and distributes more cars in a day than Tesla can in a year.

Tesla may live on as a brand mark, where the badge on the hood says Tesla but the management and production have been taken over by grown ups. Or it may be sold off transparently.

There's also a chance Tesla may accidentally succeed as a battery maker. They have a massive factory nearly built and there's value in having economy of scale for an advanced product, and Tesla's battery is the superior design.

None of his random diversions like trucks and glass shingles and flame throwers and tunnel borers are viable or have mass appeal. Self landing rockets will always be niche, at least for the new few centuries.

Musk has been a crook with other people's money, negligent with people's careers and livelihood, greedy in taking undue credit, venomous in communicating, dishonorable in his personal dealings, and a fraudulent manipulator of public markets.

I'm not sure what I'm dreaming of most... a world based on renewable energy, or people to wake up and realize what a hoax Musk is.

Comment

• So you are saying you aren't a Musk fan? lol

Comment

Good write up as well.
                      Thanks, that was a great read.
                      Is it May yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Touchdown View Post

Blah, blah, blah...
                        Do you always quote 6 month old posts to try and show how "smart" you are?

Comment

• Originally posted by pappcam View Post

Do you always quote 6 month old posts to try and show how "smart" you are?
                          It took him 6 months to "google" all of his knowledge.

Comment

• Or, you know, the thread has recently been bumped and that was why touchdown posted in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheels View Post
                              Or, you know, the thread has recently been bumped and that was why touchdown posted in it.
                              Thanks. I hope I never become normalized to seeing people whose natural first instinct is always to take an unprovoked and malicious sucker punch at other members for no reason.

Comment

Good write up as well.
                                I happen to know Erik... not great friends or anything but have hung out several times. Really good dude and was incredible to hear a bit about his experience.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X