Welcome!

Welcome to our community forums, full of great people, ideas and excitement. Please register if you would like to take part.

Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's on Netflix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rider_Stronson
    started a topic What's on Netflix

What's on Netflix

Netflix thread. Have at 'er. New episodes to "The Last Kingdom" posted weekly now. Great show. Into Season Two now.

• steve04
    replied
    This show “Black Summer” looks pretty good - walking deadish for sure, but the zombies appear to have a bit more of a motor to them - gonna watch it in the near future

Leave a comment:

• Goldsmith78
    replied
    Originally posted by Joeywalters View Post
    I thought season 1>2>3

Great series still
    Tough to rank the seasons. I think maybe 1 & 3 and 2 a bit back, although it finished strong. Just looked it up and it seems there will be a Season 4, probably in 2020 so looking forward to that.

Leave a comment:

• Joeywalters
    replied
    I thought season 1>2>3

Great series still

Leave a comment:

• squish
    replied
    Originally posted by voice of reason View Post

I love the way there is just enough connection that you know all 4 stories are in the same universe, but there are separate standalone stories as well.
    Still no resolution on that ufo though

Leave a comment:

• voice of reason
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldsmith78 View Post
    Just finished the last season of Fargo and it has definitely moved into the top end of my all time favourite series. Quirky, strange, funny, violent and very memorable show. I think I'm going to try Bodyguard next.
    I love the way there is just enough connection that you know all 4 stories are in the same universe, but there are separate standalone stories as well.

Leave a comment:

• Goldsmith78
    replied
    Just finished the last season of Fargo and it has definitely moved into the top end of my all time favourite series. Quirky, strange, funny, violent and very memorable show. I think I'm going to try Bodyguard next.

Leave a comment:

• steve04
    replied
    Originally posted by bigmac View Post
    Very late to the party, but just finished Arrested Development. Hilarious...and the parallels between them and the Trumps is unreal.
    I haven't watched the first 3 seasons in a while and don't recall that comparison from those seasons, but yes in the Netflix seasons, they make it very obvious that they are making fun of the Trump family.

Leave a comment:

• lerriuqs
    replied
    Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post

Fair enough. I was just reading an article that stated likely Netflix. Cool to see it land somewhere that more people likely have access to, but surprised, as I believe the runtime of the episodes I watched was pushing 60 minutes. That makes it close to 90 on TV.

definitely a different looking superhero take. Brendan Fraser's dry humor is hilarious in it.
    75 minutes on tv. Though I tend to pvr shows.

Leave a comment:

• Beacon.x
    replied
    Originally posted by lerriuqs View Post

Doom Patrol just started on Space last week. Not clear if it’s going to Netflix imo. Titans went straight to Netflix after airing on ZdCUniverse.
    Fair enough. I was just reading an article that stated likely Netflix. Cool to see it land somewhere that more people likely have access to, but surprised, as I believe the runtime of the episodes I watched was pushing 60 minutes. That makes it close to 90 on TV.

definitely a different looking superhero take. Brendan Fraser's dry humor is hilarious in it.

Leave a comment:

• bigmac
    replied
    Very late to the party, but just finished Arrested Development. Hilarious...and the parallels between them and the Trumps is unreal.

Leave a comment:

• lerriuqs
    replied
    Originally posted by Beacon.x View Post
    Not on Netflix yet, but apparently coming, is Doom Patrol. The apparent plan is to distribute it on Netflix outside of the US, but in the US it is on DCUniverse. I've never read any of it, but man, a few episodes in and the creators of this content were clearly on some fabulous drugs.
    Doom Patrol just started on Space last week. Not clear if it’s going to Netflix imo. Titans went straight to Netflix after airing on ZdCUniverse.

Leave a comment:

• lerriuqs
    replied
    Originally posted by squish View Post

Yeah, they're fine, my son and I go to most of them. I guess I just wish that there were other choices to go to in theaters these days, but it seems like if there is a "big" movie or a summer blockbuster, its a superhero movie. Thats fine, but what about every other type of movie? What about a sweeping epic? A disaster film? Sci fi? It seems that all of these are covered only by superheros. It would just be nice to have some variety.
    The best sci Fi is rarely a big expensive movie.

Leave a comment:

• Beacon.x
    replied
    Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

Half the movies you listed are not big budget films. Of those that are not targeted to kids that had higher budgets is Annihilation, Widows, First Man. Even then none of these films had large budgets past $60 million.

It is also worth noting that a large amount you listed are sequels, or remakes. You also put in some very small budget films.
    The first movie i looked at just now was MI, and had a budget of 178 million. Yes, I understand it would be a higher budget off that list, but definitely not targeted at kids. Few of the movies listed were, except for the couple comedies and arguably Halloween. Movies like Star Wars might be popular with kids, but they are definitely a wide market appeal movie.

Who cares if it is a sequel or remake? A big movie is a big movie. Not sure how that is a factor. And ff course action movies have bigger budgets. You don't see a pile of non-action movies with 100 million dollar budgets. That is just common sense. Forrest Gump was one of the biggest movies of all time and was under 60 million. Spending big bucks doesn't instantly make a movie big, just like a small budget doesn't mean a movie can't be big.

Superhero and like movies will continue getting big budgets as long as they are raking in massive dollars, as they clearly have a massive draw and at this time seem to care nominal risk.
    Last edited by Beacon.x; 04-09-2019, 07:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• squish
    replied
    Originally posted by Cflgridiron View Post

Half the movies you listed are not big budget films. Of those that are not targeted to kids that had higher budgets is Annihilation, Widows, First Man. Even then none of these films had large budgets past $60 million.

It is also worth noting that a large amount you listed are sequels, or remakes. You also put in some very small budget films.
    Yeah, I was thinking of things like, the summer of 1996, the blockbusters were Independance Day, Twister, I think Armageddon. Big splashy movies that didn't feature anyone in a tight suit.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X