Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's on Netflix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rider_Stronson
    started a topic What's on Netflix

What's on Netflix

Netflix thread. Have at 'er. New episodes to "The Last Kingdom" posted weekly now. Great show. Into Season Two now.

• Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by hugoagogo View Post

I found the second episode, "Smithereens", much better than the first. It struck more of an emotional chord with me. Plus it starred Andrew Scott who played Moriarty in the Sherlock TV series. I really like his acting. Haven't watched the third yet.
    Agree 100% - Andrew Scott is wonderful in everything he does and it was a better episode.

Still, it's not on par with the first couple of seasons. It was okay, but it lacked the punch of earlier episodes, the "what could be". Instead, it's a "what it is" that we're all aware of and have thought about and seen SGI public service announcements for.

Leave a comment:

• rjrxs
    replied
    Originally posted by Kokanee View Post
    New season of Designated Survivor dropped recently. Two episodes in and still enjoying it. Moving from network to Netflix has added a bit more colourful language lol
    Just started watching this. The last time we looked forward to evening tv like this was with Breaking Bad.
    Only 5 episodes in. Just about ready to turn it on tonight.

Leave a comment:

• hugoagogo
    replied
    Originally posted by Andy View Post
    Watched the first episode of the latest season of Black Mirror the other night. Without spoilers, I thought it was pretty "meh". I felt it recycled plot lines/themes of previous episodes (and other series). My wife really liked it, though.
    I found the second episode, "Smithereens", much better than the first. It struck more of an emotional chord with me. Plus it starred Andrew Scott who played Moriarty in the Sherlock TV series. I really like his acting. Haven't watched the third yet.

Leave a comment:

• regina
    replied
    Whats on Crave / Showtime

Escape at Dannemora

Directed by Ben Stiller. Starring Benico Del Toro, Paul Danno and Patricia Arquette. Based on a true story. One season 8 shows

If u were a fan of Fargo, u should like this .

8 Out of 10 years

Leave a comment:

• Kokanee
    replied
    New season of Designated Survivor dropped recently. Two episodes in and still enjoying it. Moving from network to Netflix has added a bit more colourful language lol

Leave a comment:

• flatlandriderfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldguard View Post
    Just finished "When They See Us", about the Central Park Five. Can't recommend it highly enough.
    Just watched the first episode on the weekend. Looking forward to the rest of it.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Watched the first episode of the latest season of Black Mirror the other night. Without spoilers, I thought it was pretty "meh". I felt it recycled plot lines/themes of previous episodes (and other series). My wife really liked it, though.

Leave a comment:

• drysaddle
    replied
    Originally posted by voice of reason View Post
    Not on Netflix, but if you get a chance watch Chernobyl. Best TV I have seen in a long time.
    Outstanding series. I've heard tourism to Chernobyl is up 40% since the series launched

Leave a comment:

• Don Mega
    replied
    A friend of mine recommended "White Gold" on Netflix. A British comedy about double glazed window sales in the 80s. A couple of guys from The Inbetweeners in it. Pretty darn funny, IMO. Only 2 seasons so far.

Leave a comment:

• Oldguard
    replied
    Just finished "When They See Us", about the Central Park Five. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Leave a comment:

• voice of reason
    replied
    Not on Netflix, but if you get a chance watch Chernobyl. Best TV I have seen in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• Joeywalters
    replied
    Finished season 5 of Bosch. Great series, wish I found it sooner (thanks Magnum). Onto Good Omens on Prime.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by chester68 View Post

Damn, you got me excited for a British version of Dexter, but it's just Michael C. Hall with an English accent.
    A British version of "Dexter" would have ended a couple of seasons earlier than the American version did and saved us from wasting our time.

Leave a comment:

• juice
    replied
    Originally posted by chester68 View Post

Damn, you got me excited for a British version of Dexter, but it's just Michael C. Hall with an English accent.
    Sorry. Yeah, totally different show. Lots of twists and turns, though.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X